President Obama Creates ‘Dueling Prayer Vigils’at the Supreme Court

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Obama organizing prayer for power:eusa_eh:

WASHINGTON, —The New York Times reported that the White House is working to organize prayer vigils at the Court during the oral arguments regarding his health care legislation.

The White House put together the prayer vigils after the Christian Defense Coalition, Faith and Action and other ministries announced plans two weeks ago to “Encircle the Court in Prayer” on March 25 and hold continuous prayer around the Supreme Court during the health care oral arguments on March 26-28.

Although the groups are flattered by the President following their lead, they still have several serious concerns.

This move by the White House clearly shows how important they are treating the Supreme Court arguments and how critical the role of the faith community will play in this process

President Obama Creates ‘Dueling Prayer Vigils’at the Supreme Court

Is this supposed to "outrageous"?

Maybe I'm missing the point of this thread...

Yes Obama organizing a "prayer vigil" in an attemppt to pressure the Supreme court is "outrageous" and beneath the office of the presidency..What a Joke

What happened to separation of church and state?? How can the president "organize" a public prayer and not violate the 1st amendment?? Where's Americans United?? Where's the attorney general?

It's only convenient to them when he wants to force religious institutions to pay for birth control. Oy vey. :cuckoo:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Why isn't the left screaming about that religious Bigot in the White House............prayer of all things.......O.M..G!!

I wonder if Obama will get Rev Wright and Louis Farrakhan to lead the prayers? Perhaps with an encore from Father Pfleger.

Why isn't the left screaming about that religious Bigot in the White House............prayer of all things.......O.M..G!!

No comment on the Christian lobbyists praying for the supreme court to deliver us into the tender mercies of the insurance industry?

Is this supposed to "outrageous"?

Maybe I'm missing the point of this thread...

Yes Obama organizing a "prayer vigil" in an attemppt to pressure the Supreme court is "outrageous" and beneath the office of the presidency..What a Joke

Yes and no. Prayer is Prayer. Nobody should be intervening in matters of Conscience. Let the chips fall where they may.

The point of this thread is that conservatives are demonstrating, yet again, that they are clueless about the left's views on religion.

I have a lot of complaints about President Obama and have not been shy about expressing them. This, however, is not a problem.

Actually, by refusing to cede the territory of religion to the right, which certainly doesn't properly own it, he's doing something very useful.

The point of this thread is that conservatives are demonstrating, yet again, that they are clueless about the left's views on religion.

I have a lot of complaints about President Obama and have not been shy about expressing them. This, however, is not a problem.

Actually, by refusing to cede the territory of religion to the right, which certainly doesn't properly own it, he's doing something very useful.

You are projecting your fears again, painting with a very broad brush. Fail.

No comment on the Christian lobbyists praying for the supreme court to deliver us into the tender mercies of the insurance industry?

Ummm, that's right you forgot......Christians pray, that's what they do best. :D

What do we pray for again??? Salvation, Divine Intervention, Deliverance from Evil, Truth, Justice, Fair Play? To name a few. I don't see anyone of us praying to be victims of any kind of rip off, do you? Where exactly, Occupied?

Ummm, that's right you forgot......Christians pray, that's what they do best. :D

There's more than one kind of Christian, there's good people who walk in the example of Christ and then there are those RW political activists who use Christ to get people to hate.

I wonder if Obama will get Rev Wright and Louis Farrakhan to lead the prayers? Perhaps with an encore from Father Pfleger.

Rev. Al, he does a better job. ;)

I don't know. Obama must think alot of Rev. Wright's message considering he spent 20 years listening to him. I can hear it now.. God D**n the Supreme Court!!

Rev. Al, he does a better job. ;)

I don't know. Obama must think alot of Rev. Wright's message considering he spent 20 years listening to him. I can hear it now.. God D**n the Supreme Court!!

I think he used Rev. Wright's Sermons as a sleep aid. Don't you?

Forum List

Back