predominantly white crowd

"Cool story bro" time:

My wife went to a small christian college. And like most college age kids, she was interested in partying, but going to that school made them become more creative.

She had 1 or 2 bottles of manischewitz in her dorm room, and convinced the dorm mom that she practiced communion with her and her room-mate in order to get closer to God.

Does it count as communion if you drink 2 bottles in a night?

that's great... lol. it counts if you toast g-d each time. :)

during prohibition, the only liquor that was 'legal' was wine for religious services... so catholics and jews were the only ones with legal liquor until prohibition was repealed.

yay us!

Yay!

I knew I was Catholic for a reason!

beats the need to convert next time they outlaw alcohol!

it should also be noted that only two amendments ever limited individual rights... the amendment requiring prohibition and that whiich outlawed slavery.

Outlawing slavery limited individual rights? That's some twisted logic right there. :rofl:

it should also be noted that only two amendments ever limited individual rights... the amendment requiring prohibition and that whiich outlawed slavery.

Outlawing slavery limited individual rights? That's some twisted logic right there. :rofl:

you missed the point... that there were only two negative amendments, rather than expansive.

and no... drinking and owning slaves are not the same... but a bunch of yahoos in the 1920's thought they were in the same league.

poor baby.

i like your doofenshmirtz (sp?) avatar, though.

Last edited:
When it's pointed out that the Republican Party is 90% white and nearly all Christian, they deny it.

Why?

After all, they target minorities. Next, they'll be denying that.

Who's denying anything. We're the party of opportunity....not handouts.

puleeze... party of opportunity that uses racial divisions as a means of getting votes.

lthough the phrase "Southern strategy" is often attributed to Nixon political strategist Kevin Phillips, he did not originate it,[1] but merely popularized it.[2] In an interview included in a 1970 New York Times article, he touched on its essence:
From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.[3]

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you missed the point... that there were only two negative amendments, rather than expansive.

and no... drinking and owning slaves are not the same... but a bunch of yahoos in the 1920's thought they were in the same league.

poor baby.

I got the point sweetheart. :rofl:

But it's still pretty twisted to conclude that outlawing slavery restricts liberty more than it expands it.

What skin color was dominant at Sharpton's little shin dig, no, that don't matter that that one was dominated by blacks does it, your only a hater if your white or Christian, tell me, do you guys gets nose bleeds that far up on your high horses?

poor baby.

But it's still pretty twisted to conclude that outlawing slavery restricts liberty more than it expands it.

but not for the people who had the rights at the time. it reflects more on those who thought alcohol was equally onerous.

Last edited:
"Cool story bro" time:

My wife went to a small christian college. And like most college age kids, she was interested in partying, but going to that school made them become more creative.

She had 1 or 2 bottles of manischewitz in her dorm room, and convinced the dorm mom that she practiced communion with her and her room-mate in order to get closer to God.

Does it count as communion if you drink 2 bottles in a night?

that's great... lol. it counts if you toast g-d each time. :)

during prohibition, the only liquor that was 'legal' was wine for religious services... so catholics and jews were the only ones with legal liquor until prohibition was repealed.

yay us!

I soooo did not know that! Makes being either Catholic or Jewish even better.... just in case the bastards ever ban it again, we'll be fine.

I think they'll ban Catholics and Jews before they ban booze again.....

When it's pointed out that the Republican Party is 90% white and nearly all Christian, they deny it.

Why?

puleeze... party of opportunity that uses racial divisions as a means of getting votes.

lthough the phrase "Southern strategy" is often attributed to Nixon political strategist Kevin Phillips, he did not originate it,[1] but merely popularized it.[2] In an interview included in a 1970 New York Times article, he touched on its essence:
From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.[3]

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Puuuurleazzzze, mo chara, if we're gonna talk about using racial divisions.... let's acknowledge that both parties are as bad as the other when it comes to using minorities for their own ends.

So, let me get this straight. The us population is 87% white, and the rally attenders were 87% white and someone says there is a problem?

Not unless you consider all Hispanics "white"...

"Hispanic" is ethnicity, not race.
Race is white, black, asian, American Indian or islander.

Most hispanics consider themselves white.

I know because the feds require us to ask people what race and what ethnicity they are, and the ethnicity choices are hispanic or non-hispanic, separate from race.

TEA PARTY = White, right-wing, middle-aged, fanatical Christian zealots with a hatred for anyone not of the same "cut" as they are.

poor baby.

but not for the people who had the rights at the time. it reflects more on those who thought alcohol was equally onerous.

doesn't make it any less twisted IMO. and quite frankly I'm surprised that you don't see it that way too.

Why?

You don't seriously believe this.

Who is telling everyone that the Arizona immigration law is discriminatory when in fact they never read the thing?

Who never passes up on a chance to pit one race against another and favor one race over another with their entitlement programs.

Who is ignoring immigration laws as we speak just to get a large portion of the Hispanic vote?

If what you say is true....the GOP should be getting most of the minority vote...but they aren't.

Statistically speaking, whites always seem to need a little help restoring their honor. This is especially true of white teenagers and those under the age of 30. Seems like when the white race hits that 30 year old mark, they begin to have a rebirth of honor and by the age of 60, whites are the most honorable people on the face of the earth.

This is data from my own private honor study... Sorry, no link available.

Between the media and black leaders, such as Sharpton, hammering and prejudging the event, there was more motivation for minorities to stay away, rather than attend. Some people didn't want to see past the messenger to the message, or when the message didn't meet their expectations, they reverted back to the messenger.

As for the idea of restoring honor, I don't know why that should be offensive to anyone. I think it's admirable for people to want to step up and strive to be better. It's about personal accountability. It's arrogant to believe we're already the best that we can be.

Beck: Help us restore traditional American values

WASHINGTON – Conservative commentator Glenn Beck and tea party champion Sarah Palin appealed Saturday to a vast, predominantly white crowd on the National Mall to help restore traditional American values and honor Martin Luther King's message. Civil rights leaders who accused the group of hijacking King's legacy held their own rally and march.

Beck: Help us restore traditional American values - Yahoo! News

the irony...when do other crowds get labeled as predominantly this color or ethnicity....especially when talking about king's message where he dreamed one day we would not be judged by the color of our skin, but the content of our character

why was it important to focus on the skin color?
The media is pointing out irony.

Beck wants to "take back" the civil rights movement...what does that mean, and what does it mean that most of his followers are white?

:eusa_eh:

so white people can't be involved in civil rights movements?

thats bigoted ravi...

Percentage of White Americans is 79.6% (according to the US Census Bureau 2009)

So, if the crowd was 87% white, then 13% were minorities. If Beck is this evil race baiter, 'spewing hate' yadda, yadda, yadda, why did so many non Whites turn up? Did they get lost on the way to the race baiters rally next door?
What race baiters rally next door?

Sharpton.... he's made a good living out of race baiting.

Seen any pics of his 'reclaiming the dream' rally? 200/300 blacks. No accusations of racism for that?

yeah....did the media point out any predominant skin color at his rally?

Forum List

Back