Poll: The Chicago Four - Do Their Lives Matter?

The Chicago Four - Do Their Lives Matter?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 100.0%

• Total voters
They are some fucked up units.

I think they should be heavily psychoanalyzed, maybe figuring out why people can be so hateful will help prevent future attacks.

Please don't turn this into anything racist,Meathead .

There are tons of cases where white kids tortured - and killed - blacks.

There are tons of same race/gender attacks.

And this shit happens all over the world. In Japan a gang kidnapped a teenage girl, tortured her terribly for a month, then killed her. They put her in a 55-gallon drum and filled it with cement.

Murder of Junko Furuta - Wikipedia

People like that need to be found out before the unthinkable happens. Before the hateful bastards band together and form a group like Isis.
I try to explain this to people but so many of you are suffering from the same problem and you don't even realize it. You defend your affliction because you have learned how to manage it. It's called fis. Fatherless infant syndrom. I bet you none of their fathers are living in the home with the mother.

Now go to prison and see how many prisoners are suffering from fis.

My neighbor has two kids from two different men and neither man lives with their kids. Those kids might not be criminals but no way they are as good as they would be if dad was around. Assuming dads a good guy
Society has forgotten how important it is to have a father present to help bust that head when these knuckleheads get of line.
Society has forgotten how important it is to have a father present to help bust that head when these knuckleheads get of line.
I will not argue that...my father was my best friend, I miss him dearly
But, that doesn't mean a mother can't keep her child in line.
You can't baby kids and let them get away with shit and think
you'll be able to exert your authority when they are hitting their teens.

Tough love, spare the rod spoil the child.
I've made his business my business, still do, always have

He just turned 20, he's 6' 11" ...he knows whose boss
He's not out running the streets, when he is out I know
where he's at and who he's with...I know his friends and their parents.
I work the graveyard shift Thurs thru Sun and trust him completely

The only occasional problem I have with him is with his mouth
I'll grab the step stool(remember 6' 11")look him straight in the face
You must be confused, you ain't talking to one of your damn friends
Don't start acting like you don't have any sense...
I don't care HOW big you are, I'll still kick your ass :slap:

I think they should be heavily psychoanalyzed, maybe figuring out why people can be so hateful will help prevent future attacks.

And this shit happens all over the world. In Japan a gang kidnapped a teenage girl, tortured her terribly for a month, then killed her. They put her in a 55-gallon drum and filled it with cement.

People like that need to be found out before the unthinkable happens. Before the hateful bastards band together and form a group like Isis.
I try to explain this to people but so many of you are suffering from the same problem and you don't even realize it. You defend your affliction because you have learned how to manage it. It's called fis. Fatherless infant syndrom. I bet you none of their fathers are living in the home with the mother.

My neighbor has two kids from two different men and neither man lives with their kids. Those kids might not be criminals but no way they are as good as they would be if dad was around. Assuming dads a good guy

And of course there are bad white parents too so I know it's not just black people but we have an epidemic in cities like Chicago and Detroit but when i try to tell black people they are doing it to themselves they get defensive and argumentative. It's not debatable. Sure they've been dealt a bad hand but that fact doesn't help moving forward. I wish Detroit would start running more public service announcement on TV and put billboards up about being a father or mentor.

Or any public service announcements. What happened to psa's? I haven't heard one in years
It's past the point of debating, that's like pissing in the wind. Nothing will change until people start taking responsibilities for their own actions. What happened to hard work, being faithful to your wife, raising ur kids, helping your neighbor, standing up for what's right.
No More Baby Mamas

Take the baby away at birth from an unwed mother and put it in an orphanage until it is adopted or reaches age 18. Eliminate AFDC, which is an incentive for a teenage slut to make a living with her uterus.

We've had some liberals post the usual cry-me-a-river bit about growing up on welfare and food stamps from the government and one who thinks a murder in Japan is relevant, but no one has weighed in to suggest that these thug's lives have any value.

Perhaps I should have asked how much value instead of if their lives matter.
Hug a Thug

Liberalism is state-sponsored terrorism.

Donate their hair to science. Find out what the fuck...

You can focus on the individuals, but I'd bet they grew up in ghettos where they were left to rot by society, then society gets horrified at what they did and wonders what the problem is. We know the problems and we know most people don't give a shit, so the consequences are there.
A ghetto has no bearing on what they did. Ben Carson grew up in a ghetto and did fine. Its NOT the ghetto okay? Its the parents.

You can focus on the individuals, but I'd bet they grew up in ghettos where they were left to rot by society, then society gets horrified at what they did and wonders what the problem is. We know the problems and we know most people don't give a shit, so the consequences are there.

Well then, since you left them to rot in the ghetto, the government should confiscate all your wealth and give it to inner city kids. Social Justice!

Was there any point to this nonsense you wrote?

Was there any point in yours!?!

Society is not the fault of how someone turns out!

I will be damn if that excuse will fly because I come from the same society and never once blamed society for my miserable youth nor did I ever do anything near what they did!

So stop passing the buck and put the responsibility on the individual once and for all, oh wait they're black so you will find every excuse for them but were they white like Dylan Roof you would buy and supply the rope to hang them!

No excuse at all for assholes like them!

Society is very much an influence on how someone turns out.

Are you telling me that someone born in one country will turn out the same as someone born in another country? If that were the case then crime levels would be pretty similar in most countries, right? Wrong.

I didn't say individuals shouldn't bear the responsibility for their own life. This isn't about passing the buck. The buck is being passed massively by many on the right (among others) and trying to prevent society from deal with its problems.

What I'm doing is looking at the problems and looking for solutions.

Dylan Roof is a perfect example where society COULD solve its problems but doesn't.

I'm going to point to Germany. Split into two, West Germany bore the brunt of dealing with the consequences of WW2, East Germany was Soviet controlled and they only cared if you were a good Communist. What happened was the West Germans dealt with the problem are now have far less racism than East Germany. Austria also didn't deal with it and is far more racist.

It's a simple fact. People aren't born racist. If they grow up in a racist environment then they're more likely to become racist. Changing how people think can work, and can have a positive impact.

table-4-map-npd-membership-per-100000-test.png

This is a map of the NPD, basically a bunch of racists, far right fascists etc in Germany. You an see the five most racist areas are all in the former East Germany.

We've had some liberals post the usual cry-me-a-river bit about growing up on welfare and food stamps from the government and one who thinks a murder in Japan is relevant, but no one has weighed in to suggest that these thug's lives have any value.

Yes all life is valuable. They must be punished for their actions, n God willing they learn from this wrong. If not God will handle the rest, u reap what u sow.
And I'll be honest I think we are over reacting because the kid was white, they were black and he was retarded.

If I had to sentence them it'd be 5 years out in 2.5 with good behavior
Hell, you may as well bake them a cake and say well done!
None of this would have happened if their parents got abortions. Clearly they don't think all life is precious because they didn't teach their kids that it is. So why did they have kids they clearly couldn't or wouldn't raise right.

It's always an accident. That's what fuck ups do. Let's be honest if you are on welfare you are a fuck up loser.

A ghetto has no bearing on what they did. Ben Carson grew up in a ghetto and did fine. Its NOT the ghetto okay? Its the parents.
Ben carson attacked his mother with scissors

Very Simple Question. Do Their lives matter?
12pvu1ldqy7y-png.105380

CHICAGO (AP) - The Latest on the beating of a white man in Chicago that was broadcast live on Facebook (all times local):

3:30 p.m.

Public defenders have offered more details about four suspects accused of beating a mentally disabled man in Chicago.

The attorneys were hoping a judge would grant bond Friday to the four accused in the beating, which was broadcast live on Facebook. Instead, the judge denied bond and called the suspects "a danger to yourself and society."

Public defenders say 24-year-old suspect Tanishia Covington is the mother of two children, ages 11 months and 2 years old. They say her sister, 18-year-old Brittany Covington, attends college and is involved with her church.

The attorneys say 18-year-old Jordan Hill works for a staffing company assembling furniture and attends church with his grandmother. They say the fourth suspect, 18-year-old Tesfaye Cooper, cares for his twin brother who uses a wheelchair and is a high school junior.

2:45 p.m.

Prosecutors say one of four people charged with the Chicago beating of a mentally disabled man demanded $300 from the victim's mother.

Prosecutors offered details of the beating during the suspects' Friday afternoon court appearance on hate crimes, battery and kidnapping charges.

They say the beating started in a van and continued at a house. Prosecutors say the suspects forced the victim to drink toilet water and kiss the floor. They say the suspects also stuffed a sock into his mouth, taped his mouth shut and bound his hands with a belt.

Authorities say the victim suffers from schizophrenia and attention deficit disorder. Prosecutors say the suspects each face two hate crimes counts, one because of the victim's race and the other because of his disabilities.

A judge denied bond for the four suspects during the Friday hearing.

No. I don't give a damn. The victim is a schizophrenic and he is going to be dealing with the repercussions for the rest of his life. One of the women has two children and their lives are going to be impacted forever and they will be cleaning up mom's mess. The grandmother of both women and their family are receiving death threats so they will be cleaning up mom's mess. The grandmother raised both of the young women because this is or so I have read(Don't quote me on that.) their mother:

Lawanda Covington Mugshot - Lawanda Covington Arrest - Cook County, IL
Offender Search

Hill was arrested last year for armed robbery as a juvenile. Hill's grandmother tried to get him help. Hasn't seen him in two months. Yet, Hill goes to church with her.

^^^^Not even claiming.

Yes all life is valuable. They must be punished for their actions, n God willing they learn from this wrong. If not God will handle the rest, u reap what u sow.
And I'll be honest I think we are over reacting because the kid was white, they were black and he was retarded.

And I'll be honest I think we are over reacting because the kid was white, they were black and he was retarded
It's amazing how some people made it out of the birth canal!

Honestly..over reacting? We should be lashing out,
causing mayhem in the streets, rioting, like it would've been
had this been 4 white people and a 'retarded' black kid.

Just something else to blame Trump for!
No mother fucking accountability, race card, white folks fault
Funny thing is, it's the ghetto ass n1ggers I can't stand,
NOT the black race...just pisses me off!

Im not saying it can't be done. God bless you. Im saying it's not being done.

Way too many poor single women who get knocked up choose bad partners and a lot of these women themselves arent what you would considered educated or good role models. So this is why these kids don't stand a chance.

Im so sick of people blaming the bad economic conditions for the low poverty and high crimes. In other words it's not their fault because they grew up in poverty. Life isn't fair.

There is some truth to that but crime and fatherlessness are all thing the people living in poverty can correct themselves.

You can not make the same mistakes your parents made.

You can not have kids. Who's fault is it that a poor girl tonight is getting pregnant? We subsidize this.

You can move your kids out of the ghetto.

You can get an abortion, not have sex or take birth control or wear rubbers or take the morning after pill

12pvu1ldqy7y-png.105380

CHICAGO (AP) - The Latest on the beating of a white man in Chicago that was broadcast live on Facebook (all times local):

3:30 p.m.

Public defenders have offered more details about four suspects accused of beating a mentally disabled man in Chicago.

The attorneys were hoping a judge would grant bond Friday to the four accused in the beating, which was broadcast live on Facebook. Instead, the judge denied bond and called the suspects "a danger to yourself and society."

Public defenders say 24-year-old suspect Tanishia Covington is the mother of two children, ages 11 months and 2 years old. They say her sister, 18-year-old Brittany Covington, attends college and is involved with her church.

The attorneys say 18-year-old Jordan Hill works for a staffing company assembling furniture and attends church with his grandmother. They say the fourth suspect, 18-year-old Tesfaye Cooper, cares for his twin brother who uses a wheelchair and is a high school junior.

2:45 p.m.

Prosecutors say one of four people charged with the Chicago beating of a mentally disabled man demanded $300 from the victim's mother.

Prosecutors offered details of the beating during the suspects' Friday afternoon court appearance on hate crimes, battery and kidnapping charges.

They say the beating started in a van and continued at a house. Prosecutors say the suspects forced the victim to drink toilet water and kiss the floor. They say the suspects also stuffed a sock into his mouth, taped his mouth shut and bound his hands with a belt.

Authorities say the victim suffers from schizophrenia and attention deficit disorder. Prosecutors say the suspects each face two hate crimes counts, one because of the victim's race and the other because of his disabilities.

A judge denied bond for the four suspects during the Friday hearing.

No. I don't give a damn. The victim is a schizophrenic and he is going to be dealing with the repercussions for the rest of his life. One of the women has two children and their lives are going to be impacted forever and they will be cleaning up mom's mess. The grandmother of both women and their family are receiving death threats so they will be cleaning up mom's mess. The grandmother raised both of the young women because this is or so I have read(Don't quote me on that.) their mother:

Lawanda Covington Mugshot - Lawanda Covington Arrest - Cook County, IL
Offender Search

Hill was arrested last year for armed robbery as a juvenile. Hill's grandmother tried to get him help. Hasn't seen him in two months. Yet, Hill goes to church with her.

^^^^Not even claiming.

SergioGetChopper.jpg

And I'll be honest I think we are over reacting because the kid was white, they were black and he was retarded
It's amazing how some people made it out of the birth canal!

Honestly..over reacting? We should be lashing out,
causing mayhem in the streets, rioting, like it would've been
had this been 4 white people and a 'retarded' black kid.

Just something else to blame Trump for!
No mother fucking accountability, race card, white folks fault
Funny thing is, it's the ghetto ass n1ggers I can't stand,
NOT the black race...just pisses me off!
Black people using the victim card argument is growing thin. I agree its not an even playing field for poor people in ghettos so I'll give 2 pieces of advice

A. Get out
B. Don't have kids you can't afford.

Half of Detroit left during the great recession of 2007. I think that was a good thing for Detroit. People who arent working should move where the opportunities are.

Buildings are being demolished and white young people (hipsters) are moving back. I can't believe it that they want to live in the city but I'm glad they do.

If whites won't go somewhere it will never be a good place to live. Blacks say they don't want to live with us but they can't seem to handle their own cities.

So if whites move to Detroit I hope detroiters don't victimize them.

I doubt it. One of the kids was said to be "friends" with the victim and they picked the victim up in Crystal Lake. That is about 1 1/2 West of Chicago. Mostly a white middle class suburb.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Bad things will happen, but by doing things right society can reduce the number of bad things. You don't know all the mechanics at play in this situation and how much the degradation of US society helped to cause such an event. Individual events can be just that, but over time you start seeing patterns.

I respect women like urself ur doing the job of two n it sounds like a good one at that. Ur son is the exception, sounds like a young man who respects his mother. unfortunately to many youngsters don't have that level of respect n that's when it takes a man to step in n bust some heads. with that said sometimes even a father can't help a child who's determined to ruin their life.

I respect women like urself ur doing the job of two n it sounds like a good one at that. Ur son is the exception, sounds like a young man who respects his mother. unfortunately to many youngsters don't have that level of respect n that's when it takes a man to step in n bust some heads. with that said sometimes even a father can't help a child who's determined to ruin their life.
But it is so very rare. I know a loser with 2 parents in his home but it's rare. Usually drugs.

My mom couldn't have done it as well alone. My sister in law couldn't do it as good alone. No one can. Best you can do is the best you can do with what you got. God bless good single moms. Too many of them aren't especially in high crime and poverty areas. It's these people I'm most worried about. The produce the future criminals and welfare Queens.

12pvu1ldqy7y-png.105380

CHICAGO ― The Chicago Police Department regularly violates citizens’ civil rights, routinely fails to hold officers accountable for misconduct and poorly trained officers at all levels, according to a sweeping Justice Department probe of the nation’s second-largest police department.

The report examined not just the on-the-street actions of the police department, but its institutional practices like training, accountability and discipline: The city’s police shot at fleeing suspects who posed no immediate threat, failed to accurately document and review when officers used force and relied on training that is decades out of date.

The findings echo those of an April 2016 report released by Chicago’s then-new Police Accountability Task Force, which emphasized that the police department must face a “painful but necessary reckoning” that includes acknowledging its racist history and its consequent legacy of corruption and mistrust ― particularly between the department and the minority communities it polices.

The DOJ also announced on Friday that it had reached an agreement with the city of Chicago to work on creating a court-enforceable plan to reform the department and address the issues aired in the report.

Read more: These are the most damning parts of the DOJ’s report on CPD.

Justice Department “pattern-or-practice” investigations do not focus on individual incidents, but rather on systemic police misconduct. Federal officials had been scrambling to complete the report before the President-elect Donald Trump is inaugurated next week. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.), who will likely be confirmed at the 84th U.S. attorney general, is skeptical of DOJ’s police investigations, which were used extensively in the Obama administration.

Forum List

Back