Proposed Iranian Law on Marrying One's Adopted Child......

I'd say he's more of a director than an actor, and the fact he's Jewish is irrelevant, but I would argue that yes, that is a very similar case. And there are many cases of Americans getting married to questionable people, whether family members or otherwise.
Since he is a jew no one will say anything for fear they will be called anti-semitic.

It's the juden stay out of jail card. .. :cool:

Are you kidding? He was VILIFIED in the media when it happened! His acting career took a HUGE hit!

Get a clue!

Yes, it's always a nuisance when people ruin biased, one-sided threads with "facts".

An important part of intellectual discussion is self-reflection. Meaning, analyzing our own culture in comparison to the culture of others. That's all we were attempting to do.

Though frankly I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic, as you seem to promote "peace, love and understanding", and thus would be unlikely to promote anti-Muslim behavior. So, I apologize if you were not being serious. Either way, I think bringing up Americans as an example is a valid argument.

It wasn't just Americans, more several people from and in a variety of non Muslim countries in order to demonstrate "honour killing" is a world wide problem, not just a Muslim thing as many idiots want us to believe.
Of course, some Muslims do this and there's no argument to that, but targeting one group isn't going to do any good as far as stopping this violence against women is concerned.

Oh poor Muslims, you get called out for raping and killing your daughters in the name of your demonic cult, how bad of us!

Again, radical Islam is NOT the problem, Islam itself is the problem!

I'd say he's more of a director than an actor, and the fact he's Jewish is irrelevant, but I would argue that yes, that is a very similar case. And there are many cases of Americans getting married to questionable people, whether family members or otherwise.
Since he is a jew no one will say anything for fear they will be called anti-semitic.

Are you kidding? He was VILIFIED in the media when it happened! His acting career took a HUGE hit!

Get a clue!
And yet he has a new movie coming out called "Magic in the Moonlight".

Like I said, jews in America can get away with most anything.......... :doubt:

since he is a jew no one will say anything for fear they will be called anti-semitic.

are you kidding? He was vilified in the media when it happened! His acting career took a huge hit!

Get a clue!
and yet he has a new movie coming out called "magic in the moonlight".

Like i said, jews in america can get away with most anything.......... :doubt:

right, sunni habibi-----it is the will of allah!!!!!!!!

"Parliamentarians in Iran have passed a bill to protect the rights of children which includes a clause that allows a man to marry his adopted daughter and while she is as young as 13 years.

Activists have expressed alarm that the bill, approved by parliament on Sunday, opens the door for the caretaker of a family to marry his or her adopted child if a court rules it is in the interests of the individual child.

Iran's Guardian Council, a body of clerics and jurists which vets all parliamentary bills before the constitution and the Islamic law, has yet to issue its verdict on the controversial legislation......"

Now this bill hasn't been 'ratified' by the clerics yet - but the fact that there was enough support for it to pass to begin with suggests it has a degree of support.

Actually, the most upsetting sentence in the entire article, IMO, was this one: "Execution of juvenile offenders in Iran has also been in spotlight in recent years amid confusion between the age of majority – when minors cease to be legally considered children – and the minimum age of criminal responsibility, which is 15 for boys and nine for girls under Iranian law.

It's called the Woody Allen law.

Forum List

Back