Post-Election Poll: 78 Percent Say Media Coverage Was Biased

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
In other news, 22% of America lives in a cave.

Eight in 10 voters — 78 percent — say media coverage during the 2016 presidential election was biased, with 59 percent saying the press favored Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump, according to a post-election Media Research Center poll.
Roughly one-third, 32 percent, of Clinton voters believe the press was “pro-Clinton.”

Ninety-seven percent said they did not allow any of the bias from the media to impact their vote. Sixty-nine percent of voters say the media is not honest and truthful.

Media Research Center President Brent Bozell says the poll shows the press is in “panic mode” after Trump’s victory.

“The media are in full panic mode because the American people rejected their leftist agenda — and them. People didn’t believe the nonsense that the media were politically neutral. Even a third of Hillary’s supporters believe they were pro-Hillary!” Bozell stated in a press release, adding:

“When you have a strong majority of actual voters saying the national ‘news’ media were biased in favor of Hillary Clinton and tried to influence the public to vote for her; and believing they are fundamentally dishonest, you have a major problem that can’t be fixed with an apology. The public has rejected this institution as being either objective or truthful. There is an institutional bias at major media networks that must be repaired and I am highly skeptical that news executives are interested or capable of undertaking this responsibility.

Despite the overwhelming and persistent bias of this cycle in particular, I am heartened by the fact that, according to our poll, the American people didn’t let it sway their vote. If this isn’t a wakeup call for the left-wing media to stay out of politics, I don’t know what is.”

The MRC/YouGov poll questioned 2,006 voters online from Nov. 9 to Nov. 10

Eight in 10 voters — 78 percent — say media coverage during the 2016 presidential election was biased, with 59 percent saying the press favored Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump, according to a post-election Media Research Center poll.
Roughly one-third, 32 percent, of Clinton voters believe the press was “pro-Clinton.”

Ninety-seven percent said they did not allow any of the bias from the media to impact their vote. Sixty-nine percent of voters say the media is not honest and truthful.

Media Research Center President Brent Bozell says the poll shows the press is in “panic mode” after Trump’s victory.

“The media are in full panic mode because the American people rejected their leftist agenda — and them. People didn’t believe the nonsense that the media were politically neutral. Even a third of Hillary’s supporters believe they were pro-Hillary!” Bozell stated in a press release, adding:

“When you have a strong majority of actual voters saying the national ‘news’ media were biased in favor of Hillary Clinton and tried to influence the public to vote for her; and believing they are fundamentally dishonest, you have a major problem that can’t be fixed with an apology. The public has rejected this institution as being either objective or truthful. There is an institutional bias at major media networks that must be repaired and I am highly skeptical that news executives are interested or capable of undertaking this responsibility.

Despite the overwhelming and persistent bias of this cycle in particular, I am heartened by the fact that, according to our poll, the American people didn’t let it sway their vote. If this isn’t a wakeup call for the left-wing media to stay out of politics, I don’t know what is.”

That mantra was part of the pre-emptive whine, together with the 'rigged' snivel. Neither was ever true.

Biased? Didn't Trump go out to make himself hated, and make himself the anti-establishment guy. Was it the media that was biased, or Trump playing the media?

Biased? Didn't Trump go out to make himself hated, and make himself the anti-establishment guy. Was it the media that was biased, or Trump playing the media?

Now the elite MSM is pissed Trump went out to dinner last night without the press pool...too funny. They are screaming about the need for the press pool to protect the First Amendment and the American people....WTF...they were exposed as liars and colluding with the Clinton campaign. They have NO CREDIBILITY.

MSLSD on Morning Joke is having their usual hissy fit. Liberals...ugh!

Both.

Now the elite MSM is pissed Trump went out to dinner last night without the press pool...too funny. They are screaming about the need for the press pool to protect the First Amendment and the American people....WTF...they were exposed as liars and colluding with the Clinton campaign. They have NO CREDIBILITY.

He's no longer a private citizen. How is it all the other presidents, even Dubya, could get it, but Trump can't? He wanted the job, now he doesn't?

Both.

And does a private company have to be non-biased?

He's no longer a private citizen. How is it all the other presidents, even Dubya, could get it, but Trump can't? He wanted the job, now he doesn't?
Clearly you don't get it. The elite MSM is an extension of the D party. They have no interest in fair reporting to inform the American people.

Both.

We will file that under Halliburton.

Clearly you don't get it. The elite MSM is an extension of the D party. They have no interest in fair reporting to inform the American people.

I really think YOU don't get it.

Fox news? More people watch Fox News than all the others put together. They have no interest in fair reporting either. They're businesses, the people aren't INTERESTED in fair reporting, they want to hear what they want to hear.

Both.

Oh, the United States of Halliburton?

Both.

Oh, the United States of Halliburton?
Suddenly the amnesia returns in every leftists head.

I really think YOU don't get it.

Fox news? More people watch Fox News than all the others put together. They have no interest in fair reporting either. They're businesses, the people aren't INTERESTED in fair reporting, they want to hear what they want to hear.
Why have you cited Fox News...why must lefties always do that?

If the MSM did their job, big unlimited government which ALWAYS sucks but is adored by leftists, would not exist.

Fox News is not fair and balanced election media.

It is an information and entertainment business, registered as such.

As a result of the faux lefty media outrage because Trump dared do something without them, listened to Chris Plante today recap the various times Barry and Bubba had also given them the slip when they didn't want the pukes around either, but of course they didn't react with a meltdown towards either of them. What a bunch of phony bastards.

Only question now (unless I've already missed it) is how soon will we be hearing about...Trumps war on the media!

Fox News is not fair and balanced election media.

It is an information and entertainment business, registered as such.
I thought for sure you would believe Fox News to be a radical Alt-right wing network. Good for you Jake...you aren't completely nuts.

Both.

No one is non-biased dingleberry.

Both.

If they admit that they are nothing but a private biased company? NO.

If they dishonestly present themselves as anything more, like the 4th Estate, or an objective reporting or news, or worthy of special privilege or treatment because of what they do?

Then YES. Or they need to be called on their bullshit. CONSTANTLY.

Forum List

Back