Polygamy Next Marriage to Legalize?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I know the antigay marriage crowd says the slippery slope will lead to adults marrying children, but if you now the case law on children consent, you know that it won't go there. Minors don't have the mental capacity to consent to such a relationship. But I digress.

Polygamy is getting challenged as we say and I have no doubt it will be legalized fairly soon. Should it be? Do you have an issue with it? No doubt there will soon be mail order 2nd wives from Easter Europe starting soon.

I don't see how with the gay marriage supreme court ruling that the courts can deny this. So is America ready for polygamy? Personally I wouldn't mind a 2nd 20 something wife!:dance:

I know the antigay marriage crowd says the slippery slope will lead to adults marrying children, but if you now the case law on children consent, you know that it won't go there. Minors don't have the mental capacity to consent to such a relationship. But I digress.

Polygamy is getting challenged as we say and I have no doubt it will be legalized fairly soon. Should it be? Do you have an issue with it? No doubt there will soon be mail order 2nd wives from Easter Europe starting soon.

I don't see how with the gay marriage supreme court ruling that the courts can deny this. So is America ready for polygamy? Personally I wouldn't mind a 2nd 20 something wife!:dance:
Yeah ask your wife about that one.
Yes we will get age of consent issues. In Europe age of consent is about 16, maybe younger in some places. There will be a push to lower it.
No, there are no restrictions on marriage that can stand scrutiny given the Court's assertion that all that matter is you love someone. Love is love.

Yes we will get age of consent issues. In Europe age of consent is about 16, maybe younger in some places. There will be a push to lower it.
No, there are no restrictions on marriage that can stand scrutiny given the Court's assertion that all that matter is you love someone. Love is love.

The "age of consent" in the US is already 16 in 31 states.

Legalized prostitution is next.

There are a lot of women that want to work but can't find good paying jobs!!:booze:

I bet they're all the red states. The same states that were the last to segregate. The same ones that were the last to allow inerracial marriage, and probably all of the confederacy is represented

I bet they're all the red states. The same states that were the last to segregate. The same ones that were the last to allow inerracial marriage, and probably all of the confederacy is represented

For the most part you're right, but there are plenty of exceptions to that rule.

I don't see how with the gay marriage supreme court ruling that the courts can deny this.

So what you are saying is you can't think of any reason why polygamous marriages should not be legal?

You have every right to call for the lowering of the age of consent.

Pursue your dream.

Doesn't mean it will happen- but you can pursue it.

I believe the law is consenting adults. I don't see it changing any more than statutory rape ages and laws changing.

On polygamy, I have already told her, when it becomes legal in IL, I am getting a bring home a 20 something Latina as a second wife. I will turn my office into her room. Small price to pay!

We will see a gazillion threads on this. Couldn't we have just one thread? And NOT in Politics?

Does the OP mean polygamy? Polyandry? Polygyny? Plural marriage?

In any event, between consenting adults and harming no one - have at it. Marry a bridge if you want to. It won't make any more difference to our culture than same sex marriage will.

Another thread on this -

CDZ - Do you support polygamy US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

We will see a gazillion threads on this. Couldn't we have just one thread? And NOT in Politics?

In any event, between consenting adults and harming no one - have at it. Marry a bridge if you want to. It won't make any more difference to our culture than same sex marriage will.

Another thread on this -

Plural marriage of consenting adults.

How is it not politics?

I don't see how with the gay marriage supreme court ruling that the courts can deny this.

So what you are saying is you can't think of any reason why polygamous marriages should not be legal?
I am saying I can't see the anti-polygamy laws surviving this Supreme Court, after the gay marriage ruling.

Why?

How do you think the Obergefell v. Hodges decision would apply to polygamy? Be specific.

It opens the definition of marriage to all sorts of chilling scenarios. Next time you see a couple of hairy transvestites with wedding rings think of the possibilities in the brave new world of liberalism.

It opens the definition of marriage to all sorts of chilling scenarios. Next time you see a couple of hairy transvestites with wedding rings think of the possibilities in the brave new world of liberalism.

You think 2 weeks ago there was no possibility you would see 2 transvestites with wedding rings on?

LOL....

Another thread on this -

Plural marriage of consenting adults.

How is it not politics?

As I keep saying to people who keep making this claim- you either have an objection to polgyamous marriage or not.

If you have one- it is no different today than it was 2 weeks ago.

If you don't have one- then that is no different today than it was 2 weeks ago.

I believe the law is consenting adults. I don't see it changing any more than statutory rape ages and laws changing.

On polygamy, I have already told her, when it becomes legal in IL, I am getting a bring home a 20 something Latina as a second wife. I will turn my office into her room. Small price to pay!

With her consent you can bring that '20 something Latina' home right now.

Forum List

Back