Zone1 Trump braces for Supreme Court hearing on whether he can stay on 2024 ballots: Live

Trump braces for Supreme Court hearing on whether he can stay on 2024 ballots: Live
Oral arguments to be heard today as highest court weighs Republican’s eligibility to run for White House again amid ‘insurrection’ allegations pertaining to Capitol riot

Remote : Thu, 08 Feb 2024 10:25:19 GMT
Local : 2024-02-08(Thursday) 11 : 25 : 19
Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

to me, it seems Trump had a direct hand & voice in the Jan 6th events.
what do you all think about it?
If an on-air radio host encourages others to go to a Lowes to purchase plants with a commercial they advertise, the radio host is not directly at fault if a robbery and or murder takes place at Lowes. They told people to go buy plants.

Trump told people to protest, be safe, and orderly. Trump NEVER told anyone to do an insurrection. That lie came from democrats.

Trump has proven his guilt with those TV speeches that he made, aired on CNN a lot more than on your dear Fox News of course.
Biden told people in his speeches to get the COVID vaccine. Some of them died right away after getting it.

Then Biden threatened them to get the COVID vaccine or lose your job. More got it and more died from it. Did Biden commit murder? After all he gave a speech.

Congress has already determined that he incited and participated in an insurrection
That is not true.

Congress determined that Trump was not guilty. The U.S. Senate is apart of congress.

"The U.S. Senate voted Saturday to acquit former President Trump on a charge of “incitement of insurrection” in connection with the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol by his supporters, concluding the second impeachment trial of his term in office."

With the U.S. Senate voting to acquit Trump of "inciting insurrection" it would be double jeopardy for the Supreme Court to rule otherwise. To the Supreme Court, any insurrection convictions are a mute point as the Senate has already ruled Trump innocent. We do have the lower courts being forced by the democrat White House to continue to pursue insurrection cases against Trump despite the Senate acquitting him of it.

Nevertheless the Supreme Court was focused to the "officer" part of the 14th Amendment. Which no president has ever been - nor can one ever be, an officer.

This case should be a slam dunk. Trump is obviously ineligible to run under Article XIV, Section III of the Constitution. Trump has “engaged in insurrection and rebellion” against the United States of America. He incited the riot that stormed the capital in order to halt the peaceful transfer of power. Whether you are a “strict constructionist” or “originalist” Trump disqualification is the only interpretation of that provision you can have if you are honest in your beliefs.

Now to make the issue of presidential eligibility understandable to the MAGA base that the people should have a say whether to elect the treasonous Trump, let us look at MAGA favorite V. Putin. V. Putin can not run for president because he is not a “natural born citizen” under the U.S. Constitution. Since he is ineligible, he can not run. End of story. Same as Treasonous Trump. He is ineligible and disqualified to run because of his actions against the US government and constitution. End of story.

If the conservative members of SCOTUS are true to their beliefs they will find against Trump. LOL. I would not hold my breath. Hypocrisy is rampant in conservative SCOTUS decisions.
As far as the 14th Amendment goes...

"Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson, for instance, took issue with the part of the Trump team’s argument that said Jan. 6 did not amount to an insurrection."

Trump's lawyer (often times, Trumps supporters) have to school a democrat on what an insurrection is. Trumps lawyer told Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson:

"Mitchell, the Trump lawyer, said an insurrection “needs to be an organized, concerted effort to overthrow the government of the United States. A chaotic effort to overthrow the government is not an insurrection?”

If an on-air radio host encourages others to go to a Lowes to purchase plants with a commercial they advertise, the radio host is not directly at fault if a robbery and or murder takes place at Lowes. They told people to go buy plants.

Trump told people to protest, be safe, and orderly. Trump NEVER told anyone to do an insurrection. That lie came from democrats.
there have been supposedly confirmed rumors about Trump calling for the hanging of a prominent Capitol member.
i forgot who, sorry about that.

if you (or others) like, i can spend some time googling it.

Biden told people in his speeches to get the COVID vaccine. Some of them died right away after getting it.

Then Biden threatened them to get the COVID vaccine or lose your job. More got it and more died from it. Did Biden commit murder? After all he gave a speech.
if Trump were to be banned from Office for proven-to-be-seriously-flawed behavior,
and the Dems would suffer the same 'fate', then i guess that would be a massive improvement for your elections system and quality of your leaderships (mid-rank to highest-rank).
a way to fire the corrupt from government jobs.

i can elaborate if you like. (note : i know my opinion as expressed in this thread is just one among a whole lot of opinions that float around at the moment)

Last edited:
Based on what I have read and heard the Justices did not seem to be buying to arguments to kick Trump off the ballot. If this turns out to be the case and it’s a 9-0 or 8-1 decision in Trumps favor that will show there is at least one part of the government that can look long term and see the consequences of upholding this idiocy.

Last edited:
Based on what I have read and heard the Justices did not seem to be buying to arguments to kick Trump off the ballot. If this turns out to be the case and it’s a 9-0 or 8-1 decision in Trumps favor that will show there is at least one part of the government that can look long term and see the consequences of upholding this idiocy.
Dumb. They didn't even opine on the reasoning for disqualifyng him. The ruling will be that Congress must decide. Because that's what this corrupt court does: it punts.

Thank you for your standard partisan response to everything not original but certainly consistent.
Thank you for your typically whiny response.

But hey, you learned something. They will simply rule that a State cannot make this decision. Not that there is anything wrong with the reasoning.

Remember, two courts have now affirmed that he participated in insurrection.

Trump braces for Supreme Court hearing on whether he can stay on 2024 ballots: Live
Oral arguments to be heard today as highest court weighs Republican’s eligibility to run for White House again amid ‘insurrection’ allegations pertaining to Capitol riot

Their was this Witch, Death followed her and was always carry a canceled hammer. The dyke had an old man but he was always out raping women. With help she cheated a Communist out of his shot of president. When Secretary of State Hillary was working her Pay 2 Play fraud from her bathroom server. About this time she started loosing it. Pulled out her Hammer and took out 2 blueberries, got some low lives bleached Sold secrets, while helping obama pull off a couple genocides of innocent Africans. She was never charged. She then made up treasonous lies on President Trump. Again this murderous Devil was caught. It was this time when we started to see just how low her criminal felon shits could go. If Trump was pulled from the ballot because of that sex starved district attorney and her boy toy you think biden shits himself now. You ain't seen nothing yet

The Capitol Police were woefully understaffed which was by design by Democrat leadership. Barricades were removed and flash grenades thrown by the Capitol Police to incite the crowd. Then the magnetically controlled doors were opened from THE INSIDE inviting a few dozen unarmed men to tour the Capitol.

Biden was acting upon the advice of his crisis-teams, who i believe were acting towards reducing civilians casualties (vaccines are better for the population than waiting for 'herd-immunity').

Trump knew exactly what he was up to.
Watched TV about the Jan 6th riots/insurrection for hours before his family was finally able to get him to say things onine that fizzled the Jan 6th insurrection/rebellion/demonstrations.

Biden was acting upon the advice of his crisis-teams, who i believe were acting towards reducing civilians casualties (vaccines are better for the population than waiting for 'herd-immunity').

Trump knew exactly what he was up to.
Watched TV about the Jan 6th riots/insurrection for hours before his family was finally able to get him to say things onine that fizzled the Jan 6th insurrection/rebellion/demonstrations.
The COVID vaccines were supposed to lead to heard-immunity and they fail to do so. They wane over time requiring supplemental COVID booster after booster after booster. Making them neither effective nor safe. We now know they potentially lead to heart conditions, turbo cancer, death, etc...

Trump advocated for a "PEACEFUL" protest demonstration - not for an insurrection. You need to understand that. Trump repeated "peaceful" over and over.

The COVID vaccines were supposed to lead to heard-immunity and they fail to do so
Wrong of course. They slow transmission and ease infection. They are both effective tove and safe, and you should stop spreading idiotic and dangerous lies.

Wrong of course. They slow transmission and ease infection. They are both effective tove and safe, and you should stop spreading idiotic and dangerous lies.
It was safe for some people. For others it was deadly. For some it was harmful. Tell the whole truth.

Forum List

Back