POLL: Who would be easier for Trump to work with?

Who would be easier for Trump to work with?

• Freedom Caucus

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Democrats

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • He could probably find a way to work with both

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Neither - They're both dug in for political reasons

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Mango. Literally.

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Wow you're such a myopic partisan hack. No, the ineptitude of Congress spans generations and all parties.

You know what, guy, I remember when Congress actually realized elections were over and they had to get some work done. That stopped after 2010 or so.

The thing is, THIS Congress has no idea how to govern... And they have a child at the other end of the street who has no idea how to lead.

Your hate for Trump may be what's blinding you to reality.

Here's a Newsflash for you: The president is not who is tasked with making laws. All he has the power to do is say yes or no.

Funny, all the guys who proceeded him usually had plans and ideas and worked the room to get the laws they wanted.

Shit, as much as i hate using him as a good example, George W. Bush, when he got in, had an agenda of things he wanted to pass and worked with Democrats and Republicans alike to get them done.

This guy can't get stuff done with his own guys in charge..

Regardless of party, Congress is having a party on our dime and not giving us a damn thing to show for it. They don't have to worry about what the common people's health insurance is, they have awesome government health insurance for life. If the Democrats see that Obamacare is going to hurt their constituents, they should get in on coming up with something better than Ryancare. Or will they do like the Republicans did last term and just be stalwarts. I bet they do the latter, even if a fantastically good healthcare bill gets drafted.

We already have a good healthcare bill, if we let it work the way it was designed and people stopped trying to frustrate it at the state level.

A single payer system would be better, to be sure, but this is the best system we have wiht the power that special interests have and with public indifference towards the status quo.

Working with the Dems on infrastructure sooner rather than later might be a good idea to get the ball rolling.

I don't get how they are supposed to do tax reform if they give in to all of Donald Trump's big government spending projects.

The way they were supposed to build a wall AFTER Reagan gave 3 million illegals amnesty?

He did, and they didn't. I'm aware of the track record on that.

I think the problem is you left a big chunk of that out.

The thing was, after the 1987 Amnesty, the problem wasn't that big of a deal.

Then NAFTA happened. You see, one of the main effects of NAFTA was that the availability of cheap, American Yellow corn drove Mexican farmers of traditional white corn out of the market. The end result was that millions of people who worked in Agriculture in Mexico were displaced, and well, they had to end up somewhere.

Meanwhile, in the 1990's, there was a job market that was running so hot that you couldn't get Americans to do certain jobs no matter what you paid them. I knew of teens getting paid 150% of minimum wage to work at McDonalds.

You know, on my first ship back in the early 80's, there was a guy on there who was born white, but he dressed ghetto, spoke Ebonics, and hung out with all the other brothers on the ship.

If you asked him if he was white or black, he would tell you he was born white but identifies more with the black culture, because that is the one he grew up in (his hometown was over 70 percent black).

She should have also said the same, that she was born white, but because of various influences in her life, she identifies more with the black culture, and that is where she feels comfortable.

Yes, you can make fun of someone who is obviously confused about who they are like in her case, but if that person knows who they are and what culture they identify with, then leave them alone. Lifestyle is a choice, and everyone has a right to live as they wish as long as they don't infringe on other people's rights.

The way they were supposed to build a wall AFTER Reagan gave 3 million illegals amnesty?

He did, and they didn't. I'm aware of the track record on that.

I think the problem is you left a big chunk of that out.

The thing was, after the 1987 Amnesty, the problem wasn't that big of a deal.

Then NAFTA happened. You see, one of the main effects of NAFTA was that the availability of cheap, American Yellow corn drove Mexican farmers of traditional white corn out of the market. The end result was that millions of people who worked in Agriculture in Mexico were displaced, and well, they had to end up somewhere.

Meanwhile, in the 1990's, there was a job market that was running so hot that you couldn't get Americans to do certain jobs no matter what you paid them. I knew of teens getting paid 150% of minimum wage to work at McDonalds.

I didn't leave a damn thing thing out.

That Congress promised Reagan a border wall for giving amnesty to 3 million illegals.

Reagan granted that amnesty.

No border wall got built.

The End.

That's nice that you remember the nuances, all that is irrelevant.

That Congress promised Reagan a border wall for giving amnesty to 3 million illegals.

The End.

Walls are useless. Just because you are too stupid and lazy to figure out how to get past a wall, doesn't mean they are after we've devastated their economy with cheap imports and then offered them crappy jobs.

The End.

Walls are useless. Just because you are too stupid and lazy to figure out how to get past a wall, doesn't mean they are after we've devastated their economy with cheap imports and then offered them crappy jobs.

I'm the last one you're qualified to tell me I can't get over a wall. I'd get over any wall before you. Matter of fact, you're not qualified to tell me anything.

Go inspect your colon,colon inspector.

Do you know the difference between stupid and ignorant?

Stupid is knowing better and doing it anyway.

Ignorant is not knowing anything at all.

You are ignorant.

I'm the last one you're qualified to tell me I can't get over a wall. I'd get over any wall before you. Matter of fact, you're not qualified to tell me anything.

So I think you are making my point. If you can get your fat, white trash ass over a wall, so can they.

So you've admitted, walls are kind of useless. Thanks for playing.

God, you wingnuts are soooo easy.

Working with the Dems on infrastructure sooner rather than later might be a good idea to get the ball rolling.
I don't get how they are supposed to do tax reform if they give in to all of Donald Trump's big government spending projects.
Well, the sell is supply side economics, and I guess we'll see how many Republicans really believe in it. Because for all the spending, they'd better stimulate the economy with tax cuts like crazy.

Who would be easier for Trump to work with?
  1. Freedom Caucus
  2. Democrats
  3. He could probably find a way to work with both
  4. Neither - They're both dug in for political reasons
  5. Vladimir Putin

As he has proven over the decades, he will find a way to work with whomever will help him achieve the goal of keeping his campaign promises. Each political group has their own agendas and he can push their buttons to get their cooperation.

Well, the sell is supply side economics, and I guess we'll see how many Republicans really believe in it. Because for all the spending, they'd better stimulate the economy with tax cuts like crazy.

Even considering the most optimistic boosts tax cuts would give the American economy, it probably wouldn't offset increased spending for several years. It isn't fiscally responsible to launch major tax cuts alongside major spending initiatives. Has everyone forgotten Bush?

Forum List

Back