Stimulus or stimulate?

Yukon

Rookie
Feb 7, 2009
Here are easy ways to get the economy moving again with out giving massive tax breaks to the Wall Street, Corporate criminals:

1. Implement a National Health Care system immediately and reduce the salaries of every Doctor in the country by 20 %.

2. Give every American over the age of 21 a cash voucher equal to $ 20, 000 which can only be used to buy a new American built automobile or truck.

Here are easy ways to get the economy moving again with out giving massive tax breaks to the Wall Street, Corporate criminals:

1. Implement a National Health Care system immediately and reduce the salaries of every Doctor in the country by 20 %.

2. Give every American over the age of 21 a cash voucher equal to $ 20, 000 which can only be used to buy a new American built automobile or truck.

and what if i already have a new car?....and i dont think the Doctors salaries are the reason health care is so expensive....

1) How does limiting how much money can be earned stimulate the economy?

2) How is borrowing money from China going to help stimulate the American economy?

A single payer healthcare system would help American business tremendously. Making businesses pay for healthcare puts them at a disadvantage worldwide because every other Western democracy has universal healthcare. Toyota recently located a plant in Canada because they did not have to pay for healthcare there.

The USA spends far too great a share of its GDP on health care....nearly 17% last time I checked.

That's up from about 5% in the late 60s.

I like the voucher idea more than I like the idea of giving the American Auto industry billions.

Conversely, we could simply impose a tax on cars sold in the USA which are made offshore.

That tax would have to be imposed on cars assembled here with foreign made parts, too.

The tax could be based on the percentage of the car which is made from foreign parts.

Sort of a retroactive tariff, I'll admit, but at least in that case we don't have to borrow money to fund it.

So basically, give away free Fords or Chevys or Chryslers. $20K per american 21 and up... doing the math here...

http://factfinder.census.gov/servle...&_ci_nbr=&qr_name=&reg=:&_keyword=&_industry=

There are more than 195.6 million people 25 and older, multiply that by 20K and that would just about amount to $3,912,927,660,000. Add the 21-24 group and it'll easily top 4 trillion dollars.

Not feasible.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I see there is NO point discussing this topic with uneducated followers of Rush Limpdick. Topic is CLOSED !

Ok genius where do we come up with the 4 trillion dollars it will cost to cover 20 thousand dollar vouchers handed out to over 200 Million people. I mean you do realize there are more than 200 Million people over 21 in America right.

This is what I have been talking about over and over. People do not have a grasp of how much money we are talking about. They tend think it is a lot more than it is. People here 789Billion and say stupid shit like why don't we give 20k to everyone over 21, when it would cost 5 times that much to do it.

So basically we are debating with a guy who does not even have a grasp on simple Math. I mean they may be big numbers, but it's not like its trig or calc or anything. Were talking about simple division, and multiplication people.

You can't hand out 20K vouchers to everyone over 21 years old for the same price as the stimulus. It would cost 4 Trillion dollars if they were all used.

Before you start calling people uneducated you might want to work on your math skills bud.

Last edited:

1. Let the market dictate what doctors get paid, not politicians.

2. How about letting the taxpayers keep their money and buy what they want or need?

The USA spends far too great a share of its GDP on health care....nearly 17% last time I checked.

I like the voucher idea more than I like the idea of giving the American Auto industry billions.

Conversely, we could simply impose a tax on cars sold in the USA which are made offshore.

That tax would have to be imposed on cars assembled here with foreign made parts, too.

The tax could be based on the percentage of the car which is made from foreign parts.

Sort of a retroactive tariff, I'll admit, but at least in that case we don't have to borrow money to fund it.

It was 5% in the 1960s, because it was allowed to operate freely in the market. Then government intervened, introduced HMOs, made it tax-free for businesses, and screwed everyone except the special interests, as always.

This is a horrible idea. Economics 101 : Reducing a price by X% lowers the supply by Y%. So, good luck finding a Doctor with the induced shortage.

It was 5% in the 1960s, because it was allowed to operate freely in the market. Then government intervened, introduced HMOs, made it tax-free for businesses, and screwed everyone except the special interests, as always.

This is a horrible idea. Economics 101 : Reducing a price by X% lowers the supply by Y%. So, good luck finding a Doctor with the induced shortage.

It was 5% in the 1960's because doctors didn't make nearly as much money as they do now, and Big Pharma did not exist at that time.

A friend of mine was a doctor in the 1950's, and he made $5 for an office visit and $10 for a house call.

It was 5% in the 1960's because doctors didn't make nearly as much money as they do now, and Big Pharma did not exist at that time.

A friend of mine was a doctor in the 1950's, and he made $5 for an office visit and $10 for a house call.

$5 then is about $45 today ($10 being about $90, obviously). Schedule in about 20 visits a week, a doctor'd be making about $110k-140k a year if we continued in the free market system, which is appropriate for someone that studied for 7 years. All the money that you pay is going straight into the pockets of Big HMOs and Big Drug companies that are government protected monopolies. Remember, monopolies can not exist without the help of the government.

It was 5% in the 1960s, because it was allowed to operate freely in the market.

Partially true.

Certainly I agree with you that introducing medicade and medicare kicked inflation in health care into overdrive. I have noted that mistake many times of this board.

Additionally, the science of medicine actually DID get more expensive because it has gotten better at keeping essantially dying people dying for a lot longer

Finally, America is getting older demographically speaking thus also putting additional pressure on the cost of HC in the aggregate.

Then government intervened, introduced HMOs, made it tax-free for businesses, and screwed everyone except the special interests, as always

Well...the government did not invent HMOs...basically Kaiser did.

Many MDs don't work on salary. They work on a per fee basis. What you'd have to do to implement that plan is to FULLY socialize medicine.

Forum List

Back