POLL: Who would be easier for Trump to work with?

Who would be easier for Trump to work with?

• Freedom Caucus

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Democrats

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • He could probably find a way to work with both

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Neither - They're both dug in for political reasons

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Mango. Literally.

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Trump is drowning and is screaming for someone to throw him a life line

I doubt if either the Freedom Caucus or Democrats will bother
and then we have Lilliputians like the above poster, who can't see past his silly ignorant partisanship.

Of the non-plant choices offered in the thread's poll, I really don't know. The man gave up after just two weeks of trying to work with his own party. If that's all the stamina he has for working through tough issues with people who don't have to kowtow to him, it really doesn't matter how well he can work with anyone.

I cast my vote for Democrats but on this next one (tax reform) Trump should have the Freedom Caucus eating out of his own hand. After further consideration I may change my mind, his budget should also sit well with the Caucus.

and then we have Lilliputians like the above poster, who can't see past his silly ignorant partisanship.

Its political reality

Trump claimed he could walk on water.....Now people are letting him drown

Its political reality

Trump never claimed that, but Obama did and you and millions of Americans believed him only to be fooled again.

Working with the Dems on infrastructure sooner rather than later might be a good idea to get the ball rolling.

I've seen a few people say tax reform could be even tougher to get done than health care.
Working with the Dems on infrastructure sooner rather than later might be a good idea to get the ball rolling.

I've seen a few people say tax reform could be even tougher to get done than health care.
That is way too funny....work on infrastructure...LMFAO!

Didn't the previous POTUS try that and all that occurred was the rich got richer and the roads and bridges got shittier? What makes you think anything will change?!

More than 40,000 miles of roads and more than 2,700 bridges have been upgraded, nearly 700 drinking water systems serving more than 48 million people have been brought into compliance with federal clean water standards and high-speed Internet was introduced to about 20,000 community institutions.

What did the stimulus bill accomplish?

Obviously the GOP propaganda worked on you...
...and yet, we have both parties and Trump wanting to spend ever more on infrastructure. Billions are wasted in racketeering schemes that the central government is famous for, but hey the rich get richer.

Of course you have a link to the billions wasted?

The U.S. got a D rating on our infrastructure. The huge infrastructure spending we did as a country over 50 years ago is crumbling.

We need it much more than a 54 billion dollar increase to military spending.
2016 Prime Cuts | Citizens Against Government Waste

Can you provide, specifically, what in there supports his exact claim of

"Billions are wasted in racketeering schemes that the central government is famous for, but hey the rich get richer"

or...

"Billions are wasted in racketeering schemes that the central government is famous for"

Pelosi and Schumer said yesterday (Sunday 3/26/2017) that they would be willing to work with Trump as long as he does not give away the store to the rich.

But then again that is Trump's primary strategy.

He just wants to get rid of the Alt Min Tax and save himself $31 million in tax per year. Then his annual Federal tax bill goes to -0- with his prior year NOL deductions.

Therefore I expect Trump and Ryan to fokk up tax reform too, the same as they did Trumpcare.

Once Trump gets ready to do infrastructure he will be ready to work with the DEMs by then. His re-election by the blue collar workers will be on life support by then and he cannot afford 3 mistakes in a row.

The freedom caucus is the most partisan in Congress. They aren't having anything they don't like. For that reason alone, reaching out to dems for the votes is the only real option.

Its political reality

Trump never claimed that, but Obama did and you and millions of Americans believed him only to be fooled again.

Actually...he did...Again and again and again

I am Donny Dealmaker...I know how to get things done....These Washington losers will not know what hit them....they have never dealt with a person like me before.....believe me

The GOP has the White House, House & Senate.

There's what, 240 Republicans in the House, and around 30 members of the "Freedom" Caucus.

That would known as the tail wagging the dog.

Those thirty votes are needed for anything. They're "crazy votes" meaning they'll only vote for the most right policy. There's no way to balance them with the moderates and still have enough to pass anything.

Its political reality

I am Donny Dealmaker...I know how to get things done....These Washington losers will not know what hit them....they have never dealt with a person like me before.....believe me
Where did he say, as you claimed he said, "he could walk on water?"

Keep in mind the wiretapping specificity your media whores required of Trump, prior to responding.

And why do you hold Trump to a higher standard than you held Obama?

...rhetorical question...

Didn't the previous POTUS try that and all that occurred was the rich got richer and the roads and bridges got shittier? What makes you think anything will change?!

More than 40,000 miles of roads and more than 2,700 bridges have been upgraded, nearly 700 drinking water systems serving more than 48 million people have been brought into compliance with federal clean water standards and high-speed Internet was introduced to about 20,000 community institutions.

...and yet, we have both parties and Trump wanting to spend ever more on infrastructure. Billions are wasted in racketeering schemes that the central government is famous for, but hey the rich get richer.

The U.S. got a D rating on our infrastructure. The huge infrastructure spending we did as a country over 50 years ago is crumbling.

"Billions are wasted in racketeering schemes that the central government is famous for, but hey the rich get richer"

or...

"Billions are wasted in racketeering schemes that the central government is famous for"
I'll admit, "racketeering" is a bit too harsh a term for what is really just corruption, fraud, and abuse.

Other than that, I will not take your hand and lead you through the evidence. If you are intellectually not curious, so be it.

But, for the sake of readers, let's just quote one wasteful item, eh?

"VI. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES

Reduce Medicare Improper Payments by 50 Percent over Five Years

1-Year Savings: $4.3 billion
5-Year Savings: $21.7 billion

Medicare is plagued with the highest reported amount of improper payments of any federal program. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) FY 2015 Comprehensive Error Rate Testing report, the improper payment rate was 12.1 percent and the improper payment amount was $43.3 billion. Because of its chronic vulnerability to fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement, the GAO has for 20 years designated the Medicare program as “high risk.”

In a bipartisan effort to reduce improper payments and help stave off the impending bankruptcy of the Medicare Trust Fund, Congress first implemented a Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) demonstration project for Medicare Parts A and B that ran from 2005 to 2008 and recovered more than $900 million in overpayments to providers. Congress enacted legislation to expand the program nationwide and make it permanent, a process that began in early 2009 and was fully implemented by September 2010.

In 2010, Congress further expanded the scope of RACs to include auditing for Medicare Parts C and D in the Affordable Care Act. The legislation also required states and territories to establish RAC programs for Medicaid, noting that the RAC program was a proven, valuable tool in reducing improper payments.

Since the beginning of the RAC program, $11.3 billion has been returned to the Medicare Trust Fund. In FY 2013 alone, RACs collected $3.65 billion, according to the Medicare Trustees’ report to Congress on the program. Only $57.6 million of that amount, or 1.6 percent, was overturned at the first level of appeal. In addition, only 9.3 percent of all claims that reached the top level of appeal to administrative law judges were overturned in FY 2013.

RACs have an average accuracy rate of 96 percent, which makes them far and away the most successful tool Congress has ever implemented to protect taxpayers and Medicare beneficiaries from rampant improper payments. The Trustees’ FY 2013 RAC report called the RAC program “an important initiative in CMS’s goal to reduce improper payments and pay claims accurately.”

Attempts to gut the RAC program contravene CMS’s own data that the RAC program led to a reduction in the error rate of Medicare improper payments. After the rate of improper payments dropped from 10.8 percent in FY 2009 to 8.5 percent in FY 2012, they rose, as previously noted, to 12.1 percent in FY 2015.

Criticism of the RACs by hospitals and other providers have been a significant factor in pushing both CMS and Congress into suspending audits. These complaints are both overblown and inaccurate. RACs audit only 2 percent of claims and must receive pre-approval of audits by CMS. Each audit is overseen by a medical professional.

The suspension of the RAC program is a subversion of the will, if not the letter, of the law. Members of Congress should not only stop giving in to pressure to gut the RAC program, they should reinstate and safeguard the RACs. Otherwise, Medicare will have little chance of dropping down from its current – and growing – position as number one in improper payments."

or...

I'll admit, "racketeering" is a bit too harsh a term for what is really just corruption, fraud, and abuse.

Other than that, I will not take your hand and lead you through the evidence. If you are intellectually not curious, so be it.

But, for the sake of readers, let's just quote one wasteful item, eh?

"VI. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES

Reduce Medicare Improper Payments by 50 Percent over Five Years

1-Year Savings: $4.3 billion
5-Year Savings: $21.7 billion

Medicare is plagued with the highest reported amount of improper payments of any federal program. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) FY 2015 Comprehensive Error Rate Testing report, the improper payment rate was 12.1 percent and the improper payment amount was $43.3 billion. Because of its chronic vulnerability to fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement, the GAO has for 20 years designated the Medicare program as “high risk.”

In a bipartisan effort to reduce improper payments and help stave off the impending bankruptcy of the Medicare Trust Fund, Congress first implemented a Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) demonstration project for Medicare Parts A and B that ran from 2005 to 2008 and recovered more than $900 million in overpayments to providers. Congress enacted legislation to expand the program nationwide and make it permanent, a process that began in early 2009 and was fully implemented by September 2010.

In 2010, Congress further expanded the scope of RACs to include auditing for Medicare Parts C and D in the Affordable Care Act. The legislation also required states and territories to establish RAC programs for Medicaid, noting that the RAC program was a proven, valuable tool in reducing improper payments.

Since the beginning of the RAC program, $11.3 billion has been returned to the Medicare Trust Fund. In FY 2013 alone, RACs collected $3.65 billion, according to the Medicare Trustees’ report to Congress on the program. Only $57.6 million of that amount, or 1.6 percent, was overturned at the first level of appeal. In addition, only 9.3 percent of all claims that reached the top level of appeal to administrative law judges were overturned in FY 2013.

RACs have an average accuracy rate of 96 percent, which makes them far and away the most successful tool Congress has ever implemented to protect taxpayers and Medicare beneficiaries from rampant improper payments. The Trustees’ FY 2013 RAC report called the RAC program “an important initiative in CMS’s goal to reduce improper payments and pay claims accurately.”

Attempts to gut the RAC program contravene CMS’s own data that the RAC program led to a reduction in the error rate of Medicare improper payments. After the rate of improper payments dropped from 10.8 percent in FY 2009 to 8.5 percent in FY 2012, they rose, as previously noted, to 12.1 percent in FY 2015.

Criticism of the RACs by hospitals and other providers have been a significant factor in pushing both CMS and Congress into suspending audits. These complaints are both overblown and inaccurate. RACs audit only 2 percent of claims and must receive pre-approval of audits by CMS. Each audit is overseen by a medical professional.

The suspension of the RAC program is a subversion of the will, if not the letter, of the law. Members of Congress should not only stop giving in to pressure to gut the RAC program, they should reinstate and safeguard the RACs. Otherwise, Medicare will have little chance of dropping down from its current – and growing – position as number one in improper payments."

You might be better served posting the link to that on Donny's Twitter.

Its political reality

Keep in mind the wiretapping specificity your media whores required of Trump, prior to responding.

You seem to struggle with common expressions
You see when someone says someone thinks they can "walk on water" it means they think they are god like. It does not mean they can literally walk on water

Trump cannot do that...he does not even know how to swim

or...

If this isn't racketeering, than what is it....let's just look at the HC industry as just one very large example among several....

Here is one of the best articles on the subject. It is racketeering clearly.

Forget ObamaCare, RyanCare, and any Future ReformCare--the Healthcare System Is Completely Broken
charles hugh smith-Weblog and Essays
The scams are endless, the skims are endless, the fraud is endless, the waste is endless, the fortunes expended to limit "winner take all" liability claims are endless, the paperwork churn is endless and the perverse incentives and negative unintended consequences are endless.

Everyone knows the system is unsustainable, perverse and insane, but they are powerless to change it within the system as it is. The usual sort of political horsetrading that passes for "reform" yielded ObamaCare, which did essentially zero to limit costs or cartel rackets.
US-healthcare4.jpg

US-healthcare2.jpg

healthcare3-17.jpg

America's healthcare system is the perfection of the fraud triangle: the pressure to increase billings, fees and profits is immense, the rationalizations are unlimited (it's within the legal guidelines, etc.) and the opportunities for fraud are equally unlimited.

Individual caregivers and administrators want a different, better role and a better outcome, but each is trapped in the system as it is--and reform is impossible given the systemic foundations, incentives and legal framework.

fraud-triangle.jpg

Its political reality

You seem to struggle with common expressions
You see when someone says someone thinks they can "walk on water" it means they think they are god like. It does not mean they can literally walk on water

Trump cannot do that...he does not even know how to swim
Okay. I will agree with you.

So when Obama claimed he could walk on water and you believed him, why do now not believe Trump?

Duh...because Democrats actually want to fix the leaky roof not tear the brand new house down.
Another partisan dupe. Good lord they are everywhere.
Naw, actually, if you follow the Deep State theory of government, and aren't attached to the notion that Trump is independent of this influence, Hillary, Sanders, Trump, maybe even Ryan, they are all pawns in the master's plan.

Many folks on this site, from the left, middle and right have commented that it was the plan all along of these monsters to ruin the health care system in order to implement a single payer plan. Wasn't Trump amiable to the idea?

Now, the neo-libs and neo-cons will have only the Freedom Caucus to fight on this. You know if it passes, Trump will sign on.

Sanders says he will introduce 'Medicare for all' bill

Bernie and Trump, unlikely bedfellows in the Deep State. :badgrin:

Helping bureaucrats control your whole life.

Forum List

Back