Poll: People Stopped Watching the NFL Because of Colin Kaepernick

Here's my beef with the whole CK flap. I suppose doing what he did was technically exercising his right to free speech and all that, so he thus was entitled to express himself as he chose to do. And I gave him the benefit of the doubt that his decision was sincere and very heartfelt. But what happened immediately as a result was the TV camera(s) drew a bead on him and for the next several seconds he filled the screens of everyone tuned into that broadcast.

After that in subsequent games teammates and players on other teams not playing the 49ers began to mimic CK's actions and, if there was a way to prove it, I'd bet dollars to donuts many of them were more motivated by the prospect of the cameras honing in on them for the entire regional or national audiences watching than anything else. IMO if the TV cameras had just stuck with the normal crowd shots or whatever during the playing of the National Anthem the whole thing would have blown over very quickly.

Here's my beef with the whole CK flap. I suppose doing what he did was technically exercising his right to free speech and all that, so he thus was entitled to express himself as he chose to do. And I gave him the benefit of the doubt that his decision was sincere and very heartfelt. But what happened immediately as a result was the TV camera(s) drew a bead on him and for the next several seconds he filled the screens of everyone tuned into that broadcast.

After that in subsequent games teammates and players on other teams not playing the 49ers began to mimic CK's actions and, if there was a way to prove it, I'd bet dollars to donuts many of them were more motivated by the prospect of the cameras honing in on them for the entire regional or national audiences watching than anything else. IMO if the TV cameras had just stuck with the normal crowd shots or whatever during the playing of the National Anthem the whole thing would have blown over very quickly.

So football players are attention whores? Who could have guessed that?

I continued to watch. Not letting a nutjob leftist take away one of my passions. Had I lived there I may have reacted differently but I don't. My memories of the 49ers are from Joe Montana's era. This douchenozzel is but a blip on the radar.

I know, right? lol. I am not going to let some kneeling twat stop me from enjoying my Steeler Sundays.

Yeah, the whiny Steelers coach can do that for you.

Here's my beef with the whole CK flap. I suppose doing what he did was technically exercising his right to free speech and all that,

Bullsh1t. You don't have Free Speech rights on the job. The NFL used the stupid Free Speech excuse to not act because they were cowards afraid of being branded racist by libtards. What's your excuse?

And I'm certain it will remain that way, if these guys insert politics into what should be an escape from all the crap.

A plurality of people surveyed said that they stopped watching the NFL because of the quarterback’s national anthem protests.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

A plurality of people surveyed said that they stopped watching the NFL because of the quarterback’s national anthem protests.

Poll-People-Stopped-Watching-the-NFL-Because-of-Colin-Kaepernick-L.jpg

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017
5:07 pm
A new poll from J.D. Power of NFL viewers who had started to watch less games showed that the main reason for the decreased viewership was Colin Kaepernick’s anti-national anthem protests, according to ESPN.

The survey revealed that 26 percent of those who watched fewer games had tuned out due to Kaepernick’s protests. The second-most popular reason dealt with the NFL’s handling of issues related to rules and off-field player conduct at 24 percent.

According to ESPN, the NFL suffered a viewership drop this past season:

NFL game viewership on networks that broadcast games was down an average of 8 percent for the 2016 regular season versus the season before. Before the election (Nov. 8), games for the first nine weeks were down 14 percent compared to 2015. The final eight weeks saw only a drop of 1 percent compared to Weeks 10-17 in 2015.

Throughout the 2016 season, Kaepernick would kneel during the national anthem in protest on behalf of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Kaepernick, who played for the San Francisco 49ers for the past six season, remains a free agent this offseason. Some observers have attributed Kaepernick’s unemployment to his activism, while ignoring the fact that his team only won two games last season.
A whole 2% of all NFL viewers. Likely mostly dumbass conservatives who weren't really into the NFL to begin with.

Last edited:
I continued to watch. Not letting a nutjob leftist take away one of my passions. Had I lived there I may have reacted differently but I don't. My memories of the 49ers are from Joe Montana's era. This douchenozzel is but a blip on the radar.

I know, right? lol. I am not going to let some kneeling twat stop me from enjoying my Steeler Sundays.

I miss Bill Cowher.

I miss Bill Cowher.

Now that was a coach!

And I'm certain it will remain that way, if these guys insert politics into what should be an escape from all the crap.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017
A new poll from J.D. Power of NFL viewers who had started to watch less games showed that the main reason for the decreased viewership was Colin Kaepernick’s anti-national anthem protests, according to ESPN.

The survey revealed that 26 percent of those who watched fewer games had tuned out due to Kaepernick’s protests. The second-most popular reason dealt with the NFL’s handling of issues related to rules and off-field player conduct at 24 percent.

NFL game viewership on networks that broadcast games was down an average of 8 percent for the 2016 regular season versus the season before. Before the election (Nov. 8), games for the first nine weeks were down 14 percent compared to 2015. The final eight weeks saw only a drop of 1 percent compared to Weeks 10-17 in 2015.

Throughout the 2016 season, Kaepernick would kneel during the national anthem in protest on behalf of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Kaepernick, who played for the San Francisco 49ers for the past six season, remains a free agent this offseason. Some observers have attributed Kaepernick’s unemployment to his activism, while ignoring the fact that his team only won two games last season.
A whole 2% of all NFL viewers. Likely mostly dumbass conservatives who weren't really into the NFL to begin with.
Dumbasses?

The faggot wore socks portraying police as little pigs. Seems to me HE IS THE DUMBASS. His career is over so you tell me who the dumbfuck is...

I miss Bill Cowher.

Now that was a coach!

When that jaw came out you had better get your shit together real fast. There have only been theee Steelers' coaches in my lifetime. The Browns have that every two seasons or so. lol

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017

Dumbasses?

The faggot wore socks portraying police as little pigs. Seems to me HE IS THE DUMBASS. His career is over so you tell me who the dumbfuck is...
Who said Kaepernick's not a dumbass??

Anyone who enjoys the NFL and gave it up because of Kaepernick, is a dumbass.

I've tapered off watching sports in general the last few/several years.

football in particular has gotten so expensive to actually go see that I don't any longer when I used to hit 2-3-4 games a year. and that pisses me off.

the strikes in sports have turned me off, as those bastards make plenty of money, and, yes, when they start this kind of political statement shit I have no time for it.

I still watch occasionally but it's no longer a given on a Sunday that I'll be tuning in for my formerly beloved bears, or White Sox or Bulls, or Hawks.

they're games. the players don't give 2 shits about the fans, and that's me, so why should I care about them....

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017

Dumbasses?

Who said Kaepernick's not a dumbass??

Anyone who enjoys the NFL and gave it up because of Kaepernick, is a dumbass.
Nonsense

People boycott/protest all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons. INCLUDING LEFTISTS

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017

Well I for one, have always been a huge NFL fan. When the Kaepernick flap came along and much of the focus turned to his actions and his complaints, it became a huge turn off to me, and I'm certain millions of others.

I don't watch football to get another lesson of Black Lives Matter, and the history of black suppression. I can get my fill of that watching any broadcast or cable news show.
TV sports is an escape from all of that. If I'm going to get beat over the head, I'll be tuning out.

I'm sure some stopped watching because of him but I would also say the fact the NFL now only has two or three teams that stand out and a whole lot of mediocre ones that don't played a role as well.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017

[/QUOTE]
I thought it was the tight polyester pants / bum smacking

the tight polyester pants turn you on do they?

the tight polyester pants turn you on do they?

Depends on whose wearing them. lol

Forum List

Back