Popular movies you have never seen

Must see movies:
Close Encounters
No Country For Old Men (violent, but well crafted)
Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan
2001 A Space Oddity

I haven't seen The Artist, Argo, or Birdman. All on the list but there are so many to see.

Still hate The Exorcist....horrible overacting
Close Enconters...30 minutes of story stretched to 2 1/2 hours
No Country.....haven't seen
Schindlers List....Great movie
Saving Private Ryan.....Great opening 30 minutes, the rest could be any other war movie
2001.... Horribly overrated, stupid storyline

The Sound of Music
All Star War movies except the first one
All Rocky movies except the first one
All Star Trek movies but the first one
Anything else with Sylvester Stallone
Anything with Arnold Schwarzenegger
The Indiana Jones movies
All the Jaws movies
Any movie that features an exploding helicopter in the trailer
All movies with Burt Reynolds, excpt Deliverance
Titanic
I wish I could add Gone with the Wind, but I am from Atlanta, and there is a law that says that you have to sit through it.

Still hate The Exorcist....horrible overacting
Close Enconters...30 minutes of story stretched to 2 1/2 hours
No Country.....haven't seen
Schindlers List....Great movie
Saving Private Ryan.....Great opening 30 minutes, the rest could be any other war movie
2001.... Horribly overrated, stupid storyline

Close Encounters is a masterpiece.

And dissing 2001 by Stanley Kubrick? (takes off fine leather glove on on left hand, smacks rightwinger in the cheek) I challenge you sir, to a duel of pistols at 10 paces in the courtyard! Most don't understand much of 2001 as Kubrick made that as visual poetry. The ideas are quite hidden in plain site. But no worries, everyone has their own tastes.

And yes, if you aren't averse to violence in a film No Country is a must see. Javier Bardem well deserved the Oscar for that.

For Vandals you have to see the 2nd Star Trek film, certainly the best Star Trek film that has come out. And good lord you never saw Jaws?

What dimension is this again?

2001?
Monkeys beating bones? How profound
So much less there than implied

Close Encounters...Look ma...I built the Devils Tower out of mashed potatoes...what could it mean?

2001?

Close Encounters...Look ma...I built the Devils Tower out of mashed potatoes...what could it mean?

Monkey's beating bones? Did you see the rest? The monkeys got much better bones later on. lol

2001?

Monkey's beating bones? Did you see the rest? The monkeys got much better bones later on. lol
Yes...Hal was so imposing
who could have thought of such a thing?

Any Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter

Almost all of the Super Hero movies

I don't even know what the popular movies are nowadays. The last time I went to a movie theatre was about 8 years ago and that was because I was alone in a foreign city and only had the local foreign language TV programs in my hotel. I went to seen an English language movie.

I haven't seen a movie in a theatre, except that one, in maybe 20 years. I refuse to spend $15 to see a movie. I wait until they are on TV, but most, 99% don't appeal to me. Someone told me to hook up with one of those free movies sites and I checked into it. Spent about an hour looking for something that appealed to me and didn't find anything. Gave up on that BS.

For $15 or less I can get a good book. I mostly watch BBC television, not American television. Most Hollywood movies are just awful. I don’t know what the current popular American/Hollywood movies are. Didn’t see Slumdog Millionaire. Haven’t seen an Oscar movie in years and years. Even on TV, when it’s free, I might check up on one but don’t watch the whole thing because they are generally awful. What’s popular is not what’s popular with me.

Never saw My Fair Lady and saw only a few minutes of Pretty Woman. The premise of Pretty Woman is just so far out there.

Forum List

Back