POLL on who is more “believable”….Trump or Comey….???

I think that is a hard one. Both have reasons to "airbrush the truth." Comey has more experience with that dimension while Trump will be unartfully truthful when it does not help his p[osition.

I do think that the knowledge that there "might be tapes" helped Comey with being truthful. Call it a tie.
Occasionally Trump is unartfully truthful? Most of the is is a boldface liar.
If tapes made sure Comey was truthful, and I think Comey was truthful, he said Trump asked him to step away from the Flynn investigation because Flynn was a nice guy.
Trump said he never said that. Lying Trump said it.

Trumpism: No poll is accurate unless it's favorable to their supreme leader.
Also the motto of dictators around the world.
right

because the polls 'guaranteeing' the Clinton win were so right on...
Are you boneheads going to use that excuse for the rest of eternity?

the discussion is polls.

Why are you afraid to answer?
I do not think the poll on this thread is correct.

I feel a lot more people think Comey will tell the truth over Trump Than the poll indicates.
Trump is a disgusting amoral lying son of a bitch. He be facilitating policies and issues many people like but he is doing while being an amoral, lying son of a bitch.

I keep hearing
about all of the lies that Trump has told but when I ask for some, no one answers. I will agree if you listed an actual lie that was intentional, but I can't think of one. Can you help me? How did he lie about his marriages? His businesses? Personal dealings? TIA

NYT lists 'Trump's Lies' | TheHill

JAN. 21 “A reporter for Time magazine — and I have been on their cover 14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time magazine.” (Trump was on the cover 11 times and Nixon appeared 55 times.) Did he think he was on more than anyone else? With his ego, probably. Not a biggie.

JAN. 23 “Between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused me to lose the popular vote.” (There's no evidence of illegal voting.) True, there is no proof.

JAN. 25 “Now, the audience was the biggest ever. But this crowd was massive. Look how far back it goes. This crowd was massive.” (Official aerial photos show Obama's 2009 inauguration was much more heavily attended.) Most of his rallies were massive. NYT did not provide proof

JAN. 25 “Take a look at the Pew reports (which show voter fraud.)” (The report never mentioned voter fraud.)
This Could be a lie.

JAN. 25 “So, look, when President Obama was there two weeks ago making a speech, very nice speech. Two people were shot and killed during his speech. You can't have that.” (There were no gun homicide victims in Chicago that day.) Tell me what day they did not have homocide! nOT A LIE

JAN. 26 “We've taken in tens of thousands of people. We know nothing about them. They can say they vet them. They didn't vet them. They have no papers. How can you vet somebody when you don't know anything about them and you have no papers? How do you vet them? You can't.” (Vetting lasts up to two years.) We've taken in more than thousands without papers and or vetting. You know that!

JAN. 26 “I cut off hundreds of millions of dollars off one particular plane, hundreds of millions of dollars in a short period of time. It wasn't like I spent, like, weeks, hours, less than hours, and many, many hundreds of millions of dollars. And the plane's going to be better.” (Most of the cuts were already planned.) Prove it. This is the NYT. I remember the article.

FEB. 6 “And the previous administration allowed it to happen because we shouldn't have been in Iraq, but we shouldn't have gotten out the way we got out. It created a vacuum, ISIS was formed.” (The group’s origins date to 2004.) Isis took over after Obama could not negotiation of terms fopr the US to stay there.

FEB. 7 “And yet the murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years, right? Did you know that? Forty-seven years.” (It was higher in the 1980s and '90s.) I'd like to see a link.

FEB. 7 “I saved more than $600 million. I got involved in negotiation on a fighter jet, the F-35.” (The Defense Department projected this price drop before Trump took office.)But after his election. He didn't waste any time.

FEB. 16 “We got 306 because people came out and voted like they've never seen before so that's the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan.” (George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama all won bigger margins in the Electoral College.) that is a lie!

FEB. 16 “Walmart announced it will create 10,000 jobs in the United States just this year because of our various plans and initiatives.” (The jobs are a result of its investment plans announced in October 2016.) AFTER his election.

FEB. 16 “We had a very smooth rollout of the travel ban. But we had a bad court. Got a bad decision.” (The rollout was chaotic.) I don't remember that. Provide a link.

FEB. 18 “And there was no way to vet those people. There was no documentation. There was no nothing.” (Refugees receive multiple background checks, taking up to two years.) Not under Obama and what about Mexicans?

FEB. 18 “You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?” (Trump implied there was a terror attack in Sweden, but there was no such attack.) Provide documentation. NYT word against Trumps. Could be a lie, maybe not.

FEB. 24 “By the way, you folks are in here — this place is packed, there are lines that go back six blocks.” (There was no evidence of long lines.) We saw lines going around blocks. Nothing new.

FEB. 24 “ICE came and endorsed me.”(Only its union did.) That's who does the endorsing, duh?!

FEB. 24 “Obamacare covers very few people — and remember, deduct from the number all of the people that had great health care that they loved that was taken away from them — it was taken away from them.” (Obamacare increased coverage by a net of about 20 million.)I won't agree with the 20 mil, but it covered some that wouldn't have had it.

FEB. 27 “Since Obamacare went into effect, nearly half of the insurers are stopped and have stopped from participating in the Obamacare exchanges.” (Many fewer pulled out.) They need to provide a link...again!

How many of these “lies” are proven wrong by “facts?” The New YOrk Times is a biased newspaper. So they had better “put up or shut up!” Provide the links these items are not true. Some are bonifide.

And we could go on… Some of these are amusing. Like Ice endorsing him. (It was the UNION) That is who does the endorsing…the Union!

The NYT is a biased newspaper. You are believing all they say without question. That is wrong. At least I read and determined that a few are actual lies. Some of course is Trumps bombastic ego. Thopse would be exaggerations. Are there any lies that were of a national interest that he could be impeached by?

Last edited:
Not this time they didn't.
They showed the fervent, sweaty wishes of the democrats.

True, Murdoch's Wall Street Journal is unbelievably biased toward democrats, correct? ....LOL

the fact that no evidence of wrong doing has been produced and Trump was not being investigated

Ahem........no indictable evidence has been revealed SO FAR........AND, in your mind, is Trump under investigation AFTER firing Comey? Yes or No? (careful with that quick response.)

NO, if you note the Deputy AGs quick response, after stories of Trump being investigated were circulated, that stories form anonymous should be viewed skeptically. Of course you hacks ignored that caution and have gone full speed ahead with the supposition and innuendo. Like I said, feel free to keep it up.

Here’s some so-called “fake news” for Trump acolytes……

Forty-five percent of respondents say they are more likely to believe Comey's version of events from his June 8 testimony to the U.S. Senate, versus 22 percent who are more likely to believe what Trump has said. (WOW, I'm amazed: 2% of democrats actually believe Trump?)

View attachment 135444
A deeper dive into the poll has even worse news for Trump. For instance, when broken down by party affiliation, only fifty percent of Republicans said they believe Trump. Also, his overall disapproval shot up eight points since last month.

More Americans believe Comey over Trump according to a new NBC/WSJ poll
NBC news...Oh boy!

Forty-five percent of respondents say they are more likely to believe Comey's version of events from his June 8 testimony to the U.S. Senate, versus 22 percent who are more likely to believe what Trump has said. (WOW, I'm amazed: 2% of democrats actually believe Trump?)

View attachment 135444
A deeper dive into the poll has even worse news for Trump. For instance, when broken down by party affiliation, only fifty percent of Republicans said they believe Trump. Also, his overall disapproval shot up eight points since last month.

Who were the ones that they had surveyed, Comey's family?

tumblr_m2aslnJs2C1qer56yo2_250.gif

NO, if you note the Deputy AGs quick response, after stories of Trump being investigated were circulated, that stories form anonymous should be viewed skeptically. Of course you hacks ignored that caution and have gone full speed ahead with the supposition and innuendo. Like I said, feel free to keep it up.

Again, Tx.....you have absolutely NO worries....Trump is :beloved" by everyone and needs only worry about getting all his legislation through......Just give him more ice cream an Big Macs, and all is well......LOL

View attachment 135444

Poll is bogus...say they interviewed 900 adults...look at sample...numbers do not match.

Poll is bogus...say they interviewed 900 adults...look at sample...numbers do not match.

i have often stated that the Wall Street Journal should hire idiots like you to help them conduct polls......Hopefully your phone is ringing.......

As a political science major you must look a thing the sample and how poll conducted. I stated on this board that Trump would win Pennsylvania and Michigan because they over polled Democrats. Sample must match state % of registered voters.

Trump, on the other hand is a pathological LIAR in his marriages, businesses and personal dealings.......and all that Trump moronically does is tweet far from under oath.
Just like Hitlery Clinton. And Bill Clinton. And Barack Obama. And Joe Biden. And John F. Kennedy. And....

Forum List

Back