Proposed Iranian Law on Marrying One's Adopted Child......

As the OP, I can tell you I didn't start this thread for any 'anti-Muslim' purpose. This is essentially a move by some in Iran to legalize child abuse on several levels - and it has NOTHING to do with religion.

Sunni wants to act like he's got pigshit for brains, and Fred has done his best to abet the asinine vulgarity and filth, supporting the baiting efforts.

I'm sad that neither of you is willing or able to take the topic seriously. I honestly DID expect responsible adults of whatever faith to read the article and examine the concerns voiced by the children's advocates.

Apparently neither one of you is actually a responsible adult - regardless of your boasting that you submit to GOD's Will. I do not believe it is His will that children should be so completely at the mercy of adoptive parents......

Frankly, you do not seem to be a responsible adult either, as you have also resorted to name-calling in your arguments towards Sunni or Fred. I would suggest we all just relax and have an intellectual conversation about an important issue, not act like children in the schoolyard.

Well, Sambino - that was my intent and what I kept trying to do.

I suppose that you and I could have that conversation, as long as you're not going to insist I'm a liar and a bigot for trying to repeat the alarm which child advocates in Iran have already sounded : )) If you can refrain from using the kind of patently offensive language that Sunni perennially does, that would make adult discussion easier.

I suppose that you and I could have that conversation, as long as you're not going to insist I'm a liar and a bigot for trying to repeat the alarm which child advocates in Iran have already sounded : )) If you can refrain from using the kind of patently offensive language that Sunni perennially does, that would make adult discussion easier.
LOL......... so now you want to take the high road?? . :cool:

Here is what you just said on post #19

"Incidentally, oh eater of pigshit - why did you speak in the plural? Your lice's opinions don't count here....."

You juden are a laugh a minute. .. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Didn't the juden actor Woody Allen do basically the same thing when he married his adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn?? .. :cool:

3235375a4fmanzie.jpg

First of all Woody Allen is as Jewish as Karl Marx. Secondly, you bring up a single person who married an adopted daughter when the discussion is about legalizing this horrible practice.
As a Muslim, you must know what "sigha" means, right Sunni Man? The law that you can "marry" a girl for as little as 15 minutes. This is not called what it is, prostitution, but is referred to as marriage. The johns and pedophiles are like kids in candy store, and marry underage girls (and young/widowed women)any time they get a hard on.
By the way, aren't you supposed to be in Mecca, buying an animal for the upcoming blood orgy?

for the record----that little girl that woody allen married is NOT his adopted daughter---
it is the adopted daughter of MIA FARROW Woody and Mia were having an affair--
kinda living together I am not sure but I do not think they were married. ----
so woody met -----the little girl thru his lover Mia Farrow ----------I found the whole thing
sleazy------but it is not woody's adopted daughter. If it were woodys adopted daughter----
I think it would be illegal in the USA for him to marry her

LOL......... so now you want to take the high road?? . :cool:

Here is what you just said on post #19

"Incidentally, oh eater of pigshit - why did you speak in the plural? Your lice's opinions don't count here....."

You juden are a laugh a minute. .. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:
But, Sunni, it is you Muslim converts who are a laugh a minute because you are so obvious. I wonder if the mosque that Sunni Man now attends has told its members that on the Internet refer to the Jews as Juden, just like the Nazis did. It is no wonder that many of the old Nazis fled to the Middle East because they felt comfortable there. Probably those old Nazis, when speaking to the Arabs, kept on throwing out a Juden here and a Juden there in their conversations about how they wished they could have finished the job of exterminating all the Jews, even though Sunni Man himself insists in many of his posts on another forum that there was no Holocaust and it is all a hoax.

I don't see any reason to be polite to Nazis, Holocaust deniers - or those who support them.

But, Sunni, it is you Muslim converts who are a laugh a minute because you are so obvious. .

Generalisations are generally a load of old crap.
I'm also a Muslim convert but I have no issue with the truth of the Nazi holocaust.
Millions (no one knows exactly how many) were murdered by the Nazis in camps.

Now, given I have agreed without reservation, the truth of those terrible events, how do you justify talking about Muslim converts as thinking with one mind?

Fred, I know you are no Holocaust denier - which is why I found your support for Sunni's trolling revolting.

I thought you knew me well enough by now to realize I wasn't intending to attack 'Islam'. The mullahs of Iran may *claim* to be 'religious', but they are nasty old men who are actively promoting evil against women of every age - and that is as wrong as wrong can be.

I don't see any reason to be polite to Nazis, Holocaust deniers - or those who support them.

Well, as adults I think we all have a responsibility to avoid fighting fire with fire. That is, if you respond to personal attacks with more personal attacks, you sink down to their level and become part of the problem. It also tends to downgrade how seriously people take your arguments, which would be unfortunate because I feel that even though I may disagree with your views, you still have intelligent things to say.

But, Sunni, it is you Muslim converts who are a laugh a minute because you are so obvious. .

I'm also a Muslim convert but I have no issue with the truth of the Nazi holocaust.

Now, given I have agreed without reservation, the truth of those terrible events, how do you justify talking about Muslim converts as thinking with one mind?

No large group of people "thinks with one mind" ----But if you are attempting
to claim that there is no fairly STANDARD ISLAMIC TEACHING---repeated
incessantly in mosques to lots and lots of highly receptive people----then you are
lying HOLOCAUST DENIAL is standard islamic partyline------that comes up with some
regularity in the weekly Khutbah Jumaat feces fling----. As an INDONESIAN----how do you think 100 Indonesian muslim 14 year old ----bright kids would respond to
"do the jews lie about that happened to them in Germany during world war II" ??

ALL OF SCIENCE DEPENDS ON STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT ***GENERALIZATIONS***

how do you imagine the "NORMAL" HEMATOCRIT was determined ??
(it is not found in the koran)

I have attend the Friday services of many different mosques throughout the years.

And not once has the Holocaust been the subject of a lecture at the mosque. .. :cool:

I have attended friday services at mosques too. -----try to stay awake----for a better
understanding of the filth you learn-----ask bright adolescents what they BELIEVE.
Adolescent kids are excellent parrots and more attentive to the details of "BELIEF"

You may be surprised as to how CREDULOUS children are

I have attend the Friday services of many different mosques throughout the years.

And not once has the Holocaust been the subject of a lecture at the mosque. .. :cool:

I have attended friday services at mosques too. -----try to stay awake----for a better
understanding of the filth you learn-----ask bright adolescents what they BELIEVE.
Adolescent kids are excellent parrots and more attentive to the details of "BELIEF"

Regardless of whether or not such things are taught in the mosque, its unhealthy to assume such is true in MOST cases. There is nothing special about Islam that makes it some horribly evil religion, no more than any other religion. Christianity and Judaism have been used for evil throughout history as well. They're a vessel that the right person can use to further their political agenda, that's all. Many Christian churches throughout America teach you to hate homosexuals, or hate yourself if you are homosexual. Certain churches even practice polygomy. Many Ultra Orthodox Jews in Israel wouldn't even want women at certain public spaces. I just don't like us to single out Islam like it's the ONLY problematic religion in the world, or that the Qur'an is some book of pure evil.

Regardless of whether or not such things are taught in the mosque, its unhealthy to assume such is true in MOST cases. There is nothing special about Islam that makes it some horribly evil religion, no more than any other religion. Christianity and Judaism have been used for evil throughout history as well. They're a vessel that the right person can use to further their political agenda, that's all. Many Christian churches throughout America teach you to hate homosexuals, or hate yourself if you are homosexual. Certain churches even practice polygomy. Many Ultra Orthodox Jews in Israel wouldn't even want women at certain public spaces. I just don't like us to single out Islam like it's the ONLY problematic religion in the world, or that the Qur'an is some book of pure evil.

Thats nice that you do not like to single out islam as the only problematic
religion-----your comment suggests that I DID. I did not----I pointed out that
the standard islamic partyline regarding Israel is "DESTROY HER" .....and also ---
muslim children are taught to believe very negative things about jews.
My sense is that you know nothing about it. I have interacted with muslims in the
USA for more than the past 50 years and my husband was born in a shariah adherent
society.

There are all kinds of social situations in the world about which I know
nothing------I generally do not comment as if I do. Sometimes I ask people
who DO KNOW given the opportunity.

For the record----muslim children are also taught to believe some very
startling things about christianity----in the mosques

Muslims I have known from south-east asia clearly grew up hating
hindus

Pakistanis I have known----clearly hated shiites

Iranians gag at the word "arab"

In all societies there are a whole bunch of COMMONLY HELD BELIEFS ----denying
that fact is -----dumb

Thats nice that you do not like to single out islam as the only problematic
religion-----your comment suggests that I DID. I did not----I pointed out that
the standard islamic partyline regarding Israel is "DESTROY HER" .....and also ---
muslim children are taught to believe very negative things about jews.
My sense is that you know nothing about it. I have interacted with muslims in the
USA for more than the past 50 years and my husband was born in a shariah adherent
society.

There are all kinds of social situations in the world about which I know
nothing------I generally do not comment as if I do. Sometimes I ask people
who DO KNOW given the opportunity.

For the record----muslim children are also taught to believe some very
startling things about christianity----in the mosques

Muslims I have known from south-east asia clearly grew up hating
hindus

Pakistanis I have known----clearly hated shiites

Iranians gag at the word "arab"

In all societies there are a whole bunch of COMMONLY HELD BELIEFS ----denying
that fact is -----dumb

I apologize if I mis-represented your beliefs, that was not my intention. My intention also was not to make a comment in a way that made it seem like I felt I knew everything..far from it. I am certainly no expert in the subject, but I am aware of the things you have stated, and agree with all of them. There just seems to be a fixation by some people on Islam, or Middle Eastern culture, as a particularly hateful one, and all I'm saying is there are the same problems in Europe or North America or South America or Africa or Asia as well. I'm sure you agree with this.

Why, Freddie, how come you have never spoken up when Sunni Man on so many occasions called the Holocaust a hoax. You were very, very silent, the same way you are silent when he throws out Juden all the time, just like the Nazis did. And you seem to have no problem always calling the Israelis bastards even though I don't think anyone has ever seen you call any Muslims bastards even though they are suicide bombing and car bombing and slitting throats. You might disagree with what they are doing, but the word "bastards" seems to be reserved by you for the Israelis. Are the Muslims given a pass, and only the Israelis are bastards in your opinion. Oh, by the way, even though the Nazis kept excellent records of those who died in the camps, there are loads of bodies still being found in graves. Plus I don't think you have ever heard of the Einsatzgruppen with their mobile gassing killing units. Who even knows how many were killed this way in addition to the gas chambers at the camps.

The big difference here, Sambino, is that regardless of how the church feels about homosexuals, you don't see the members of the church go out to find homosexuals to put at the end of a noose. Plus you don't find Christians in the 21st century murdering people because they are non Christians or Christians who belong to a different denomination than they are (like what you see between the Sunnis and the Shiites). In addition, regardless of how some Orthodox Jews feel about keeping women away from some public places, they are not cutting off their fingers if they say they want an education or some other horrible thing which happens to Muslim women. I don't think any person who is non Muslim would want to see 850 million Hindus eradicated like a Muslim woman poster living here in the U.S. now stated because she wants to see Islam rule India. And she even believes in this day and age that people can be turned into animals. No one is saying that all Muslims are bad, but when we look around and see what is happening in Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia and see how many Muslims are involved, no civilized person is going to think that these people are angels. You can think whatever you want to, but on the other hand, we can also have our own opinions too. By the way, I believe polygamy is illegal in the U.S. and you would rarely see this practiced now in the U.S. by some Mormon group. However, it sure must be nice to have legalized prostitution in the Muslim world where you can take a temporary wife. This Muta thing sounds like a good deal when a Muslim man is bored with his four wives. I think you should look into what is taught in the madrassas in places such as Pakistan and then tell us if in Christian and Jewish religious schools in the civilized world things are taught on the same order.

It is reasonable to believe that dogmatic beliefs are taught in MOST mosques---
after hearing the same stuff repeated by scores of muslims over many decades and
reading it in their literature. It is reasonable to believe that a PREVALENT
christian teaching is "JESUS DIED FOR THE SINS OF MANKIND"?? I have
attended churches during my life-time too-----and have spoken to lots of christians ---
did I "OVER-GENERALIZE"???? As to your comparison----fact is that you probably
have met some jews but never met one who demand that women and men be
segregated in buses. You chose a really bad example-----since those people are
a tiny minority I met lots of muslims-----if all of them expressed the SAME
belief------chances are it is a belief taught thruout the islamic world If you ever
meet a muslim------ask him "HOW MANY VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE EXIST"-----has the
bible been changed many times over the past three or two thousand years
A very very prevalent teaching is that the bible is altered regularly -----in order to
more effectively DISPUTE ISLAM--------believe it or not-------ask a bright mosque
going adolescent I never heard the word "koran" in either a church or a
synagogue. If you wish to deny the FACT that "other religions" are trashed
in mosques----you are living in a state of DENIAL. If you wish to say---that
sometimes -----maybe -----a specific religion is trashed in a church----go
right ahead-----I believe that such aberrations do 'happen' ----but it is not
prevalent

This is a bit off topic, I admit, but at least Iran "proposes" or "votes" on laws. At least they are, technically speaking, a democracy, despite whatever influence Ayatollah Khamenei has. Other U.S. allies, such as Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and others, are still ruled by nepotistic royal families. Egypt would also be on this list of monarchic/dictatorial U.S. allies if not for the Arab Spring, which we went along with to save face. Yet, we never bring up their backwards ways in the discussion of Islamic culture, because we don't want to rock the boat and ruin our military and trade deals with them. I'll be the first to say that Iran has many strange or immoral practices, but the double standard has to stop some day.

Also, as we (most of us who I assume are American) analyze these other countries, we must remember that there is no strict "right" way of doing things. That is, just because the Western world doesn't allow men to marry their adopted daughters, that doesn't mean other countries around the world don't behave in such a way. Not only that, but who are we to say that our way is morally superior? That's the definition of ethnocentrism.

Iranian 'democracy' is an illusion: only candidates approved by the theocracy are allowed to stand for election to public office. Don't be fooled by the propaganda.

Forum List

Back