Popular movies you have never seen

^^^ Because I am not into films that are classified as chick flicks, just about every one that there is would be on my list too.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I have seen the Titanic film though. I only watched it so that I could say that I've seen it without lying.

Frozen
Wreck It Ralph
Any of the Matrix, Star Trek or Superman movies

Are their any popular movies you haven't seen?

Me:

Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
Footloose
Titanic

I haven't seen those either. Caught a few minutes of Jurassic Park on TV once...couldn't get into it.

Titanic...don't tell me...the ship sinks???

I never saw 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'...a pretty big movie when I was growing up. Missing anything?

I refuse to watch any movie with Sean Penn or any outspoken actor/director that has proven himself to be a supremely ignorant asshole.

On the other hand, I recently watched the 1939 classic 'Stagecoach'. What a wonderful movie. Highly recommended.

That is EXACTLY how I feel about movies or musicians or TV shows.

I refuse to watch or listen to ANY "entertainer" who infuses his political beliefs into his acting or singing, or who is outspoken about them when he is not "entertaining".

SHUT UP and act, or SHUT up and sing. Otherwise, I don't care what entertainers think about politics or pollution or conspiracy theories or abortion or gay rights or any of that other stuff.

Do what the leftists do. Get all of your political information from Jon Stewart, or that turd who is replacing Letterman. :lol:

As for Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, it's definitely worth watching. If you can find a copy of it, watch it. An "oldie but a goodie".

Probably most of the films that have won Best Picture in the last 10 years

•2013 - "12 Years a Slave" Nope

•2012 - "Argo" Sucked

•2011 - "The Artist" Nope

•2010 - "The King's Speech" OK, but not great

•2009 - "The Hurt Locker" Nope

•2008 - "Slumdog Millionaire" Good movie

•2007 - "No Country for Old Men" Nope

•2006 - "The Departed" No big deal

•2005 - "Crash" Nope

•2004 - "Million Dollar Baby" Enjoyed it

The Hurt Locker was great.

Never saw the Kings Speech or 12 years a slave.... or no country for old men. ... or The Artist....

but academy award winners aren't always the popular films.

•2012 - "Argo" Sucked

•2005 - "Crash" Nope

Never saw the Kings Speech or 12 years a slave.... or no country for old men. ... or The Artist....

They are not always popular before they win but get quite a bit of airtime once they have won best picture

I think most are hit or miss. I find that when the critics give their lists of best and worst pictures of the year that I enjoy the movies that are on the list of worst picture more

•2012 - "Argo" Sucked

•2005 - "Crash" Nope

Just saw 12 years a slave. It was good. No country for old men was weird.

1) Star Wars
2) any Harry Potter film
3) The Blues Brothers
4) any Spider-Man film
5) any of the new Batman films
6) Raging Bull
7) pretty woman
8) Cocoon
9) Alien any of them
10) godfather 2, 3
11) sent of a woman
12) Indiana jones any of them
13) any Star Trek film

Last edited:
I've never seen any of the GodFather or Hangover movies.

I saw about 10 minutes of Titanic, and turned it off. Bleah.

I refuse to watch any movie with Sean Penn or any outspoken actor/director that has proven himself to be a supremely ignorant asshole.

But you'll still watch Reagan movies, Gary Sinise movies, William Devane movies, Bo Derek movies, Charlton Heston movies, Clint Eastwood movies, Ron Silver movies...

ruh roh

I've been back on the grid for only a couple of years so my list would be far too long. I'd love to see more than a few listed here.

JESUS CHRIST!!! Toy Story? Jurassic Park??? FREAKING STAR WARS????????

What in the WORLD are you people doing online??? Go! NOW! Get out of here and get to the store!!!

I have tried my hardest to watch Jurassic Park...cannot get through the first 15 minutes.

And yet, I've watched it over and over and over again. Having grown up on movies where they used lizards over toy cities for special effects, Jurassic Park still has me mesmerized.

But you'll still watch Reagan movies, Gary Sinise movies, William Devane movies, Bo Derek movies, Charlton Heston movies, Clint Eastwood movies, Ron Silver movies...

BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED

They don't understand us in the so called middle. Not that we are squishy squashy. We are very studied. But we can't be pegged.

What in the WORLD are you people doing online??? Go! NOW! Get out of here and get to the store!!!

I have tried my hardest to watch Jurassic Park...cannot get through the first 15 minutes.

And yet, I've watched it over and over and over again. Having grown up on movies where they used lizards over toy cities for special effects, Jurassic Park still has me mesmerized.

My husband is like a super science guy and he still just sits there and loves being taken away in the movie.

I think it is more of a personal dislike for Jeff Goldblum. There is something about him and his acting style that irks me.

Forum List

Back