poll of Americans: 58% say rich pay too little taxes

I dont know if they do or not.

What I care about is.....

Far right wingers will preach about never cuttting military spending, and how, quote from a USMB'er, "no government employee should earn more than anyone in the military" (Yes, I know, he probably didn't get the irony of his statement either).

So....lets say there is a boater callling "SOS" in US oceanic waters, say near a port of Savannah or Charleston. The US Coast Guard (Military) would be out searching, along with local PD and FD boats. The right wingers will preach daily about never harming the pay/benefits/funding for the military guys in that search, but will say "fuck off" to the PD and FD guys...risking their safety on the very same water, looking for the very same distressed boater.

When the far right began saying "fuck off" to PD and FD, they lost my vote forever.

Wow...only 58%.

Well, that means that some who pay taxes feel the same way.

I wonder if they polled that 58% to see if they could find their asses with both hands ?

Used to be 80% before the Pub Propaganda Machine redirected their idiot drones...

Jeeebus, Pub dupes are dum. THE POOREST pay as much %wise as the richest in all taxes and fees, and the middle class MORE. The rich ACTUALLY pay about 17%, and corporations 12%- you are totally duped tools of the greedy rich, shytteheads....Ay caramba.

Far right wingers will preach about never cuttting military spending, and how, quote from a USMB'er, "no government employee should earn more than anyone in the military" (Yes, I know, he probably didn't get the irony of his statement either).

So....lets say there is a boater callling "SOS" in US oceanic waters, say near a port of Savannah or Charleston. The US Coast Guard (Military) would be out searching, along with local PD and FD boats. The right wingers will preach daily about never harming the pay/benefits/funding for the military guys in that search, but will say "fuck off" to the PD and FD guys...risking their safety on the very same water, looking for the very same distressed boater.

When the far right began saying "fuck off" to PD and FD, they lost my vote forever.

You mean to tell us you are butt hurt by comments made here.

Oh Brother...............

Jeeebus, Pub dupes are dum. THE POOREST pay as much %wise as the richest in all taxes and fees, and the middle class MORE. The rich ACTUALLY pay about 17%, and corporations 12%- you are totally duped tools of the greedy rich, shytteheads....Ay caramba.

At the state and local level, the lowest income earners pay double to four times the percentage of taxes compared to the highest income earners.

Nah. Just to say that the behavior of Tea Party supported politicians at all levels of govt over the last 2 years has caused me to have a serious rethinking of my values, political viewpoints, voting tendency.

After some long thought (and months away from USMB) I've decided that voting Democrat across the board will best relay my views this fall.

Jeeebus, Pub dupes are dumb. THE POOREST pay as much %wise as the richest in all taxes and fees, and the middle class MORE. The rich ACTUALLY pay about 17%, and corporations 12%- you are totally duped tools of the greedy rich, shytteheads....Ay caramba.

Why not deal with FACTS rather the guesses, hyperbole, hysteria???

In 2008 Source: IRS Analysis of Tax returns for 2008
SOI Tax Stats - Individual Statistical Tables by Size of Adjusted Gross Income

4.345 million tax returns PAID 22% of all the taxes paid in 2008.

They paid this on taxable income of $2.053 trillion.

So if the Federal government takes ALL their income which is what evidently 58% wants to happen that will be another $1.818 trillion. That year.
Great for that tax year.

BUT THE NEXT year what will happen?
It will NOT be $1.818 trillion I guarantee 100%!
Why? Because many of those 4.345 million WILL HAVE in all likelihood do the following:
1) Move some of those assets that they can OFF SHORE!
2) Sell some of those assets (probably at a fire sale since others will be selling their assets) so they can pay their next year tax bill.
3) Renounce their US citizenship.. see this web site:460 people renounced their U.S. citizenship in first quarter of year | Fox News

The latest list of 460 citizens who have chosen to expatriate, published on April 30, 2012, included several well known figures. Denise Rich, songwriter, socialite and the former wife of a pardoned billionaire, has given up her U.S. citizenship, and will reportedly thus save millions in U.S. taxes as well. Rich appeared under her maiden name, Denise Eisenberg.

And Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin, who made billions off the worlds most popular social network, has also chosen to renounce his U.S. citizenship in favor or residence in Singapore, where there is no capital gains tax.

Why not deal with FACTS rather the guesses, hyperbole, hysteria???

In 2008 Source: IRS Analysis of Tax returns for 2008
SOI Tax Stats - Individual Statistical Tables by Size of Adjusted Gross Income

4.345 million tax returns PAID 22% of all the taxes paid in 2008.

They paid this on taxable income of $2.053 trillion.

So if the Federal government takes ALL their income which is what evidently 58% wants to happen that will be another $1.818 trillion. That year.
Great for that tax year.

BUT THE NEXT year what will happen?
It will NOT be $1.818 trillion I guarantee 100%!
Why? Because many of those 4.345 million WILL HAVE in all likelihood do the following:
1) Move some of those assets that they can OFF SHORE!
2) Sell some of those assets (probably at a fire sale since others will be selling their assets) so they can pay their next year tax bill.
3) Renounce their US citizenship.. see this web site:460 people renounced their U.S. citizenship in first quarter of year | Fox News

The latest list of 460 citizens who have chosen to expatriate, published on April 30, 2012, included several well known figures. Denise Rich, songwriter, socialite and the former wife of a pardoned billionaire, has given up her U.S. citizenship, and will reportedly thus save millions in U.S. taxes as well. Rich appeared under her maiden name, Denise Eisenberg.

And Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin, who made billions off the worlds most popular social network, has also chosen to renounce his U.S. citizenship in favor or residence in Singapore, where there is no capital gains tax.

what shitty Americans they are for not wanting to pay taxes

There was a time when rich people here didnt mind payiing their fair share of taxes.

Now they spend more in donations to partys to avoid taxes than they would have paid taxes to pay less taxes.

WTF is wiht that?

Nah. Just to say that the behavior of Tea Party supported politicians at all levels of govt over the last 2 years has caused me to have a serious rethinking of my values, political viewpoints, voting tendency.

After some long thought (and months away from USMB) I've decided that voting Democrat across the board will best relay my views this fall.

Fiscal responsibility and accountability scare many.......

The very thought of having to pay your own way..There should be a law right.

I have never wanted to rag on you, but your intentional confusion of local and federal responsibilities doesnt leave us much choice..........

Most people have no idea what the rich really pay in taxes. They think the rich pay little or even no taxes.

The average democrat is convinced that people who pay no income taxes at all pay more than the rich. Maybe it has something to do with early pot use.

Review & Outlook: How Much the Rich Pay - WSJ.com

The main point is that the average effective tax rate on the richest 1% is already twice as high as that of the middle class. No matter how many times Mr. Buffett asserts it, secretaries and plumbers do not on average pay a higher tax rate or less in taxes than do CEOs. Here is what the CBO concludes: "Taken as a whole, the federal tax system is progressive."

In any event, raising tax rates has not over time succeeded in increasing tax shares from the rich. When the top income-tax rate was as high as 70% in the 1970s, the top 1% paid about 19% of all federal income taxes. At the current rate of 35% the top 1% pay just under 40% of all income taxes. Liberals say this is because the rich earn a larger share of income. But when tax rates are lower, the rich have less incentive to seek tax shelters and more incentive to put their money to work in income-earning, revenue-producing ventures.

Forum List

Back