Poll: People Stopped Watching the NFL Because of Colin Kaepernick

And I'm certain it will remain that way, if these guys insert politics into what should be an escape from all the crap.

A plurality of people surveyed said that they stopped watching the NFL because of the quarterback’s national anthem protests.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

A plurality of people surveyed said that they stopped watching the NFL because of the quarterback’s national anthem protests.

Poll-People-Stopped-Watching-the-NFL-Because-of-Colin-Kaepernick-L.jpg

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017
5:07 pm
A new poll from J.D. Power of NFL viewers who had started to watch less games showed that the main reason for the decreased viewership was Colin Kaepernick’s anti-national anthem protests, according to ESPN.

The survey revealed that 26 percent of those who watched fewer games had tuned out due to Kaepernick’s protests. The second-most popular reason dealt with the NFL’s handling of issues related to rules and off-field player conduct at 24 percent.

According to ESPN, the NFL suffered a viewership drop this past season:

NFL game viewership on networks that broadcast games was down an average of 8 percent for the 2016 regular season versus the season before. Before the election (Nov. 8), games for the first nine weeks were down 14 percent compared to 2015. The final eight weeks saw only a drop of 1 percent compared to Weeks 10-17 in 2015.

Throughout the 2016 season, Kaepernick would kneel during the national anthem in protest on behalf of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Kaepernick, who played for the San Francisco 49ers for the past six season, remains a free agent this offseason. Some observers have attributed Kaepernick’s unemployment to his activism, while ignoring the fact that his team only won two games last season.
A whole 2% of all NFL viewers. Likely mostly dumbass conservatives who weren't really into the NFL to begin with.
Dumbasses?

The faggot wore socks portraying police as little pigs. Seems to me HE IS THE DUMBASS. His career is over so you tell me who the dumbfuck is...
Who said Kaepernick's not a dumbass??

Anyone who enjoys the NFL and gave it up because of Kaepernick, is a dumbass.
Nonsense

People boycott/protest all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons. INCLUDING LEFTISTS
So? People who cut off their nose to spite their face, are dumbasses.

And I'm certain it will remain that way, if these guys insert politics into what should be an escape from all the crap.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017
A new poll from J.D. Power of NFL viewers who had started to watch less games showed that the main reason for the decreased viewership was Colin Kaepernick’s anti-national anthem protests, according to ESPN.

The survey revealed that 26 percent of those who watched fewer games had tuned out due to Kaepernick’s protests. The second-most popular reason dealt with the NFL’s handling of issues related to rules and off-field player conduct at 24 percent.

NFL game viewership on networks that broadcast games was down an average of 8 percent for the 2016 regular season versus the season before. Before the election (Nov. 8), games for the first nine weeks were down 14 percent compared to 2015. The final eight weeks saw only a drop of 1 percent compared to Weeks 10-17 in 2015.

Throughout the 2016 season, Kaepernick would kneel during the national anthem in protest on behalf of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Kaepernick, who played for the San Francisco 49ers for the past six season, remains a free agent this offseason. Some observers have attributed Kaepernick’s unemployment to his activism, while ignoring the fact that his team only won two games last season.
A whole 2% of all NFL viewers. Likely mostly dumbass conservatives who weren't really into the NFL to begin with.

Well I for one, have always been a huge NFL fan. When the Kaepernick flap came along and much of the focus turned to his actions and his complaints, it became a huge turn off to me, and I'm certain millions of others.

I don't watch football to get another lesson of Black Lives Matter, and the history of black suppression. I can get my fill of that watching any broadcast or cable news show.
TV sports is an escape from all of that. If I'm going to get beat over the head, I'll be tuning out.
In other words, you didn't give up football because of Kaepernick; which by the way, was barely noticeable. Players from my team did what he did. It was offensive but no big deal in terms of the game.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017

Dumbasses?

The faggot wore socks portraying police as little pigs. Seems to me HE IS THE DUMBASS. His career is over so you tell me who the dumbfuck is...

Nonsense

People boycott/protest all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons. INCLUDING LEFTISTS
I know, you just did it to yourself lol.

Nothing wrong with taking a stand on this issue anymore that any other issue.

Troll harder

Dumbasses?

Nonsense

Troll harder
:cuckoo:

Dumbasses?

Nonsense

Troll harder
:cuckoo:
Lighten up Francis lol

I continued to watch. Not letting a nutjob leftist take away one of my passions. Had I lived there I may have reacted differently but I don't. My memories of the 49ers are from Joe Montana's era. This douchenozzel is but a blip on the radar.

I know, right? lol. I am not going to let some kneeling twat stop me from enjoying my Steeler Sundays.
the tight polyester pants turn you on do they?

Depends on whose wearing them. lol
ph3iron can't handle this vvv

4960788831_0c9c6c7f2f_b.jpg

I continued to watch. Not letting a nutjob leftist take away one of my passions. Had I lived there I may have reacted differently but I don't. My memories of the 49ers are from Joe Montana's era. This douchenozzel is but a blip on the radar.

I know, right? lol. I am not going to let some kneeling twat stop me from enjoying my Steeler Sundays.

Keep me out of this fag shit

vvv This vvv is gay to you?? Sad.

c9b433332cd17ea54a2fb190429fb874.jpg

vvv This vvv is gay to you?? Sad.

c9b433332cd17ea54a2fb190429fb874.jpg
That's even worse. Gotta go home to a house full of kids & grandkids soon. The bar is packed with hotties so that shit don't help matters any.

I'm not going to stop watching something that's entertaining just because of one man's politics. I feel the same way when people say they are going to stop watch so-or-so's movies due to an actor's politics. Sean Penn is a fucking douchebag, but he's a good actor. If he makes a good movie I'll watch it. Mel Gibson hates the Jews, but he makes great movies so... I hate the Jews.

Why watch pro-football?

What does it do for you?

Why watch pro-football?

What does it do for you?
The same thing as fishing or shooting my son in laws guns.

Why ask a stupid fucking question?

The Dixie Chicks didn't stop me from watching last year's CMA award show.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, the people that you do not care for can be used as your bathroom break and whatever deposit it is that you make in your porcelain bank can be dedicated to them. :D :D :D

I still watch but with much less devotion and enthusiasm. Kaeperneck's stunt wasn't when I began to lose interest. That started years ago with stupid rule changes too many flags and playing games in European soccer stadiums. But Kaep's disrespect of my country sure hasn't helped.
Conservatives make the NFL un-watchable.

Why watch pro-football?

What does it do for you?
The same thing as fishing or shooting my son in laws guns.

Why ask a stupid fucking question?
If you go fishing, you get fish.

If you go shooting, you gain skill with a gun, or can.

What the ever loving fucking hell do you get from watching football other than obviously dumber, fatter, grouchier and a bigger pain in the ass than Rosie O'Donnel?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back