Pompeo verbally assaulted an NPR reporter.

He was pissed off because he couldn't answer the questions.

Audio at the link.

Pompeo explodes at NPR reporter, asks if she could find Ukraine on a map

"Verbally Assaulted"?

Is that something like "hurting a snowflakes feelings"?

Or maybe "not taking someone's bullshit"?

View attachment 302364

Apparently these folks never recited the old preschool adage "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." These must have been the kids that cried and called for the teacher whenever a classmate said something that hurt their feelings.

It doesn't matter. He's the Secretary of State. You know, a position in government that used to have credibility and authority. He's responsible for our image as nation to our allies...and our enemies. Honestly, if he wants to take the heat off Trump and his lousy decisions, he could at least try and maintain some dignity of his position when addressing members of the media. Can you imagine Colin Powell or Condoleezza Rice responding in the same way that this hayseed hack does?

I hadn't listened to the audio when I posted that, and I'm guessing you haven't either. See post 50 and listen to the linked audio file, and let me know if you still think there's any merit to the characterization of his answers as "irate" or "exploding."

I did listen to the audio and I maintain my opinion. You are the Secretary of State. You should be above and beyond a response like this.

tRump will be attempting to steal another election.

I can't wait!

ap-election-hillary-supporters-cry-ps-161108_16x9_992.jpg

"Shit..did I leave the stove on?"

Audio at the link.

Good! Trump has laid the roadmap on how to deal with the biased leftist media and some conservatives have had the balls to stand up to them. I hope when Trump is gone in another 4 years the it will continue but I doubt it. They'll go back to letting the media dictate their positions.

What was biased about it? Did you listen to the interview?
Of course he didn't. That would require effort and thought. Neither one are strong points for the tRumplings here.

Audio at the link.

That was an "explosion"? You clowns need to grow some spine if you think that that is an explosion.
You didn't read the link.

I listened to the audio, dumbass.
Did you read the link? some isn't on the audio.

Yeah, hearsay. I hate to break it to ya, but there have been so many lies reported that if there is no name it is simple bullshit. Is that simple enough for you?

Audio at the link.

Pompeo simply "spoke." Ahh, the left's language when someone uses the freedom of speech which they don't want, "assault, explodes."
All the left need to move to China, Cuba, or North Korea, where everybody speaks very carefully, as no one has the freedom of speech and every block of a town has a informer in case you should you say anything that counters what the government wants you to say.
No, he didn't. Read the link.

Audio at the link.

"Verbally Assaulted"?

View attachment 302364

Apparently these folks never recited the old preschool adage "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." These must have been the kids that cried and called for the teacher whenever a classmate said something that hurt their feelings.

It doesn't matter. He's the Secretary of State. You know, a position in government that used to have credibility and authority. He's responsible for our image as nation to our allies...and our enemies. Honestly, if he wants to take the heat off Trump and his lousy decisions, he could at least try and maintain some dignity of his position when addressing members of the media. Can you imagine Colin Powell or Condoleezza Rice responding in the same way that this hayseed hack does?

I hadn't listened to the audio when I posted that, and I'm guessing you haven't either. See post 50 and listen to the linked audio file, and let me know if you still think there's any merit to the characterization of his answers as "irate" or "exploding."

I did listen to the audio and I maintain my opinion. You are the Secretary of State. You should be above and beyond a response like this.

Here is what he said:

"I've defended every single person on this team. I've done what's right for every person on this team."​

His tone was not elevated. He did not cut her off when she interrupted him, and waited for her to finish her question after interrupting.

If you think that was an "assault," "explosive," an "irate" tone, or an objectively inappropriate answer, then you either did not listen to it (despite claiming you did) or you are speaking out of blind partisanship. I have criticized posters on both sides for posting articles in support of positions when the claims in articles were disproportionate or outright inconsistent with the referenced facts. When people are incapable of doing the same, I have nothing else to say, other than to make note that that person is another among the blind partisans on this board (a group which includes the OP, who regularly disappears when I take the time to factually outline objective inaccuracies in stated positions or cited articles). I have not encountered you yet, but you seem to be falling squarely in that category based on this.

Audio at the link.

"Verbally Assaulted"?

View attachment 302364

You have to read the link.

Audio at the link.

"Verbally Assaulted"?

View attachment 302364

Here is what he said:

"I've defended every single person on this team. I've done what's right for every person on this team."​

His tone was not elevated. He did not cut her off when she interrupted him, and waited for her to finish her question after interrupting.

If you think that was an "assault," "explosive," an "irate" tone, or an objectively inappropriate answer, then you either did not listen to it (despite claiming you did) or you are speaking out of blind partisanship. I have criticized posters on both sides for posting articles in support of positions when the claims in articles were disproportionate or outright inconsistent with the referenced facts. When people are incapable of doing the same, I have nothing else to say, other than to make note that that person is another among the blind partisans on this board (a group which includes the OP, who regularly disappears when I take the time to factually outline objective inaccuracies in stated positions or cited articles). I have not encountered you yet, but you seem to be falling squarely in that category based on this.
He stormed out, then invited her to his living room where he shouted .and cursed at her.

That's a verbal assault, like it or not.

Audio at the link.

"Verbally Assaulted"?

View attachment 302364

You have to read the link.

I read all of it, and even went to the Morning Edition twitter page and did my own review, listening to several audio clips. Anyone familiar with my posts would acknowledge that I am well apprised on the facts available from a variety of sources before posting on a given subject, instead of regurgitating a single article by a journalist, especially when that journalist is characterizing a person's tone and demeanor. Chalk it up to my professional training in federal court, where those types of characterizations are inadmissible, requiring us to closely scrutinize the actual statements and use objective descriptors.

Audio at the link.

I think everyone should read the following, and listen to the referenced audio file

Pompeo grew increasingly irate when Kelly pressed him on his failure to speak out in defense of Yovanovitch after relentless public attacks on her professionalism and character led to her removal.

“Can you point me toward your remarks where you have defended Marie Yovanovitch?” Kelly asked.

“I've said all I'm going to say today,” Pompeo answered. “Thank you. Thanks for the repeated opportunity to do so. I appreciate that.”

Here is the link to the audio of that exchange:

Morning Edition on Twitter (@0:40 of the audio clip)

After listening, how many of you actually agree that Pompeo's tone there is accurately be described as "irate"

Pffft. :auiqs.jpg:

The president wanted her out. End of story.

Obviously. Trump was promised help with his campaign if he just got rid of one pesky ambassador. Anyone would make that trade to get reelected.
:auiqs.jpg:

Audio at the link.

I think everyone should read the following, and listen to the referenced audio file

Pompeo grew increasingly irate when Kelly pressed him on his failure to speak out in defense of Yovanovitch after relentless public attacks on her professionalism and character led to her removal.

“Can you point me toward your remarks where you have defended Marie Yovanovitch?” Kelly asked.

“I've said all I'm going to say today,” Pompeo answered. “Thank you. Thanks for the repeated opportunity to do so. I appreciate that.”

After listening, how many of you actually agree that Pompeo's tone there is accurately be described as "irate"

Obviously. Trump was promised help with his campaign if he just got rid of one pesky ambassador. Anyone would make that trade to get reelected.

Dig deeper friend. The superficial explanation is often not correct

Trump's guys need to avoid cameras for a few days until the impeachment trial is over.
The MSM is going nuts because they know that Trump will be acquitted and will win in November.
Everyone knows he will be acquitted, the republican senators have been told a bite against tRump guarantees their head on a pike.

He won't be re-elected though.

Who will beat him?

Biden is the best they’ve got. The Democrats themselves can’t get behind Sanders. Warren just shit the bed in Iowa by laughing at a working man paying for his child to go to college.

It that case they are indeed as good as dead right now. Why even go through all the fuss and bother of an election if it's already decided. Let's skip right to the inauguration and the demodipshits can get an early start screaming at the sky and bawling their eyes out.

Audio at the link.

Morning Edition on Twitter (@0:40 - 0:53 of the audio clip)

After listening, how many of you actually agree that Pompeo's tone there is accurately described as "irate."

She's lucky he didn't get pissed off enough at the annoying bitch to take off his shoe and beat her with it.

Audio at the link.

Morning Edition on Twitter (@0:40 - 0:53 of the audio clip)

After listening, how many of you actually agree that Pompeo's tone there is accurately described as "irate."

She's lucky he didn't get pissed off enough at the annoying bitch to take off his shoe and beat her with it.
And there you have the vaunted republican respect for women.

Audio at the link.

There is no reason to waste time on made-up nonsense.

There is no reason to waste time on made-up nonsense.

Like how we made up Trump holding foreign aid?

Forum List

Back