Protests, vandals and the broad brush of the dishonest right wing

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
SF Chron. Sat. Feb. 18:

"UC Berkeley police have released 21 photos of people suspected of committing “serious acts of violence and vandalism” during a protest this month that shut down the scheduled talk by Milo Yiannopoulos at the student union.

"On Feb. 1, vandals infiltrated the protest against the appearance of the right-wing provocateur, breaking windows and setting police equipment on fire. They caused $100,000 in damage on campus, university officials said. About half a dozen injuries were reported.

"Although many of the suspects are masked, several faces are visible in the photos released."

Once again the facts prove those self defined conservatives and haters of all things liberal blamed liberals, progressives and Democrats for the violence on Campus. Without lies and distortions these robble-rousers would have nothing to offer on this and similar events; without a doubt the fools will respond below with the claim that the Chron. is not credible, they've been told all news sources are lies and truth reside solely in the words of trump, limbaugh, hannity and Alt. Right agent provocateurs.

SF Chron. Sat. Feb. 18:

"UC Berkeley police have released 21 photos of people suspected of committing “serious acts of violence and vandalism” during a protest this month that shut down the scheduled talk by Milo Yiannopoulos at the student union.

"On Feb. 1, vandals infiltrated the protest against the appearance of the right-wing provocateur, breaking windows and setting police equipment on fire. They caused $100,000 in damage on campus, university officials said. About half a dozen injuries were reported.

"Although many of the suspects are masked, several faces are visible in the photos released."

Once again the facts prove those self defined conservatives and haters of all things liberal blamed liberals, progressives and Democrats for the violence on Campus. Without lies and distortions these robble-rousers would have nothing to offer on this and similar events; without a doubt the fools will respond below with the claim that the Chron. is not credible, they've been told all news sources are lies and truth reside solely in the words of trump, limbaugh, hannity and Alt. Right agent provocateurs.

I'm not seeing the part that the vandals infiltrated anything. Simply saying so is pure speculation.

Nice try, but another thread fail.

• Banned
SF Chron. Sat. Feb. 18:

I'm not seeing the part that the vandals infiltrated anything. Simply saying so is pure speculation.

Nice try, but another thread fail.

No surprise that I'll need to repeat myself:

"Without lies and distortions these robble-rousers would have nothing to offer on this and similar events; without a doubt the fools will respond below with the claim that the Chron. is not credible, they've been told all news sources are lies and truth reside solely in the words of trump, limbaugh, hannity and Alt. Right agent provocateurs."

Thousand of protesters, and 21 were photographed using violence, that along with video that night provided evidence that the protest was mostly peaceful, and only a few were violent. That was true in the OWS protests and many other protests broadcast and the ones I personally observed as a student at CAL and SFSU.

And after every such event people like you claim such protests are violent in nature, and ORDER must be restored; notwithstanding the right of the people to exercise their 1st A. right.

Deny you're not a neo fascist! Why not admit what you are, or do you lie to yourself too?

Do you condemn the actions of the mob that shutdown Milo's appearance at UC Berkeley? Yes or No? Do you believe that the mob is NOT affiliated with Liberals in any way or NOT funded by powerful Liberals? Yes or No? Let's see if you are capable of responding with two simple clear responses either Yes or No.

they were absolutely not police or "Alt. Right agent provocateurs."

And yet, in the aftermath of the demonstrations at Berkeley, the political back flips performed by the moderate left have made it clear what matters, (and, spoiler alert, it isn’t the systemic violence done to our marginalized communities). Suddenly my white liberal friends are demanding I defend the militant tactics that forced the police to shut down the modern equivalent of a Nazi rally. Suddenly the value of “free speech” is being turned on its head and used against marginalized people in defense of White Supremacists. Suddenly my former professor, Robert Reich, is publicizing his own conspiracy theory, which accused people in masks of working FOR the alt-right..
Berkeley Behind the Bandana - IT'S GOING DOWN

they are very proud of what they did and want to do it again, except bigger and better. there will be major protests and nationwide strikes on May day (May 1st) and of course a few more riots.

It's going to be a long four years buckle in

What is the argument here ?

That the vandals were not leftists ?

That only a few committed violence ?

Where is the evidence the violent ones were "right wing"? This is standard operating procedure for leftists. ALWAYS blame your enemy for your actions.

And yet, in the aftermath of the demonstrations at Berkeley, the political back flips performed by the moderate left have made it clear what matters, (and, spoiler alert, it isn’t the systemic violence done to our marginalized communities). Suddenly my white liberal friends are demanding I defend the militant tactics that forced the police to shut down the modern equivalent of a Nazi rally. Suddenly the value of “free speech” is being turned on its head and used against marginalized people in defense of White Supremacists. Suddenly my former professor, Robert Reich, is publicizing his own conspiracy theory, which accused people in masks of working FOR the alt-right..

they are very proud of what they did and want to do it again, except bigger and better. there will be major protests and nationwide strikes on May day (May 1st) and of course a few more riots.

Well, tough s**t.

We live in a media age where the left has done all it can to flame nothing into fires.

Suck on it.

Buckle in? Hell no, I'm watching with pleasure. It's a wet dream come true.

SF Chron. Sat. Feb. 18:

So the folks who were protesting milo were conservatives? and yes the "chron." is very much [100%] a left wing mouthpiece...but all that aside, even if that story were accurate [in fairness to you I did not click on your link] those actions were defended by the left everywhere including here while being ridiculed by the right...i.e. when those actions occured under the belief that they were radical left wingers both sides reacted to them, with the right condemning them and the left justifying them...does the article make that point?

There is no argument, the facts speak for themselves.
  • The protest was a response to an extremist who uses the first amendment to yell fire in a crowd;
  • (I hope that 's not too abstract for some of you to comprehend).
  • The vandals for want of a label are anarchists, criminals on the far, far left, aka the idiot fringe;
  • A counter argument to the lies and distortions of those on the far far right, aka, the idiot fringe who echo each other ad nausea.
  • Most protests are non violent, it is analogous to noting that many people shop in retail stores, but a few go to retail stores to steal. It's really not too difficult a concept to comprehend.

• The protest was a response to an extremist who uses the first amendment to yell fire in a crowd;
  • The vandals for want of a label are anarchists, criminals on the far, far left, aka the idiot fringe;
  • A counter argument to the lies and distortions of those on the far far right, aka, the idiot fringe who echo each other ad nausea.
  • Most protests are non violent, it is analogous to noting that many people shop in retail stores, but a few go to retail stores to steal. It's really not too difficult a concept to comprehend.

Just wanting to get clear on your point.

So, a few nutjbobs get the whole crew a bad name.

And you somehow think that is unique ?

You'd better catch up.

t, the facts speak for themselves.
Hurting snowflake feelings isn't yelling fire in a crowded theater. More violent protesters always show up at protests DUH. When would they show up? The fact that a protest is going on is the time to strike, not off hours when everyone is in bed. Protesters want the attention, that's why there are there.

If you are organizing an event to protest disagreeable speech you are going to attract those types. It's a cop out to pretend there's no correlation.

Left out is the above rant is reports that those "peaceful" protesters surrounding the beating of man yelling "beat his ass"

You're a helluva story teller, I'll give you that. But tell your stories elsewhere, here we pride ourselves in being able to root out the truth.

Left out is the above rant is reports that those "peaceful" protesters surrounding the beating of man yelling "beat his ass"

You're a helluva story teller, I'll give you that. But tell your stories elsewhere, here we pride ourselves in being able to root out the truth.

And of course, the left never posts pictures of the whackjobs that have stupid posters at rallys and then basically say ....these are all conservatives.

Most protests are non violent, it is analogous to noting that many people shop in retail stores, but a few go to retail stores to steal. It's really not too difficult a concept to comprehend.
No it would be analogous if you went to that store with a group of people some of who were masked and shoplifting and then just stand there with them while they committed the act...you would then be a party to that act...but I have my own ideas about what happened there, none of which has been commented on anywhere that I know of.

SF Chron. Sat. Feb. 18:

So the folks who were protesting milo were conservatives? and yes the "chron." is very much [100%] a left wing mouthpiece...but all that aside, even if that story were accurate [in fairness to you I did not click on your link] those actions were defended by the left everywhere including here while being ridiculed by the right...i.e. when those actions occured under the belief that they were radical left wingers both sides reacted to them, with the right condemning them and the left justifying them...does the article make that point?

Of course not. Nor do you.

The violent activity was not condoned by "the left everywhere" and not by me or anyone's post I read on this message board. Nor did I claim the bad actors were conservatives, they strike me as biddable members of a disaffected population seeking some meaning to a fruitless life, which also includes a number of criminals seeking chaos to cover their goal of thievery with a total disregard for the property of others.

Both elements are easily led by agent provocateurs - on both the extreme left and extreme right - which one is open to discussion on every event; evidence suggests they have a place in most protests which receive media coverage.

Both extremes are instigators of violence which always gets the press coverage they seek; that seems to me to be their agenda, one which eschews debate and embraces iconoclasm.

SF Chron. Sat. Feb. 18:

Of course not. Nor do you.

The violent activity was not condoned by "the left everywhere" and not by me or anyone's post I read on this message board. Nor did I claim the bad actors were conservatives, they strike me as biddable members of a disaffected population seeking some meaning to a fruitless life, which also includes a number of criminals seeking chaos to cover their goal of thievery with a total disregard for the property of others.

Both elements are easily led by agent provocateurs - on both the extreme left and extreme right - which one is open to discussion on every event; evidence suggests they have a place in most protests which receive media coverage.

Both extremes are instigators of violence which always gets the press coverage they seek; that seems to me to be their agenda, one which eschews debate and embraces iconoclasm.
Well, I don't agree with some of that, but OK...I want to ask you something, do you think this could be partly theater from Milo's?

Still waiting for your two one word responses Yes/No to my two simple questions. You won't do it and will instead stick to your Liberal training of deflect, deny, obfuscate and attack.

You should spend some time watching milo's Dangerous Faggot Tour on youtube.

The reaction from the left, from the campus administrators, to the protestors, is always to stop his ability to speak.

The protesters did not have something to say, they wanted to stop Milo from speaking.

If you are serious about your feelings on this, then you have allied yourself with people that you violently disagree with.

Forum List

Back