predominantly white crowd

Here's an interesting observation...

There were more minorities at Beck's rally than attendees at Sharpton's.

Perhaps Martin's message is lost on the left. Maybe they can't get past the whole color thing.

oh... duh... i'm still having coffee cup number one.

sorry.

again... for the upteenth time, what honor was 'lost'? 'and what did this bunch of white people need to reclaim besides the right to say the word n****r whenever they want to?

No honor was lost. Beck is a looney-tunes asshole.

I was commenting mainly on the media coverage.

well, we certainly agree about that. but apparently quite a few people don't think so.

because they can't say a bunch of eurocentric white people are trying to steal king's legacy and un-do it.

that's why they say predominantly white... it's 'code' same as saying 'lost honor'.

sorry.

again... for the upteenth time, what honor was 'lost'? 'and what did this bunch of white people need to reclaim besides the right to say the word n****r whenever they want to?
That's the question of the day.

seems to have been the question for the last week. no one has been honest enough to answer it.

but the answer is... a day before the civil rights movement.

these same people would have been standing in georgia blocking the universities to protect 'traditional values'.

they can like that or not.

Your 'answer' is an opinion. Not a fact.

This person - this 'far right' 'redneck' 'racist' 'republican' self professed conservative would have been standing with the civil right movement. Go figure.

sorry.

No honor was lost. Beck is a looney-tunes asshole.

I was commenting mainly on the media coverage.

well, we certainly agree about that. but apparently quite a few people don't think so.

because they can't say a bunch of eurocentric white people are trying to steal king's legacy and un-do it.

that's why they say predominantly white... it's 'code' same as saying 'lost honor'.

Don't tell me, the 13,000 non whites were all Uncle Toms? You have no idea how fucking insulting you are to minorities, do you?

Isn't the Congressional Black Caucus de facto racist?

no. is the catholic league?

Yes. We Catholics hate minorities. There are no minorities in our Church at all.

Except the millions of minorities, across the world, that are Catholic... and not white! :eek::eek:

Have you run out of straws yet?

what about non-catholics? i demand that jews be allowed to join or you're racist. :eusa_whistle:

nice attempt at deflection. is color the only basis on which we can discriminate?

no. is the catholic league?

Yes. We Catholics hate minorities. There are no minorities in our Church at all.

Except the millions of minorities, across the world, that are Catholic... and not white! :eek::eek:

what about non-catholics? i demand that jews be allowed to join or you're racist. :eusa_whistle:

nice attempt at deflection. is color the only basis on which we can discriminate?

You are welcome to join the Catholic Church, jillian. We're an accepting bunch. We even let blacks in! :eek::eek::eek:

Bring the bagels, lox and cream cheese, and you're in with me :thup:

well, it's sunday a.m. and there's nuffin' like a new yawk bagel...

so can do! :thup:

Jillian is like any other Progressive, she loves the black man, just as long as he's on the Dem Plantation

well, it's sunday a.m. and there's nuffin' like a new yawk bagel...

so can do! :thup:

And as a compromise, we'll use Manischewitz for the communion wine.

sorry... i draw the line at manishewitz. we can use real wine. lol..

although sunday a.m.? i think bloody marys and mimosas are in order.

"Cool story bro" time:

My wife went to a small christian college. And like most college age kids, she was interested in partying, but going to that school made them become more creative.

She had 1 or 2 bottles of manischewitz in her dorm room, and convinced the dorm mom that she practiced communion with her and her room-mate in order to get closer to God.

Does it count as communion if you drink 2 bottles in a night?

And as a compromise, we'll use Manischewitz for the communion wine.

"Cool story bro" time:

My wife went to a small christian college. And like most college age kids, she was interested in partying, but going to that school made them become more creative.

She had 1 or 2 bottles of manischewitz in her dorm room, and convinced the dorm mom that she practiced communion with her and her room-mate in order to get closer to God.

that's great... lol. it counts if you toast g-d each time. :)

during prohibition, the only liquor that was 'legal' was wine for religious services... so catholics and jews were the only ones with legal liquor until prohibition was repealed.

yay us!

"Cool story bro" time:

during prohibition, the only liquor that was 'legal' was wine for religious services... so catholics and jews were the only ones with legal liquor until prohibition was repealed.

yay us!

Yay!

I knew I was Catholic for a reason!

"Cool story bro" time:

yay us!

I soooo did not know that! Makes being either Catholic or Jewish even better.... just in case the bastards ever ban it again, we'll be fine.

"Cool story bro" time:

yay us!

I soooo did not know that! Makes being either Catholic or Jewish even better.... just in case the bastards ever ban it again, we'll be fine.

i'm a world of useless information. lol..

And then sacramental wine—wine used for religious purposes—was a real racket. George de Latour, the founder of Beaulieu Vineyard in California, he became a zillionaire because of this. He got what’s called an ecclesiastical approbation from the Catholic Church to provide altar wines, the wines for Communion. By 1923, he was making altar wines in the following varieties: cabernet sauvignon, muscatel, sherry. There were 13 different varieties. And then you could get alcohol for medicinal purposes. It was possible to get a prescription for three bucks from virtually any physician who wanted the three bucks in his pocket. Take it to your local pharmacy and go home with a pint of liquor every 10 days. The Walgreens drugstore chain in Chicago, they had 20 stores in 1920. After a decade of Prohibition, they had 525.

What Led to Passing of Prohibition - Newsweek

it should also be noted that only two amendments ever limited individual rights... the amendment requiring prohibition and that whiich outlawed slavery.

Forum List

Back