Precondition or No Precondition...?

President can meet any one he wants who will accept his invitation...

• Yes.

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No.

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See the bolded area above....

Yeah I see it.

Here's the point I am making...using your defintion, Iran can call those nations ROGUE nations, too.

It is an inflammatory adjective which tells us NOTHING real.

Vienna: The UN's nuclear watchdog said yesterday Iran had failed to meet a February 21 deadline to suspend enrichment of uranium, exposing Tehran to possible new sanctions over concerns it hopes to produce an atomic bomb.

The International Atomic Energy Agency said in a report Iran had installed two cascades, or networks, of 164 centrifuges in its underground Natanz enrichment plant with another two cascades close to completion.

This amounted to an effort to escalate research-level enrichment of nuclear fuel into "industrial scale" production.

"Iran has not suspended its enrichment-related activities," said the confidential IAEA report.

By ignoring the deadline, Tehran reaffirmed its rejection of a mid-2006 offer by six world powers of talks on trade benefits provided it halted enrichment, a process that can yield nuclear power plant fuel or bombs.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said he was "deeply concerned. I urge again that the Iranian government should fully comply with the demands as soon as possible and engage in negotiations with the international community so that we can resolve this issue peacefully."
Gulfnews: Iran defies IAEA deadline

Yeah, understood.

Much of the world is pissed at Iran for developing nuclear weapons.

They don't care.

Neither did Pakistan, India, France, Russia, or Isreal when we demanding that they stop building their nuclear weapons.

Were they all ROGUE nations because they didn't give a shit what world opinion was?

Or are only Iran and N. Korea called ROGUE nations because right now they are the nations that we know are thumbing their noses at world opinion?

Last edited:
Yeah I see it.

Here's the point I am making...using your defintion, Iran can call those nations ROGUE nations, too.

It is an inflammatory adjective which tells us NOTHING real.

Yeah, understood.

Much of the world is pissed at Iran for developing nuclear weapons.

They don't care.

Neither did Pakistan, India, France, Russia, or Isreal when we demanding that they stop building their nuclear weapons.

Were they all ROGUE nations because they didn't give a shit what world opinion was?

Or are only Iran and N. Korea called ROGUE nations because right now they are the nations that we know are thumbing their noses at world opinion?

Maybe this is why Iran is more dangerous with a nuke than the others....
Jihad Watch: Iran's Thug-In-Chief calls for Israel's destruction
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's hard-line president called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and said a new wave of Palestinian attacks will destroy the Jewish state, state-run media reported Wednesday.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also denounced attempts to recognize Israel or normalize relations with it.

"There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will wipe off this stigma (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad told students Wednesday during a Tehran conference called "The World without Zionism."

"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury, any (Islamic leader) who recognizes the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad said.

Ahmadinejad also repeated the words of the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who called for the destruction of Israel.

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, who came to power in August.

The Thug-In-Chief also treated his hearers to a bit of conspiracy paranoia:

Ahmadinejad referred to Israel's recent withdrawal from the Gaza Strip as a "trick," saying Gaza is part of the Palestinian territories and the withdrawal was meant to make Islamic states acknowledge Israel.

Yes, I believe that the former Soviet Union was far more radical (and a million of times more dangerous) than Iran is today.

You don't?

For what it's worth, I believe that Russia is STILL more threatening to the USA than Iran will ever be, even if Iran gets the bomb.

If terrorists get a bomb, I expect they'll get one from Russia, not from Iran.

Why?

Because Russia still have thousands of nuclear weapons, and their security is weak and their organized crime appears to me to be willing to do anything to make money, including selling a bomb to terrorists.

Last edited:
This debate is specious.

McCain calls for preconditions and that makes sense.

Obama calls for talks with preparation and that also makes sense.

Basically they are saying the same damned thing.

Suggesting that they are wildly different is just more media driven partisan bullshit.

NIETHER of these guys are totally nuts, folks.
They were wildly different until Obama changed his definition of "no preconditions".

Easy question... just curious!

Go on... Vote! You know you want to!

-Joe

This is a dumb issue made up by the GOP. Of course there will be negotiations and SOME pre conditions before Obama meets with another world leader. But he won't insist they stop their nuclear program BEFORE he talks to them, because that's a fucking deal breaker.

And we see how well Bush has done by not talking to these leaders. Stupid wedge issue fabricated by scumbag Republicans. And you are keeping it alive, which makes you a scumbag too. Are you also a liar or do you believe the bullshit you put out there?

They were wildly different until Obama changed his definition of "no preconditions".

Good point.

Yes, I think he simply said something in the heat of the debate that he didn't really mean.

Think about it for a second.

There is no way in hell that the POTUS can simply show up one day in a foreign country without enormouse preparation.

This issue is one which I think is simply a load of fluff.

Nothing more than plotical pedantry.

Like so much of the crap the media tries to spin into something important, it is not important at all.

:clap2:
Good point.

Yes, I think he simply said something in the heat of the debate that he didn't really mean.

There is no way in hell that the POTUS can simply show up one day in a foreign country without enormouse preparation.

Like so much of the crap the media tries to spin into something important, it is not important at all.
:clap2:

Ah, someone with a brain.

Good point.

Security preparations aren't what Obama was referring to when he said "no preconditions". "Preconditions" are prior agreements in principle, as has historically been done whenever heads of state meet. All or nearly all of the agreements must be reached prior to any face time, especially in front of the public, and the actual meeting is merely a photo-op. In fact that's the way most political agreements are made, even down to the local level.

Yes, I believe that the former Soviet Union was far more radical (and a million of times more dangerous) than Iran is today.

You don't?

For what it's worth, I believe that Russia is STILL more threatening to the USA than Iran will ever be, even if Iran gets the bomb.

If terrorists get a bomb, I expect they'll get one from Russia, not from Iran.

Why?

Because Russia still have thousands of nuclear weapons, and their security is weak and their organized crime appears to me to be willing to do anything to make money, including selling a bomb to terrorists.

Russia isn't the Soviet Union now is it?

Iran would have no problem using a nuclear weapon if it is obtained. Russia still fears mutual destruction...
Islamic extremist will blow themselves up readily, so mutual destruction isn't quite the determent that it is for Russia.

Forum List

Back