President Obama wants to tell you something , will you listen?

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Whining?

we took your scorn non stop.

We turned out to be right about just how stupid the policies were and now you thnink we should listen to you?

No worries I will always listen to you guys. I may not pretend to think your ideas will work any better than they have in the past though.

For some strange reason you guys like being wrong all the time, for the life of me I cant figure out why though. Your a part of the American family though and we will listen and try real hard to teach you to love the truth. Maybe someday it will actually work.

which stupid policies were those?
increased government spending and tax cuts?
and you're going to fix it with increased govt spending and tax cuts?

excellent plan, brainiac.
:rofl:

Not even remotely close, but nice try. Just because I don't drink the Kool-Aid and buy into every word that comes from Obama's mouth does not mean I'm against Democrats.

In the current environment it means you are a hater.

Actually if you are for the stimulus you are PATRIOTIC. I assume if not....
And according to Joe Biden, paying taxes is patriotic.
So why did Mr Obama appoint un-patriotic people like Tom Daschle and Timothy Geithner to positions of high power?

I watched the video, and it's nothing new.

"Economists agree we must act boldly."

Austrian-economists say government needs to get out of the way and let the market correct itself. And there's a petition by many different economists that do not agree with Obama's "stimulus" plan.

He once again fails to recognize that government cannot create jobs, because the money government takes out of the private sector hampers the ability of the market to create the jobs that the people actually want or need.

Infrastructure spending would be nice, but we can't afford it. The American people need to save, and the federal government needs to cut spending.

A website to track where our tax dollars are going, interesting. I'd like to use that site to track my tax dollars going back into my pocket, and not wasted by the federal government.

This video is more gloom-and-doom by Obama to get people to support his spending package. A recession will occur, and it will be bad. The question is, should we let it happen now or should we continue to let the federal government make it worse than it would otherwise be?

I get the feeling they are selling a depression.

I don't know what to say, every job that is created by this plan will cost 170,000, or in that range.Our economy is so complex I don't think anyone full understands it.

I don't know what to say, every job that is created by this plan will cost 170,000, or in that range.Our economy is so complex I don't think anyone full understands it.

I agree. While there have been nods to that truth, still both parties want to do this stimulus. Why? I'm unsure about the Republicans, probably just want to suck pork or 'bring home bacon'. The Dems seem to have a more visionary reason, thanks Emanuel, "Never waste a crisis..." They see potential. If they lead us into a depression, well who better to 'save us'? Worked for FDR.

I agree. While there have been nods to that truth, still both parties want to do this stimulus. Why? I'm unsure about the Republicans, probably just want to suck pork or 'bring home bacon'. The Dems seem to have a more visionary reason, thanks Emanuel, "Never waste a crisis..." They see potential. If they lead us into a depression, well who better to 'save us'? Worked for FDR.

If this turns out to be a depression ( some experts already say it is) it will have been created before Obama took office.

Trying to pin this mess on Obama is completely dishonest.

If this turns out to be a depression ( some experts already say it is) it will have been created before Obama took office.

Trying to pin this mess on Obama is completely dishonest.

Nope, Obama will OWN a depression, he might skate a recession.

donchya get tired of throwing that "he inherited" bullshit around?,, he actively campaigned for the position telling us he was soooooooo capable of turning things around,, then he wimped off to the Democratic retreat and started whining about "inheriting this mess" I roflmao..

freak!

So Bush inherited a recession that was not declaired until after his term was well into play BUT Obama gets no such caveot?

I agree that when Bush came to office the recession had already begun But needed a couple of more months to have the criteria found to be delcared a recession. The same is true here of this depression.

It was very obviously underway well before Obama was even elected.

The partisans wont even listen and then they think somehow we sould listen to them?

Maybe the people won the majority should just fix things and ignore the people who got us into this.

Talk is cheap, how about you facing the facts so far.....

So FAR....Obama Administration...

1. Rangel, Other Reps, Party in Caribbean With Citi Funds
Friday, January 30, 2009 12:04 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/r...30/176811.html
“Citigroup CHARLIE RANGEL should have also been aware that corporate sponsorship of such an event was banned by House rules adopted on March 1, 2007, in response to the [lobbyist Jack] Abramoff scandal and the infamous golf trip to Scotland.”

2. Tax evasion... Rangel investigated for tax fraud and tax evasion

3. Tax evasion... Former Sen. Tom Daschle, picked by President Barack Obama to lead his health reform efforts, recently filed amended tax returns to report $128,203 in unpaid taxes and $11,964 in interest, according to a Senate document obtained by The Associated Press.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090131/.../daschle_taxes

4. Tax evasion....Timothy F. Geithner... At the Senate confirmation hearings, it was revealed through documentary evidence that Geithner had not paid $35,000 self-employment taxes for several years,[25] even though he had acknowledged his obligation to do so, and had filed a request for, and received, a payment for half the taxes owed. Still gets confirmed as Sec. of Treasury...

5. Sen. Dodd (D) caught in a sweetheart mortgage deal...........HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd says he'll refinance two mortgages that he received through a VIP program from Countrywide Financial Corp.
Dodd told reporters Monday that the mortgages for his homes in Washington and East Haddam, Conn., will be refinanced with a different company.
Dodd has acknowledged receiving mortgages in 2003 through a VIP program at Countrywide, which was sold to Bank of America Corp. earlier this year and has been the focus of allegations that it gave favorable loan terms to lawmakers. Dodd says he's moving the loans in part because he was wrongfully labeled a friend of Countrywide's former CEO, Angelo Mozilo. Dodd says he never sought special treatment.
Countrywide program that awarded special treatment to so-called friends of company CEO Angelo Mozilo.
Sen. Dodd says he'll refinance Countrywide loans

6. Tax evasion.....Nancy Killefer withdrew her candidacy to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government on Tuesday, saying she didn't want her bungling of payroll taxes on her household help to become a distraction for the Obama administration. Killefer was the second major nominee to withdraw. Within hours, former Sen. Tom Daschle also withdrew his nomination to be secretary of health and human services.
In a brief letter to President Barack Obama, Killefer, the 55-year-old executive with consulting giant McKinsey & Co., wrote that she had "come to realize in the current environment that my personal tax issue of D.C. unemployment tax could be used to create exactly the kind of distraction and delay" that must be avoided in responding to urgent economic problems. Feb. 3, 2009
Obama performance chief Killefer out, citing taxes - Yahoo! News

7. Tax evasion....A Senate committee today abruptly canceled a session to consider President Obama's nomination of Rep. Hilda Solis to be labor secretary in the wake of a report saying that her husband yesterday paid about $6,400 to settle tax liens against his business -- including liens that had been outstanding for as long as 16 years.

Last edited:
So Bush inherited a recession that was not declaired until after his term was well into play BUT Obama gets no such caveot?

I agree that when Bush came to office the recession had already begun But needed a couple of more months to have the criteria found to be delcared a recession. The same is true here of this depression.

It was very obviously underway well before Obama was even elected.
hey, just a couple months ago, you morons were saying we were already in a depression
then morons like bobo have been declaring it over and over and add rochead to that list

Economy: Recession or depression?

It cant be know until it actually reaches the definition which means the downturn has to continue.

It very well could be one in the end and those people would have been correct.

The Economist magazine noted there appears to be two principal criteria for distinguishing a recession from a depression: A depression has a decline in gross domestic product of more than 10 percent or is a recession lasting more than three years. We haven't met either of those criteria yet.

The GDP is expected to drop about 4 percent this year, said Lee McPheters, an economist at Arizona State University. And the recession is only about 13 months old, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research in Cambridge, Mass.

Last edited:
Economy: Recession or depression?

It cant be know until it actually reaches the definition which means the downturn has to continue.

It very well could be one in the end and those people would have been correct.

The Economist magazine noted there appears to be two principal criteria for distinguishing a recession from a depression: A depression has a decline in gross domestic product of more than 10 percent or is a recession lasting more than three years. We haven't met either of those criteria yet.
yet you complained that Bush spent too much and caused it, but your hero's solution is to spend even more

yeah, that should work
when the bathtub is overflowing the solution is to turn up the flow of water into it

Bush spent into things like a protracted war in two countries.

He then handed out money to the banks without the proper safeguards.

I was never against the bank bailouts ,I was against giving the banks and paulsen free control of the money because I was affraid they would line their pockets. They did.

Forum List

Back