Possible revolution in Iran? Both sides are claiming victory!

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
80%--millions came out in Iran today to cast their vote.

With 68% of the vote in Ajmenjenadad is claiming victory--with the government claiming he has a wide lead with more than 2/3's of the vote--which seems very questionable to me. Opposition Mussawi (sorry for the spelling) is also claiming that he has won--claiming fraud & questioning the ballot count. (Wouldn't surprise me in the least.)

Of course, we want Mussawi as he would be more willing to work with the United States--but both have promised to keep their nuclear projects continuing.

Watching the news--it looks to me that the loss to Mussawi may finally stir this country into a revolution. He has called for his supporters to get into the streets. Over the last several decades since the Shaw of Iran was kicked out the Mullahs really run this country & have used Ajmenjenadad & others as their public spokes people & puppets.

But--I am hopeful that this is it. I am hoping that Iranians get so enraged about this that they take the Mullahs & throw their butt rule out too.

Tomorrow is the final count on the vote. One has to win by 50%. If not--they do a re-do next week. Personally I don't think this is going to make it to next week.

Your thoughts?

Online news, breaking news, feature stories and more - ABC News

Last edited:
Imadingyslob will win, it was pre ordained.

There can be no 'reform' in Iran until they overthrow the Mullahs who stole the 1979 revolution from the young and turned it into a religious struggle.

Last I heard , 5 million votes still left to be counted and the incumbent radical muslim was declared the loser to a brand new radical muslim... go figure...

There can be no 'reform' in Iran until they overthrow the Mullahs who stole the 1979 revolution from the young and turned it into a religious struggle.
20% unemployment, 30% inflation, only 1/3 of the 1.2 million college graduates per year in Iran can find jobs and something like 70% of the population is under 35 .... don't think it'll be long before the "young" in Iran decide it's time to take the Mu outta the Mullahs..... all we need to do is sit back and wait. ;)

P.S. and oh yeah while we're waiting, we can pull a Castro and ship all our illegal aliens over to Iran for a nice vacation..... :tongue:

Last I heard , 5 million votes still left to be counted and the incumbent radical muslim was declared the loser to a brand new radical muslim... go figure...

20% unemployment, 30% inflation, only 1/3 of the 1.2 million college graduates per year in Iran can find jobs and something like 70% of the population is under 35 .... don't think it'll be long before the "young" in Iran decide it's time to take the Mu outta the Mullahs..... all we need to do is sit back and wait. ;)

P.S. and oh yeah while we're waiting, we can pull a Castro and ship all our illegal aliens over to Iran for a nice vacation..... :tongue:

Fox was intereviewing one young female voter in Iran today--she spoke English well--she is voting for Massawi--& stated that she had actually been arrested 3 times in Iran for simply wearing western wear.

When the Shaw was in power--you could look at a street in Iran & the way the women were dressed--you would have thought you were looking at main street--U.S.A.

Thats the difference that the Mulla's have made. I would sure like to see them gone--if they're gone--1/2 our troubles in the middle east are gone too.--

Fox was intereviewing one young female voter in Iran today--she spoke English well--she is voting for Massawi--& stated that she had actually been arrested 3 times in Iran for simply wearing western wear.

When the Shaw was in power--you could look at a street in Iran & the way the women were dressed--you would have thought you were looking at main street--U.S.A.

Thats the difference that the Mulla's have made. I would sure like to see them gone--if they're gone--1/2 our troubles in the middle east are gone too.--

You bring up some good points Oreo, however the Shah was a ruthless tyrant in many ways and the Mullahs are ruthless tyrants in many ways... my hope for the people of Iran is that they can find a middle ground that will allow the long suffering people of that Nation a chance to realize the benefits of what the liberty of the individual over the power of the state concept has to offer for the prosperity of their and their children's lives, god only knows they deserve it. Maybe if they are determined enough to earn it some of them can come over to the good ole' USA and teach the lefties what's it's all about.

i think none of you clowns have any business deciding who Iranians should have for their leaders

we didn't ask Iran whether they wanted Obama or McCain

i think none of you clowns have any business deciding who Iranians should have for their leaders

we didn't ask Iran whether they wanted Obama or McCain

random.jpg

Forum List

Back