Post-Election Poll: 78 Percent Say Media Coverage Was Biased

In other news, 22% of America lives in a cave.

Eight in 10 voters — 78 percent — say media coverage during the 2016 presidential election was biased, with 59 percent saying the press favored Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump, according to a post-election Media Research Center poll.
Roughly one-third, 32 percent, of Clinton voters believe the press was “pro-Clinton.”

Ninety-seven percent said they did not allow any of the bias from the media to impact their vote. Sixty-nine percent of voters say the media is not honest and truthful.

Media Research Center President Brent Bozell says the poll shows the press is in “panic mode” after Trump’s victory.

“The media are in full panic mode because the American people rejected their leftist agenda — and them. People didn’t believe the nonsense that the media were politically neutral. Even a third of Hillary’s supporters believe they were pro-Hillary!” Bozell stated in a press release, adding:

“When you have a strong majority of actual voters saying the national ‘news’ media were biased in favor of Hillary Clinton and tried to influence the public to vote for her; and believing they are fundamentally dishonest, you have a major problem that can’t be fixed with an apology. The public has rejected this institution as being either objective or truthful. There is an institutional bias at major media networks that must be repaired and I am highly skeptical that news executives are interested or capable of undertaking this responsibility.

Despite the overwhelming and persistent bias of this cycle in particular, I am heartened by the fact that, according to our poll, the American people didn’t let it sway their vote. If this isn’t a wakeup call for the left-wing media to stay out of politics, I don’t know what is.”

The MRC/YouGov poll questioned 2,006 voters online from Nov. 9 to Nov. 10

Biased? Didn't Trump go out to make himself hated, and make himself the anti-establishment guy. Was it the media that was biased, or Trump playing the media?

Now the elite MSM is pissed Trump went out to dinner last night without the press pool...too funny. They are screaming about the need for the press pool to protect the First Amendment and the American people....WTF...they were exposed as liars and colluding with the Clinton campaign. They have NO CREDIBILITY.

MSLSD on Morning Joke is having their usual hissy fit. Liberals...ugh!

He's no longer a private citizen. How is it all the other presidents, even Dubya, could get it, but Trump can't? He wanted the job, now he doesn't?
Clearly you don't get it. The elite MSM is an extension of the D party. They have no interest in fair reporting to inform the American people.

I really think YOU don't get it.

Fox news? More people watch Fox News than all the others put together. They have no interest in fair reporting either. They're businesses, the people aren't INTERESTED in fair reporting, they want to hear what they want to hear.

Link to support your claim that more people watch Fox News than all others put together.

Eight in 10 voters — 78 percent — say media coverage during the 2016 presidential election was biased, with 59 percent saying the press favored Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump, according to a post-election Media Research Center poll.
Roughly one-third, 32 percent, of Clinton voters believe the press was “pro-Clinton.”

Ninety-seven percent said they did not allow any of the bias from the media to impact their vote. Sixty-nine percent of voters say the media is not honest and truthful.

Media Research Center President Brent Bozell says the poll shows the press is in “panic mode” after Trump’s victory.

“The media are in full panic mode because the American people rejected their leftist agenda — and them. People didn’t believe the nonsense that the media were politically neutral. Even a third of Hillary’s supporters believe they were pro-Hillary!” Bozell stated in a press release, adding:

“When you have a strong majority of actual voters saying the national ‘news’ media were biased in favor of Hillary Clinton and tried to influence the public to vote for her; and believing they are fundamentally dishonest, you have a major problem that can’t be fixed with an apology. The public has rejected this institution as being either objective or truthful. There is an institutional bias at major media networks that must be repaired and I am highly skeptical that news executives are interested or capable of undertaking this responsibility.

Despite the overwhelming and persistent bias of this cycle in particular, I am heartened by the fact that, according to our poll, the American people didn’t let it sway their vote. If this isn’t a wakeup call for the left-wing media to stay out of politics, I don’t know what is.”

If Lebron James plays Dennis Kucinich in one-on-one, is the media biased by pointing out that Lebron is the far superior athlete? That's essentially what you're complaining about.

Trump spent the entire campaign whining, cursing, inciting violence, and generally acting like a deplorable human being. Oh, and he's corrupt as all fuck and lied every time he opened up his mouth. But the media is biased because they noticed this?

Biased? Didn't Trump go out to make himself hated, and make himself the anti-establishment guy. Was it the media that was biased, or Trump playing the media?

Both.

And does a private company have to be non-biased?

If they admit that they are nothing but a private biased company? NO.

If they dishonestly present themselves as anything more, like the 4th Estate, or an objective reporting or news, or worthy of special privilege or treatment because of what they do?

Then YES. Or they need to be called on their bullshit. CONSTANTLY.

Indeed, they should've been called out for EVER taking Trump seriously, and letting his carnival rule the discussion.

If Lebron James plays Dennis Kucinich in one-on-one, is the media biased by pointing out that Lebron is the far superior athlete? That's essentially what you're complaining about.

Trump spent the entire campaign whining, cursing, inciting violence, and generally acting like a deplorable human being. Oh, and he's corrupt as all fuck and lied every time he opened up his mouth. But the media is biased because they noticed this?

If that was true, then the media would not have had to lie.

YOur presentation of the media propaganda as though it is the truth, is not a convincing argument.

Both.

And does a private company have to be non-biased?

If they admit that they are nothing but a private biased company? NO.

If they dishonestly present themselves as anything more, like the 4th Estate, or an objective reporting or news, or worthy of special privilege or treatment because of what they do?

Then YES. Or they need to be called on their bullshit. CONSTANTLY.

Indeed, they should've been called out for EVER taking Trump seriously, and letting his carnival rule the discussion.

What do you think you are accomplishing by trying to marginalize half the nation?

Explain to my how you think this works out for you in the end.

Now the elite MSM is pissed Trump went out to dinner last night without the press pool...too funny. They are screaming about the need for the press pool to protect the First Amendment and the American people....WTF...they were exposed as liars and colluding with the Clinton campaign. They have NO CREDIBILITY.

He's no longer a private citizen. How is it all the other presidents, even Dubya, could get it, but Trump can't? He wanted the job, now he doesn't?
Clearly you don't get it. The elite MSM is an extension of the D party. They have no interest in fair reporting to inform the American people.

Fox news? More people watch Fox News than all the others put together. They have no interest in fair reporting either. They're businesses, the people aren't INTERESTED in fair reporting, they want to hear what they want to hear.
Why have you cited Fox News...why must lefties always do that?

If the MSM did their job, big unlimited government which ALWAYS sucks but is adored by leftists, would not exist.

Er..... because they're the LARGEST TV media outlet in the country perhaps.

Oh, yeah, why do liberals keep bring up stuff that I want to ignore, bastards.

Scoreboard: Monday, November 14

"Primetime: FNC: 837 | CNN: 389 | MSNBC: 270 | HLN: 103"

This is November 14th. Fox News has MORE VIEWERS than the next three put together. And somehow you complain about all those which say something different to Fox, but try and ignore Fox.

If the MSM did their job, big unlimited government which ALWAYS sucks but is adored by leftists, would not exist.

This is November 14th. Fox News has MORE VIEWERS than the next three put together. And somehow you complain about all those which say something different to Fox, but try and ignore Fox.

YOu ever hear of ABC, NBC, or CBS?

In order to get the "real" news anymore, it seems that one needs to absorb multiple sources and understand their motivations.

Also, just go to the source. If there is a discussion of a bill, find the bill and read it. Do your own research on the background of political candidates. Look for factual statements that can be verified.

For example, "Donald Trump is racist" is not a fact. It's an opinion. Research why he is being called a racist and determine for yourself if he is racist.

image.jpeg

And the rest of the old media...all leftist...but that damn Fox News

Weather, where did you get the idea that MSM is biased? Could it be from a smear campaign born in a political nominee campaign together with fake news sites? I ask because the MSM's so called anti-Trump campaign consisted 99% in running clips of Trump's campaign speeches. And it is clear to me you prefer the fake news sites because of your nearly orgasmic thrill of stories like how protesters held up ambulance causing the death of a patient. It is as though the old chain Emails of the Bush admin got updated. Remember the old one about how Democrats campaigned to remove crosses from all national cemeteries, or how our active combat troops in Iraq were forbidden to offer up Christian prayers before going on a mission? Wasn't that the opening salvo in Fox's "War on Christianity" used off season when the "War on Christmas" wasn't didn't play as well as in winter?

Yeah.

Yeah.

Yet you don't bother including them in your claim that Fox is so HUGE.

Yeah.

NBC is there. I showed it, it had 270 in prime time.

And you can moan that I didn't mention ABC or CBS, well I found the statistics I found, I presented my case, you've tried to come back, not with other statistics that disprove what I've said, no, you've just said "why didn't you mention NBC", when I did. You want to make your case against mine. Fine. I'll work with that. You want to throw single sentences at me and do no work yourself. You can go find someone who's more receptive to that nonsense.

You believe in polls now?

Yeah.

And you can moan that I didn't mention ABC or CBS, well I found the statistics I found, I presented my case, you've tried to come back, not with other statistics that disprove what I've said, no, you've just said "why didn't you mention NBC", when I did. You want to make your case against mine. Fine. I'll work with that. You want to throw single sentences at me and do no work yourself. You can go find someone who's more receptive to that nonsense.

YOu are only comparing Fox to other cable services, as though that was the whole of the media, ignoring broadcast networks, newspapers, magazines, ect, ect. ect.

I tried to find a more comprehensive comparison. I could not find any.

It would serve the lefty narrative to maintain the illusion of equal voices.

Yeah.

YOu are only comparing Fox to other cable services, as though that was the whole of the media, ignoring broadcast networks, newspapers, magazines, ect, ect. ect.

There aren't equal voices?

1) Everyone and anyone can start up their own TV channel. They can make their own news channel. Is this not so?
2) People can choose which TV news to watch. Is this not so?
3) The right watch Fox. It's the only large scale right wing news outlet on TV, the left choose different channels. Is this not so?
4) Having MORE channels from the left, but with less overall viewers, does not mean there isn't "equal voices".

Fox News - Wikipedia

"As of February 2015, approximately 94,700,000 American households (81.4% of cable, satellite & telco customers) receive the Fox News Channel."

So, 94.7 million viewers COULD watch Fox News if they chose to. That's out of 115 million households. Total Number of U.S. Households

So, most of the population has the choice to watch this, those who can't probably don't want to as they probably could buy a TV package that includes Fox. I don't watch TV, I don't have a TV package at all.

So what is your point here? That it's all biased? That people can't get the information they want? Oh, come off it, access to the internet is 100%, some just choose not to use it, they can go to a public library.

Yes, TV channels are biased, yes, there are left wing and there is Fox. Both are biased towards one party or the other. So what?

Yeah.

1) Everyone and anyone can start up their own TV channel. They can make their own news channel. Is this not so?
3) The right watch Fox. It's the only large scale right wing news outlet on TV, the left choose different channels. Is this not so?
4) Having MORE channels from the left, but with less overall viewers, does not mean there isn't "equal voices".

Fox News - Wikipedia

"As of February 2015, approximately 94,700,000 American households (81.4% of cable, satellite & telco customers) receive the Fox News Channel."

So, 94.7 million viewers COULD watch Fox News if they chose to. That's out of 115 million households. Total Number of U.S. Households

So, most of the population has the choice to watch this, those who can't probably don't want to as they probably could buy a TV package that includes Fox. I don't watch TV, I don't have a TV package at all.

So what is your point here? That it's all biased? That people can't get the information they want? Oh, come off it, access to the internet is 100%, some just choose not to use it, they can go to a public library.

Yes, TV channels are biased, yes, there are left wing and there is Fox. Both are biased towards one party or the other. So what?

1. Everyone can not start up a TV channel. That you open with a lie is telling.

2. The question is not whether they have control over the channel, but whether the odds are that they will be exposed to propaganda dishonestly labeled as news.

3. Your assumption that the Right all watch Fox news is unsupported. Indeed, your own numbers shows 20% of households without cable.

4. IF the news industries are almost universally dominated by biased lefty sources, (and it is) that is a real problem for our nation.

5. It is good that more and more people are realizing that, and having more and more contempt for the media, but that is just identifying the problem, not solving it.

Fox News - Wikipedia

1. Everyone can not start up a TV channel. That you open with a lie is telling.

2. The question is not whether they have control over the channel, but whether the odds are that they will be exposed to propaganda dishonestly labeled as news.

3. Your assumption that the Right all watch Fox news is unsupported. Indeed, your own numbers shows 20% of households without cable.

4. IF the news industries are almost universally dominated by biased lefty sources, (and it is) that is a real problem for our nation.

5. It is good that more and more people are realizing that, and having more and more contempt for the media, but that is just identifying the problem, not solving it.

How is 1 a lie? There's not point in telling me something is a lie, without backing yourself up.

2. Well, the chances that someone will be exposed to biased news is about 100%, the question is who is doing the news. Fox will be biased one way, the others the other way.

3. I didn't say all the people on the right watch Fox, now did I?

4. So, if the media is based on left wing sources, then the question needs to be asked why the right are so fucking lazy as to not go out and do their own news. But I don't think you have any evidence that the news industry is based on left wing sources. Or do you?

5. People don't have contempt for the media. They have contempt for what doesn't fit their desired view of the world.

Forum List

Back