Psalms 109-8

Thank you, Picaro. I was thinking about what opens the book of Job up and I believe it is without question, suffering. Suffering in the body is different from suffering in the soul and spirit. When our soul is wounded it is quite painful but we can encourage ourselves in the Lord as David did.

But when our spirit is wounded it is a very deep thing and only God can minister to us then. Humans become useless in such a matter. With that, I am not a bible Scholar. I never went to school to study the bible. What I have learned has come from the School of God and his school is quite different from the schools of men. On the subject of Job's suffering, God was the one who first asked Satan if he had noticed his servant Job. It was as if God set a hook in Satan's mouth and drew him right into the challenge in order to bless his own servant - Job.

There are some that focus on what God rewarded Job with after his great trial in tangible assets, more children, and so forth. I do not see that as Job's greatest reward. I see those things God added to him as the "incidentals" if you will to over compensate for the losses he suffered. The reward was that through his suffering he became driven to know God in a way he could not have known him without it. Although Job was a righteous man before this trial began, God sought a greater work of sanctification in him which could only come through what his three friends concluded about him.

Of course, they had not spoken rightly about him but to be judged wrongly by his friends was what provoked the dross to rise to the surface so that it could be removed by the hand of God.

My words are not adequate. This is what I mean, when God took the hedge of protection down over Job, God honored him. There is no greater honor (and reward) than to know that God knew in advance he could take that hedge down and that Job would utter those words, Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him.

That is the summit of faith.

Last edited:
Psalm 109 is a tough read. .

Yes, it's a tough read, but nowhere as tough a read for Christian theologians as the entire book of Job. William Safire devoted a book to discussing Job, a very interesting one.
Teaching Library

Thanks for the link, but I don't do Youtubes; there are too many good texts out there to bother with those.
They're not you tube. They're mp3 and he goes thru word by word, verse by verse. And explains what's happening.
When I drove truck it was great.

Forum List

Back