Predicted: 4% growth for Trump economy...but, obama said less than 2 was the new normal...

Yeterday Putin has had an annual news conference and an ABC journalist asked him a question about Trump.

Terry Moran: It has almost been a year since Donald Trump has been elected president. You praised Donald Trump during the campaign. What is your assessment of Donald Trump as president after one year?

Vladimir Putin: It is not for me to evaluate Donald Trump’s work. This should be done by his electorate, the American people. But we do see some major achievements, even over the short period he has been in office. Look at the markets, which have grown. This is evidence of investors’ trust in the US economy. This means they trust what President Trump is doing in this area. With all due respect to President Trump’s opposition in the United States, these are objective factors.

There are also things he would probably like to do but has not been able to do so far, such as a healthcare reform and several other areas. By the way, he said his intentions in foreign policy included improving relations with Russia. It is clear that he has been unable to do this because of the obvious constraints, even if he wanted to. In fact, I do not know if he still wants to or has exhausted the desire to do this; you should ask him. I hope that he does and that we will eventually normalise our relations to the benefit of the American and Russian people, and that we will continue to develop and will overcome the common and well-known threats, such as terrorism, environmental problems, weapons of mass destruction, crises around the world, including in the Middle East, the North Korean problem, etc. There are many things we can do much more effectively together in the interests of our people than we are doing them now. Actually, we can do everything more effectively together.

Full new conference at:
Vladimir Putin’s annual news conference

Even foreigners are noticing Trump's good job as a POTUS but American liberals instead of being thankful prefer to remain Deep State servants.

Because most of Americans are dumbed down by (((Deep State))) lying presstitutes.
By Republicans.

Republicans are now giving us a "WORD BAN". The Phuh Kers!

Predicted: 4% growth for Trump economy...

Insofar as the economy is currently running at 3%, it must cost something on the order of a trillion dollars in deficit spending to obtain a one percent increase. I wouldn't say that but for the fact that the CBO/JCT do not buy the projections the bill's authors and supporters assume will come to fruition.

Combine that with the specious assumption that corporate tax cuts boost the economy, and it becomes clear our nation's highest elected representatives have condescended to the electorate by passing a bad bill, one that most people moreover do not like, and acquiescing to what can truly be called "voodoo economics."

Additional references:
  • Corporate Tax Reform: Issues for Congress (CRS 2012)
    Arguments for lowering the corporate tax rate include the traditional concerns about economic distortions arising from the corporate tax and newer concerns arising from the increasingly global nature of the economy. Some claims have been made that lowering the corporate tax rate would raise revenue because of the behavioral responses, an effect that is linked to an open economy

The analysis in this report suggests that many of the concerns expressed about the corporate tax are not supported by empirical data. Claims that behavioral responses could cause revenues to rise if rates were cut do not hold up on either a theoretical basis or an empirical basis. Studies that purport to show a revenue maximizing corporate tax rate of 30% (a rate lower than the current statutory tax rate) contain econometric errors that lead to biased and inconsistent results; when those problems are corrected the results disappear.
  • Who Pays the Corporate Tax in a Global Economy?
    This economist's research shows that corporate tax cuts are far more likely to end up in the hands of those at the top of the income distribution. If burgeoning corporate after-tax profits were the key to investment and wage growth, then the previous 15 years should have been a paradise of wage growth, as after-tax profits in recent years have been about 50 percent higher than in decades prior (as a share of GDP), and higher than at any point in the past half-century.
  • The Corporate Income Tax System: Overview and Options for Reform (CRS 2014)
    A number of more recent theoretical studies find that labor can bear the majority of the [corporate] tax burden” those studies “appear to rely critically on particular assumptions that drive the results. When these assumptions are relaxed the burden of the corporate tax is found to fall mostly on capital -- in line with the traditional analysis...Given the unreliability of recent empirical research, and the consistency of traditional theoretical models, some economists have been reluctant to move away from traditional incidence assumptions, where owners of capital are assumed to bear most of the burden of the corporate tax.
Obama spent 10 trillion, and got us nothing. Glad to help.

Great News!

I will believe it when I see it

It is already over 3%....and according to obama, that wasn't possible...

Obama had eight quarters over 3 percent
And eight years at 1.9%.
Steady growth with no significant negative quarters
With Republicans, we got the Great Bush Recession of 2008

I'll take the Great Obama
The economy started it's down hill trend when the democrats to over both houses. I guess since you call it the great Obama economy, well it started when the republicans to back both houses.

Forum List

Back