Poll: McCain more popular with Democrats than Republicans

Being politically independent I prefer politicians that don't simply rubber stamp their party's position. McCain's been fine as my congressman and now senator. I could do without his foreign intervention stances but did wish he was the GOP nominee in 2000 instead of 2008.
that is so disingenuous. the dude ran on repeal and replace. and then reneged. that's not a good thing for a senator to do. so what you're saying is he is a liar and you like him lying. funny,.

There's a huge hole in the logic of your thinking there. McCain didn't run on a replacement policy that took medical dollars away from Arizona and gave them to Texas.
I notice you left off the repeal piece of that puzzle you're working on.

Wow. If only he had been this popular with the Democrats when he was running for president.

Poll: McCain more popular with Democrats than Republicans

Democratic voters hold a much more favorable opinion of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) than Republicans, according to a new poll released days after McCain cast a crucial vote killing a scaled-down ObamaCare repeal measure in the Senate.

Nearly three in four Democrats, 74 percent, hold a favorable opinion of McCain, while only 39 percent of Republican have a favorable view of the GOP senator, according to a Quinnipiac University Poll released Wednesday.

Forty-nine percent of Republicans hold an unfavorable view of the Arizona lawmaker, while 18 percent of Democrats have an unfavorable opinion, according to the poll. Twice as many independents view him positively than negatively, 60 to 28 percent.

The real story is that independents support McCain strongly. That spells trouble for Republicans. I could see a lot of Republicans who can win a primary but can't win a general.

I think many do not have not supported many of his views, still respect his military service,

I wish that is true. Trump impugned his service because he was a POW and Trump supporters regularly denigrate his service and advance the phony story he was a informant. It makes me angry because I am a veteran as well.

dude, too funny, like your partisan news holes would ever report that. too fking funny. you hate the real news.

Breitbart is a joke. The fact is that Trump has ties to Soros as well.

dude, too funny, like your partisan news holes would ever report that. too fking funny. you hate the real news.

Breitbart is a joke. The fact is that Trump has ties to Soros as well.

Being politically independent I prefer politicians that don't simply rubber stamp their party's position. McCain's been fine as my congressman and now senator. I could do without his foreign intervention stances but did wish he was the GOP nominee in 2000 instead of 2008.
that is so disingenuous. the dude ran on repeal and replace. and then reneged. that's not a good thing for a senator to do. so what you're saying is he is a liar and you like him lying. funny,.

McCain didn't agree with the replace part of it. He kept his promise.

Democrats always loved McCain until he ran for president and then they demonized him nonstop and raked him over the coals.
100% incorrect. They disagreed with him on policy but never treated him as scum like Trump does.
trump was spot on about this fake senator.
A large majority of the country is on McCain's side.
68% of the country see this revolting prez for what he is.
A pathological liar and totally incompetent.
oh don't give me your fking biased poll shit. go away. next you'll tell me trump will loose in a landslide to hitlery.

Don't give me your fking biased poll shit. The polls had Clinton winning the popular vote by a few points and they were right.

Democrats always loved McCain until he ran for president and then they demonized him nonstop and raked him over the coals.
100% incorrect. They disagreed with him on policy but never treated him as scum like Trump does.

Trump was 100% wrong. You are a fake conservative.
son, it's a message board, your opinion is weighted the same as mine. but as far as factual evidence, Trump said mccain sang, he did. so, what ya gonna do about it? give me more of your opinion or look up facts?

here:

John McCain: Make-Believe Maverick - Rolling Stone
"At Fort McNair, an army base located along the Potomac River in the nation's capital, a chance reunion takes place one day between two former POWs. It's the spring of 1974, and Navy commander John Sidney McCain III has returned home from the experience in Hanoi that, according to legend, transformed him from a callow and reckless youth into a serious man of patriotism and purpose. Walking along the grounds at Fort McNair, McCain runs into John Dramesi, an Air Force lieutenant colonel who was also imprisoned and tortured in Vietnam."
"There's a distance between the two men that belies their shared experience in North Vietnam — call it an honor gap. Like many American POWs, McCain broke down under torture and offered a "confession" to his North Vietnamese captors. Dramesi, in contrast, attempted two daring escapes. For the second he was brutalized for a month with daily torture sessions that nearly killed him. His partner in the escape, Lt. Col. Ed Atterberry, didn't survive the mistreatment."

There's a huge hole in the logic of your thinking there. McCain didn't run on a replacement policy that took medical dollars away from Arizona and gave them to Texas.

"And" means that there has to be a replace as well as repeal. You need to look at some books.

son, it's a message board, your opinion is weighted the same as mine. but as far as factual evidence, Trump said mccain sang, he did. so, what ya gonna do about it? give me more of your opinion or look up facts?

Trump said that so it is true. There are no facts to back it up. Trump has been caught in so many lies. Today he got caught in another lie.

A large majority of the country is on McCain's side.
68% of the country see this revolting prez for what he is.
A pathological liar and totally incompetent.
oh don't give me your fking biased poll shit. go away. next you'll tell me trump will loose in a landslide to hitlery.

Don't give me your fking biased poll shit. The polls had Clinton winning the popular vote by a few points and they were right.
LOL

Trump said that so it is true. There are no facts to back it up. Trump has been caught in so many lies. Today he got caught in another lie.
but trump was spot on. thanks, look at what I posted about old Johnny boy back a post or two ago.

"And" means that there has to be a replace as well as repeal. You need to look at some books.
who said anything that a replace wouldn't follow a repeal, first you repeal, he sang on that. He reneged his constituents. that makes him a liar.

Over the past 36 years my family and I have had excellent medical coverage through my employer. Heck it even provides us Medicine Man coverage which cracks me up. Thus my main personal concern with Obamacare has always been its imposition of a penalty on my company for providing that medical insurance benefit.

When the GOP talks of Obamacare repeal, it speaks with a forked tongue.

The National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) issued the following statement on the healthcare reform bill proposed by Senators Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Bill Cassidy (R-LA), Dean Heller (R-NV) and Ron Johnson (R-WI)...

... We also have serious concerns with the retention of the Cadillac tax and the Health Insurance Tax (HIT), which, once they are retained in this proposal will effectively make them permanent, as states will grow dependent on these funds for implementing their health reforms. The Cadillac tax will impose a 40% excise tax on health plans that exceed certain cost thresholds beginning in 2020, while the HIT is currently under a one-year moratorium and is set to take effect again next year, adding an additional $500 to average premiums per affected family every year.

NAHU Unable To Support Graham-Cassidy

Trump was very popular with Democrats when he was very pro-choice and calling for America to cut-and-run from Iraq and impeach Bush. Especially since he was a registered Democrat himself.

Trump was very popular with Democrats when he was very pro-choice and calling for America to cut-and-run from Iraq and impeach Bush. Especially since he was a registered Democrat himself.

It's amazing the shit he used to say and the shit he says today with a straight face...actually it's not so amazing considering the dupes he says it to.

j87hEdy.png

rand-paul-launches-anti-trump-attack-ad--gets-called-a-mess-in-response.jpg

It's amazing the shit he used to say and the shit he says today with a straight face...actually it's not so amazing considering the dupes he says it to.

j87hEdy.png

rand-paul-launches-anti-trump-attack-ad--gets-called-a-mess-in-response.jpg
trump_registration_highlighted.jpg

Forum List

Back