POLL: Who would be easier for Trump to work with?

Who would be easier for Trump to work with?

• Freedom Caucus

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Democrats

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • He could probably find a way to work with both

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Neither - They're both dug in for political reasons

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Mango. Literally.

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Both the "Freedom" Caucus and the Democrats are clearly willing to let his administration dangle in the wind - for different reasons, of course.

The "Freedom" Caucus just threw Trump and the rest of the party under the bus so they can get re-elected and keep their cushy gubmit jobs, and it looks like most Democrats are willing to let things decay for political advantage - the party-over-country game in which both parties are locked.

Where can Trump turn, if anywhere? He's never been a real conservative, so he could turn to the Democrats. But they might not return the call.

Thoughts?

Pelosi and Schumer said yesterday (Sunday 3/26/2017) that they would be willing to work with Trump as long as he does not give away the store to the rich.

But then again that is Trump's primary strategy.

He just wants to get rid of the Alt Min Tax and save himself $31 million in tax per year. Then his annual Federal tax bill goes to -0- with his prior year NOL deductions.

Therefore I expect Trump and Ryan to fokk up tax reform too, the same as they did Trumpcare.

Once Trump gets ready to do infrastructure he will be ready to work with the DEMs by then. His re-election by the blue collar workers will be on life support by then and he cannot afford 3 mistakes in a row.

Glad they are not getting anything done. Clearly when the central government does something, it is almost ALWAYS bad for 90% of Americans.

So, this is a good situation.

Glad they are not getting anything done. Clearly when the central government does something, it is almost ALWAYS bad for 90% of Americans.

So, this is a good situation.
Hey, at least they are earning money not doing anything..

At least the Republicans didn't push through a bad bill just to tow the party line.
It was a bad bill, and I knew it was bad.

I'm surprised Trump lobbied so hard for it. They'll be back with something else.

I have a feeling that anything Ryan has his hand in is going to be bad.

They need to start earning their pay up there in Washington.

If I was Trump I'd call a sequestered special session where nobody leaves until you get it done.

Pelosi and Schumer said yesterday (Sunday 3/26/2017) that they would be willing to work with Trump as long as he does not give away the store to the rich.

He just wants to get rid of the Alt Min Tax and save himself $31 million in tax per year. Then his annual Federal tax bill goes to -0- with his prior year NOL deductions.

Therefore I expect Trump and Ryan to fokk up tax reform too, the same as they did Trumpcare.

Once Trump gets ready to do infrastructure he will be ready to work with the DEMs by then. His re-election by the blue collar workers will be on life support by then and he cannot afford 3 mistakes in a row.
Working with the Dems on infrastructure sooner rather than later might be a good idea to get the ball rolling.

I've seen a few people say tax reform could be even tougher to get done than health care.

Working with the Dems on infrastructure sooner rather than later might be a good idea to get the ball rolling.

I've seen a few people say tax reform could be even tougher to get done than health care.
Since a lot of the tax reform depended on getting rid of the taxes with the ACA..

Both the "Freedom" Caucus and the Democrats are clearly willing to let his administration dangle in the wind - for different reasons, of course.

The "Freedom" Caucus just threw Trump and the rest of the party under the bus so they can get re-elected and keep their cushy gubmit jobs, and it looks like most Democrats are willing to let things decay for political advantage - the party-over-country game in which both parties are locked.

Where can Trump turn, if anywhere? He's never been a real conservative, so he could turn to the Democrats. But they might not return the call.

Thoughts?

The Democrats aren't the problem, and neither are the Freedom Caucus. They are both standing on principle.

The real problem is Trump, a man who never, ever should have been made president.

A man who lacked the integrity, intellect, experience, or mental stability to be president.

But we let this happen.

And now when it is clear to everyone that this guy has no business being in the White House, you want to blame people for doing what their constituents elected them to do?

Hey, at least those guys WON THE POPULAR VOTE in their elections.

My Congressman is a democrat. I fully expect him to stand up against anything Trump is trying to do because that's what he promised me he would do.

And if you have some Bubba Redneck in Jesus-Land who voted for a member of the "Freedom Carcass", they expect him to vote against any reform because they don't dun der need them no government, Cleetus.

If Biffenfuhrer can't do the hard work to craft compromises that can garner enough votes to pass, that's on him. Not on anyone else.

If he doesn't want to do the hard work, he should resign and let Pence do it.

That is way too funny....work on infrastructure...LMFAO!

Didn't the previous POTUS try that and all that occurred was the rich got richer and the roads and bridges got shittier? What makes you think anything will change?

Famous-Bureaucrats-Government-of-India.jpg

USELESS!!!

Naw, the one thing Republicans always agree on are bankrupting tax giveaways to rich douchebags... so that's going to be easy.

It all depends on what he wants to do with tax reform. If he plans on giving even more tax breaks to the rich, the healthcare town halls will seem warm and friendly in comparison.

It all depends on what he wants to do with tax reform. If he plans on giving even more tax breaks to the rich, the healthcare town halls will seem warm and friendly in comparison.
I did notice how those higher taxes for rich folks are keeping them from being rich..

Thoughts?

no one can work with the so-called "freedom caucus" (btw, you don't have to call people what they self-proclaim when what they self proclaim is BS). the reason no one can work with the so-called "freedom caucus".... or teatards.... is that the teatards hate gubmint. and you can't govern when you have no respect for or understanding of what you're doing.

That is way too funny....work on infrastructure...LMFAO!

Didn't the previous POTUS try that and all that occurred was the rich got richer and the roads and bridges got shittier? What makes you think anything will change?

Famous-Bureaucrats-Government-of-India.jpg

USELESS!!!
Infrastructure spending was one of Trump's primary promises during the campaign.

When we pointed out how un-conservative that is, we were told it was okay if Trump did it.

Thoughts?

The Democrats aren't the problem, and neither are the Freedom Caucus. They are both standing on principle.

The real problem is Trump, a man who never, ever should have been made president.

A man who lacked the integrity, intellect, experience, or mental stability to be president.

But we let this happen.

And now when it is clear to everyone that this guy has no business being in the White House, you want to blame people for doing what their constituents elected them to do?

Hey, at least those guys WON THE POPULAR VOTE in their elections.

My Congressman is a democrat. I fully expect him to stand up against anything Trump is trying to do because that's what he promised me he would do.

And if you have some Bubba Redneck in Jesus-Land who voted for a member of the "Freedom Carcass", they expect him to vote against any reform because they don't dun der need them no government, Cleetus.

If Biffenfuhrer can't do the hard work to craft compromises that can garner enough votes to pass, that's on him. Not on anyone else.

If he doesn't want to do the hard work, he should resign and let Pence do it.

Wow you're such a myopic partisan hack. No, the ineptitude of Congress spans generations and all parties.

Your hate for Trump may be what's blinding you to reality.

Here's a Newsflash for you: The president is not who is tasked with making laws. All he has the power to do is say yes or no.

Regardless of party, Congress is having a party on our dime and not giving us a damn thing to show for it. They don't have to worry about what the common people's health insurance is, they have awesome government health insurance for life. If the Democrats see that Obamacare is going to hurt their constituents, they should get in on coming up with something better than Ryancare. Or will they do like the Republicans did last term and just be stalwarts. I bet they do the latter, even if a fantastically good healthcare bill gets drafted.

Last edited:
If Trump were a politician, he would try to find ways to work with Democrats and Republicans. Unlike Republicans with Obama, Democrats are willing to work with Trump for the betterment of the country. but he's only interested in speaking to his base, not governing the U.S..

He's had how many rallies for his cultists now? Not sure how he fits them in between golf trips to FL...12 times in 9 weeks. Seriously?!?

Forum List

Back