Massive pro-reform protest in Tehran, Iran

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Chris, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    In the biggest protest ever since the Islamic revolution 30 years ago, hundreds of thousands of people showed up to support Mir Hossein Mousavi, the pro-reform candidate. This is just two days before the election day.

The protestered walked towards the "Azadi" (Freedom) monument which has been a symbol of Tehran for a long time. While one would see supporters of Ahmadi-nejad here and there (the last two photos), the whole scene was dominated by color green, which represents the "green movement" of reform - a symbolic gesture of Mousavi's supporters.

Massive pro-reform protest in Tehran, Iran - iReport.com

2. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    The "Obama effect"? Ahmadinejad seemed just as willing to embrace Obama, or for that matter, Bush.

3. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    First Pakistan drives the Taliban out of the Swat Valley.

Then Hezbollah loses the election in Lebanon and now the hardliners are losing in Iran.

The extremists no longer have the cartoonish Bush-Cheney to rail against, and therefore are losing their political power.

This is the Obama Effect.

4. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    yup all because Obama happens to be president. you fucking douchebag.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,152
    Ha.Ha.--Ajmujenadad--has been in trouble in Iran for about 3 years now--& has lost much popularity with the population in general--as most Iranians are considered "moderate." But no matter who wins--the extreme radical Mullahs still control Iran--Ajmujenadad is just a puppet--the next elected will be the same--if he doesn't win. However, the latest poll I saw indicated that Ajmujendad will win the election. We'll see.

To add--the same author of this post is still talking about Lebanon- -thinking that some kind of change happened there because they didn't vote in Hezbolah. What the author of this post does not realise--is that Lebanon has been for many years run by an American favored coalition. In fact, in would have been the extraordinary if Hezbolah won a majority in Parliment. NO CHANGE HERE.

I think a little foreign history lesson is in order for this poster? He obviously is very new to it.

Right now I am waiting for the author of this post to pop up with a story on how Obama parted the waters.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  6. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    are the mullahs more radical than a-jad?

7. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Amusing post. What the author of the above post doesn't realize is that Hezbollah was winning in the polls in Lebanon until Obama made his speech in Cairo.

Likewise, it would have been impossible politically for the government of Pakistan to go after the Taliban, if Bush-Vader was still in power.

Not having a cartoonish cowboy opponent has weakened the extremists. Bush-Vader was the extremist's greatest recruiter. Now they are gone, and the extremists power will now crumble.

Words have power.

I think a little foreign history lesson is in order for you, my friend.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick."

I love the fact that you right wing nuts can't stand it that Obama is destroying the extremist's power base.

8. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    obama farted yesterday and there was a typhoon and an earthquake on the other side of the world

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,152

You got a link to Hezbollah EVER being ahead in the polls? I would like to see that one. The entire point is there was no CHANGE in the government of Lebanon--for the past many years the government of Lebanon was & has been the SAME. Yet you want to give Obama credit for it. Hezbollah has never been in control of the government of Lebanon--they only act as terrorist guerilla occupation of Lebanon-- because they have a much stronger militia than the government of Lebanon & are backed by Syria & Iran.

Again--Ajmajenadad--has been in trouble for several years. Yet, a news report out shows that he is still leading in the polls. So now you're trying to give credit to Obama before the election has even been held.

As far as Pakistan. The military in Pakistan is filled with Taliban sympathizers. Al Queda & the Taliban as before during the Bush years--once the military envaded their terrority--the swat zone--they started bombing civilian areas in large cities. The government of Pakistan backed off out of fear. You're way to soon here--to give Obama credit for that--especially after a horrendous terrorist bombing over the weekend.

You may believe that because we have a President whose name is Barack Husien Obama--that everyone in the world is just going to walk through the park holding hands now. Or you possibly believe that he is "some kind of GOD"--but I don't believe it. And I am certainly not going to let someone like you try & take certain COMMON incidents & shove them down my throat through ignorant--uninformed statements trying to make me believe that just because Obama is now our 6 month President-- that he had something to do with these COMMON instances.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  10. Ame®icano

Ame®icano Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,250
    Why would be impossible?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1