Pompeo verbally assaulted an NPR reporter.

He was pissed off because he couldn't answer the questions.

Audio at the link.

Pompeo explodes at NPR reporter, asks if she could find Ukraine on a map

Pompeo has probably been wondering lately why he took this gig. Wonder if he called Tillerson before he did? But like everything that comes into Trump's orbit, there's no escaping the black hole that your credibility, integrity, and self respect get sucked into...not that Pompeo had any to begin with. I sincerely hope we see him as a witness. It would bring a smile to my face to see this worm turn...and for him to be one of the big three that buries Trump. The Senate still won't remove him. I have no illusions about that. But that's a big black eye going into November.

By March, after Schiff has been relegated to a footnote in history, President Trump and the Republicans will control the narrative.

Political ads will feature the Biden / Pelosi / Clinton corruption narrative and the use of the impeachment process as a petulant tantrum of political outrage.

I have a feeling Trump will take the public lash to the Democrats at the SOTU speech, following their three-time failure to bring him down. It's a good sized audience generally, and he has enough ammo to make them as laughable as a bagful of maniacal blobfish.

Hope his campaign has a savvy media team. The potential for entertaining ads is enormous.

The trailer for this upcoming campaign season is awesome ... I hope it's not disappointing.

PhantomManace2.jpg

"I have a bad feeling about this".

Audio at the link.

"Verbally Assaulted"?

Is that something like "hurting a snowflakes feelings"?

Or maybe "not taking someone's bullshit"?

View attachment 302364

Apparently these folks never recited the old preschool adage "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." These must have been the kids that cried and called for the teacher whenever a classmate said something that hurt their feelings.

Audio at the link.

Good! Trump has laid the roadmap on how to deal with the biased leftist media and some conservatives have had the balls to stand up to them. I hope when Trump is gone in another 4 years the it will continue but I doubt it. They'll go back to letting the media dictate their positions.

What was biased about it? Did you listen to the interview?

Audio at the link.

That was an "explosion"? You clowns need to grow some spine if you think that that is an explosion.

Ya...it was.

In this, his behavior was completely uncalled for. Honestly, sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade.

Mary Louise Kelly Interviews Secretary Of State Mike Pompeo
Mary Louise Kelly talking to All Things Considered co-host Ari Shapiro about the encounter Pompeo and his staff at the end of the interview:

I was taken to the Secretary's private living room where he was waiting and where he shouted at me for about same amount of time as the interview itself. He was not happy to have been questioned about Ukraine.

He asked, "do you think Americans care about Ukraine?"

He used the F-word in that sentence and many others. He asked if I could find Ukraine on a map. I said yes, and he called out for aides to bring us a map of the world with no writing. I pointed to Ukraine. He put the map away.

He said, "people will hear about this."

Biden was always the odds on favorite. Last gasp of the aging baby boomers. He's also the one Trump has the best shot against..mostly because he has the longest political and policy history. But Sanders has an outside shot. He's stuck to his guns for the last couple of decades. Don't count him out. If he's the nominee, Donnie is toast. Just look at Bernie's town hall on Fox "News".
Bernie?

Even Obama is trying to keep him from deep sixing the Democrats from being blown out in 2020 by Bernie.

I get that Quid Pro Joe, Pocahontas, and Bootyjugs are weak as dishwater....

But Sanders will make the Dukakis campaign look successful.

Audio at the link.

I think everyone should read the following, and listen to the referenced audio file

Pompeo grew increasingly irate when Kelly pressed him on his failure to speak out in defense of Yovanovitch after relentless public attacks on her professionalism and character led to her removal.

“Can you point me toward your remarks where you have defended Marie Yovanovitch?” Kelly asked.

“I've said all I'm going to say today,” Pompeo answered. “Thank you. Thanks for the repeated opportunity to do so. I appreciate that.”

Here is the link to the audio of that exchange:

Morning Edition on Twitter (@0:40 - 0:53 of the audio clip)

After listening, how many of you actually agree that Pompeo's tone there is accurately described as "irate."

Last edited:

Audio at the link.

"Verbally Assaulted"?

View attachment 302364

Apparently these folks never recited the old preschool adage "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." These must have been the kids that cried and called for the teacher whenever a classmate said something that hurt their feelings.

It doesn't matter. He's the Secretary of State. You know, a position in government that used to have credibility and authority. He's responsible for our image as nation to our allies...and our enemies. Honestly, if he wants to take the heat off Trump and his lousy decisions, he could at least try and maintain some dignity of his position when addressing members of the media. Can you imagine Colin Powell or Condoleezza Rice responding in the same way that this hayseed hack does?

Audio at the link.

I think everyone should read the following, and listen to the referenced audio file

Pompeo grew increasingly irate when Kelly pressed him on his failure to speak out in defense of Yovanovitch after relentless public attacks on her professionalism and character led to her removal.

“Can you point me toward your remarks where you have defended Marie Yovanovitch?” Kelly asked.

“I've said all I'm going to say today,” Pompeo answered. “Thank you. Thanks for the repeated opportunity to do so. I appreciate that.”

Morning Edition on Twitter (@0:40 of the audio clip)

After listening, how many of you actually agree that Pompeo's tone there is accurately be described as "irate"

Pffft. :auiqs.jpg:

The president wanted her out. End of story.

Audio at the link.

Pompeo simply "spoke." Ahh, the left's language when someone uses the freedom of speech which they don't want, "assault, explodes."
All the left need to move to China, Cuba, or North Korea, where everybody speaks very carefully, as no one has the freedom of speech and every block of a town has a informer in case you should you say anything that counters what the government wants you to say.

Audio at the link.

Morning Edition on Twitter (@0:40 of the audio clip)

After listening, how many of you actually agree that Pompeo's tone there is accurately be described as "irate"

Pffft. :auiqs.jpg:

The president wanted her out. End of story.

Obviously. Trump was promised help with his campaign if he just got rid of one pesky ambassador. Anyone would make that trade to get reelected.

Audio at the link.

"Verbally Assaulted"?

View attachment 302364

It doesn't matter. He's the Secretary of State. You know, a position in government that used to have credibility and authority. He's responsible for our image as nation to our allies...and our enemies. Honestly, if he wants to take the heat off Trump and his lousy decisions, he could at least try and maintain some dignity of his position when addressing members of the media. Can you imagine Colin Powell or Condoleezza Rice responding in the same way that this hayseed hack does?

I hadn't listened to the audio when I posted that, and I'm guessing you haven't either. See post 50 and listen to the linked audio file, and let me know if you still think there's any merit to the characterization of his answers as "irate" or "exploding."

Audio at the link.

Pompeo has probably been wondering lately why he took this gig. Wonder if he called Tillerson before he did? But like everything that comes into Trump's orbit, there's no escaping the black hole that your credibility, integrity, and self respect get sucked into...not that Pompeo had any to begin with. I sincerely hope we see him as a witness. It would bring a smile to my face to see this worm turn...and for him to be one of the big three that buries Trump. The Senate still won't remove him. I have no illusions about that. But that's a big black eye going into November.

By March, after Schiff has been relegated to a footnote in history, President Trump and the Republicans will control the narrative.

Political ads will feature the Biden / Pelosi / Clinton corruption narrative and the use of the impeachment process as a petulant tantrum of political outrage.

These ads will figure prominently in the swing states that Democrats ignored or insulted in the last election.

This is America, you ignore or insult 'fly-over states' to your political peril.
And every one of them will be a lie.

tRump will be attempting to steal another election.

I don't think he can do it without Putin's help though.

Forum List

Back