CDZ Pros and Cons of Getting a CCW Permit

Ok so you are taking a poll, or a survey. I see. For me the benefits are not having to wait to buy a gun, protection for me, a chance for me to protect others, and the fact that it makes liberals cry.
i am a liberal and CCWs dont make me cry. They make me wonder if you actually have job that requires a CCW or are you afraid of other humans for some unknown reason. Typically I find that if they dont fall into the first two categories they are usually people that were born after the wild west had gone away.

Ah, so you aren't really interested in hearing our opinions except to turn them into a chance to attack.

I'll leave you to your self-serving bogus thread then.
Of course I am interested in hearing your opinions on what you think the benefits and the cons are. Thats why I asked. What I am not particularly interested in are the little snide references to liberals.

You asked me for my reasons. The fact that it makes liberals cry is one of my reasons.
Thats not a valid reason for a lot of reasons. The main one being that lots of liberals have guns and CCW's. Considering this leads me to believe your brain is hallucinating and i cant take your reasoning seriously..

And see there you go. You ask me why I carry and then you tell me I'm wrong. That's the real reason for this thread. I'll leave you to your self serving waste of time.

i am a liberal and CCWs dont make me cry. They make me wonder if you actually have job that requires a CCW or are you afraid of other humans for some unknown reason. Typically I find that if they dont fall into the first two categories they are usually people that were born after the wild west had gone away.

Ah, so you aren't really interested in hearing our opinions except to turn them into a chance to attack.

I'll leave you to your self-serving bogus thread then.
Of course I am interested in hearing your opinions on what you think the benefits and the cons are. Thats why I asked. What I am not particularly interested in are the little snide references to liberals.

You asked me for my reasons. The fact that it makes liberals cry is one of my reasons.
Thats not a valid reason for a lot of reasons. The main one being that lots of liberals have guns and CCW's. Considering this leads me to believe your brain is hallucinating and i cant take your reasoning seriously..

And see there you go. You ask me why I carry and then you tell me I'm wrong. That's the real reason for this thread. I'll leave you to your self serving waste of time.
I didnt say you were wrong. I said that wasnt a valid reason IMO.

I tried it, I did not like it and as a result I do not do it. Pretty simple, huh? You want to conceal carry, knock yourself out but be prepared to take the rap when something goes astray. The decision is your own at that point. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Cali is really bad on guns.

Do you have "Good Cause" to carry?

Wow, I had no idea how bad on guns Cali was:

Yes. Its pretty bad. We cant even buy ARs anymore. Limited to 10 round magazines etc etc. I'm assuming I don't have "good cause". I will find out after the holidays.

I wish you wouldn't. When you said you were most concerned about protecting yourself from White Nationalists, it gave me a bad feeling. Black men with a gun get shot, regardless of who's in the right. Haven't you been watching the news for the past two years? You got kiddos to raise. Why raise your chances of getting killed?

Yes. Its pretty bad. We cant even buy ARs anymore. Limited to 10 round magazines etc etc. I'm assuming I don't have "good cause". I will find out after the holidays.

I wish you wouldn't. When you said you were most concerned about protecting yourself from White Nationalists, it gave me a bad feeling. Black men with a gun get shot, regardless of who's in the right. Haven't you been watching the news for the past two years? You got kiddos to raise. Why raise your chances of getting killed?

I didnt say i was most concerned about the white nationalists. I said I considered living near them more dangerous than growing up in the hood. That would be the last reason I would carry a gun. I have a temper so that would more of a reason for me not to carry. I have to agree with you on Black men with a gun tend to get killed by the cops. I am just working this out in my head looking for pros and cons. Thats a serious con you just pointed out.

Just curious...what are you looking at to get your CCW...here in Illinois it is 16 hours of training, finger printing, and about 150 dollars ......not including the cost for the classes......plus the photo I.D......
I cant get much consistent information so I have a call into my attorney to find out exactly. However it looks like between $350 and $700.

That is just wrong.....too much money to exercise a Right.....

I was at the range yesterday and one of the guys asked if I had my CCW. I told him that I had no reason to get one that i could think of. He looked like I had just told him that it wasnt necessary for me to eat for the rest of my life. I looked into the CCW today and found that its hell just getting one where I live. I was wondering what benefits will I gain by having one vs the cost of having one? Is it really worth it?

It depends on where you live. If it's very hard to get, like say, in New York, and you live in a decent neighborhood then you might correctly determine that it isn't worth the effort.

Here in Florida, it isn't too much of a hassle as long as you can pass a background check so even though I live in a good neighborhood, it's worth it just to not have to endure the waiting period when I buy a gun.

I grew up in the ghetto and never carried one so it doesnt matter to me where I live. Where I live now is most likely more dangerous as i live closer to known areas of white nationalists. I'm looking for some benefits that outweigh the costs. Here you have to go through a background every time you buy a gun.

Yeah.......let's compare the rate of blacks being killed by white nationalists vs. the rate they are killed by young black men......the facts and reality say your post is innaccurate....

No....people who don't comply with police orders and then fight the police get shot......

I have a temper so that would more of a reason for me not to carry.

Agreed. Huge warning flag. I hauled that curse around until '99. Hope you can get that settled. Until that beast is tamed, best not to have a firearm handy. It's healthy that you are acknowledging your temper and wise in counting it as a strike against carrying.

I was at the range yesterday and one of the guys asked if I had my CCW. I told him that I had no reason to get one that i could think of. He looked like I had just told him that it wasnt necessary for me to eat for the rest of my life. I looked into the CCW today and found that its hell just getting one where I live. I was wondering what benefits will I gain by having one vs the cost of having one? Is it really worth it?

It depends on where you live. If it's very hard to get, like say, in New York, and you live in a decent neighborhood then you might correctly determine that it isn't worth the effort.

Here in Florida, it isn't too much of a hassle as long as you can pass a background check so even though I live in a good neighborhood, it's worth it just to not have to endure the waiting period when I buy a gun.

I grew up in the ghetto and never carried one so it doesnt matter to me where I live. Where I live now is most likely more dangerous as i live closer to known areas of white nationalists. I'm looking for some benefits that outweigh the costs. Here you have to go through a background every time you buy a gun.

Yeah.......let's compare the rate of blacks being killed by white nationalists vs. the rate they are killed by young black men......the facts and reality say your post is innaccurate....
I dont have to compare rates. I lived in the ghetto and never had to use a gun. Its not people in the ghetto I would foresee as a potential problem. its the white nationalists that live around me. One of my neighbors (who happens to be Mexican and a cop) team up with me to keep an eye on our neighborhood. His biggest concern is any white nationalists emboldened by Drumpf. None of that is a rationale enough for me to carry IMO. I am looking for a substantial reason other than "just cuz".

Just curious...what are you looking at to get your CCW...here in Illinois it is 16 hours of training, finger printing, and about 150 dollars ......not including the cost for the classes......plus the photo I.D......
I cant get much consistent information so I have a call into my attorney to find out exactly. However it looks like between $350 and $700.

That is just wrong.....too much money to exercise a Right.....
There is an organization in CA that is working through the legal system to fight this. I am going to start keeping a closer eye on issues pertaining to guns in CA.

I dont have to compare rates. I lived in the ghetto and never had to use a gun. Its not people in the ghetto I would foresee as a potential problem. its the white nationalists that live around me. One of my neighbors (who happens to be Mexican and a cop) team up with me to keep an eye on our neighborhood. His biggest concern is any white nationalists emboldened by Drumpf. None of that is a rationale enough for me to carry IMO. I am looking for a substantial reason other than "just cuz".

If you think white nationalists are the problem....you really have no idea what you are talking about. Reality doesn't agree with you no matter how the left wing hypes the lie about Trump....

If you think white nationalists are the problem....you really have no idea what you are talking about. Reality doesn't agree with you no matter how the left wing hypes the lie about Trump....
If youre not Black then you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. However, you are entitled to be wrong. Since this is really not about what I think is more of a danger to myself then I will allow you to believe as you do with no further protest.

If youre not Black then you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. However, you are entitled to be wrong. Since this is really not about what I think is more of a danger to myself then I will allow you to believe as you do with no further protest.
If I were Negro (which I am not) I would wear a coat and tie everywhere and keep a short haircut not dreadlocks nor an afro.

No choice.

If you are black you cannot risk looking black. You need to look Uncle Tom.

Seriously. Trust me on this.

Negroes are least likely to be attacked and/or killed by whites.

Negroes are most likely to be killed by other Negroes.

10 rounds is plenty.

Although 30 is much better !!

I tried it, I did not like it and as a result I do not do it. Pretty simple, huh? You want to conceal carry, knock yourself out but be prepared to take the rap when something goes astray. The decision is your own at that point. Good luck with whatever you decide.
So you do not then fall into the category of a coward -- obviously -- since you used to carry concealed.

But you do fall into the category of a fool since now you are at the mercy of street thugs, robbers, and terrorists.

Forum List

Back