Poll for Christians

What is the biggest day of the year for Christians?

• Christmas

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Easter

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Good Friday

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Mac's Birthday

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Mango

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
I'm posting this on Easter Sunday, which I guess is why the question popped into my little brain.

What is the biggest day of the year for you, and why?
I am replying to this on Easter Sunday, which is why I guess the answer popped into my big head (not to be confused with my other "little" head).

:D

Easter! :)

He is RISEN

the sacrifice was made, and we are wiped clean.

Yeah, you see, this is my problem with Christianity. God had to turn himself into a man and suffer a horrible death, to redeem a sin that wasn't that big of a deal to start with.

But only if you actually accept that version of God. If you are a Hindu or Buddhist you are basically screwed.
You seem to be hung up on the Protestant dogma.

Lose the Protestant dogma and then Christianity may make more sense for you.

Maybe and maybe not.
I can't get into the religious story of Easter. It is the ultimate in pagan human sacrifice and while I can understand it being viewed that way two thousand years ago, it would seem to me we might have been able to get shut of that by now. Communion as symbolic cannabilism and the crucifixion as human sacrifice just gross me out. Can't get around it.

I can't get into the religious story of Easter. It is the ultimate in pagan human sacrifice and while I can understand it being viewed that way two thousand years ago, it would seem to me we might have been able to get shut of that by now. Communion as symbolic cannabilism and the crucifixion as human sacrifice just gross me out. Can't get around it.
Well if you are not worried about meeting Jesus someday then I suppose you don't need to worry about Easter.

But I would think Jesus would not be very impressed with you if you did not pay some attention to him at least once each year, and Easter is the best time for that.

Most people are scientific agnostics and don't get into religion very much.

Most people are religion theists and of these Christians are the most numerous with Muslims in a close second place.

I am a philosophical deist however I still respect Jesus as the world's ultimate philosopher. Only Immanuel Kant even comes close to being like Jesus although Kant falls far short in his explanations of Karma.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is similar to Kant -- Kant just rephrased it philosophically.

Everyone need models and heroes. Jesus is a good model and hero as a philosopher.

If you don't like the Catholic church's interpretation of the unleavened bread and the wine you can always go Protestant or Jewish.

He is RISEN

Yeah, you see, this is my problem with Christianity. God had to turn himself into a man and suffer a horrible death, to redeem a sin that wasn't that big of a deal to start with.

But only if you actually accept that version of God. If you are a Hindu or Buddhist you are basically screwed.

Maybe and maybe not.
It's symbolism, following Jewish tradition of Day of atonement, and other Sacrifices they did for atonement like slaughter a pure Lamb for forgiveness of sins etc....

Christ's slaughter was the final atonement, the final sacrificial Lamb once and for ALL, ending the Jewish traditions of atonement for his followers.

He is RISEN

Maybe and maybe not.
It's symbolism, following Jewish tradition of Day of atonement, and other Sacrifices they did for atonement like slaughter a pure Lamb for forgiveness of sins etc....

Christ's slaughter was the final atonement, the final sacrificial Lamb once and for ALL, ending the Jewish traditions of atonement for his followers.
Well I'm glad we are using wafers now rather than slaughtered animals anymore.

That much is at least an improvement.

The wine is still good then as now !!

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

Yup. still works like a charm!

:wine:

Hopefully you will sober up one day, like a person waking up from a bad dream..Only thing is, this is no bad dream.

Last edited:
I'm posting this on Easter Sunday, which I guess is why the question popped into my little brain.

What is the biggest day of the year for you, and why?

The fact that Jesus Christ rose again to give all of us a chance at eternal life if the very basis of Christianity. It gives hope to the hopeless and allows us to set standards of living to reach that goal. Everything else is secondary.

I'm posting this on Easter Sunday, which I guess is why the question popped into my little brain. What is the biggest day of the year for you, and why?.
The fact that Jesus Christ rose again to give all of us a chance at eternal life if the very basis of Christianity. It gives hope to the hopeless and allows us to set standards of living to reach that goal. Everything else is secondary.
So you would say Easter?

I'm posting this on Easter Sunday, which I guess is why the question popped into my little brain. What is the biggest day of the year for you, and why?.
So you would say Easter?

Definitely.

But there are no facts in evidence that he did any such thing.

Maybe Jesus was just someone who was made up, like Socrates or Robin Hood or King Arthur or Paul Bunyan.

Maybe he was a real person who was crucified and his followers stole his body and lied about him coming back to life.

Maybe he's some fool who just managed to survive crucifixion (a pretty inefficient way of executing someone) and died later, but his followers made a bigger deal about it than it should have been.

Now, you do make a good point that it does give you hope that there is life after death. That would be kind of cool. All you have to do is do what htey tell you and give them a shitload of money and they will give you this big reward after you die that they can't prove is real.

Come to think of it, there is a major correlation between believing in Jesus and voting Republicans. It's gullibility.

Easter. It's more meaningful for Christians. Their celebration of Christ's resurrection is almost the entire reason for the holiday.

Christmas is a good time to celebrate his birth, but that holiday is more popular in general because unbelievers also celebrate it, and it comes surrounded by a host of other trappings, such as decorations and gift exchanges.

He is RISEN

Maybe and maybe not.
The word is αἷμα; blood, kin, Consanguinity ("blood relation", from the Latin consanguinitas) is the property of being from the same kinship as another person. In that aspect, consanguinity is the quality of being descended from the same ancestor as another person.

In Jesus's case it is being born of the same spirit. God is a spirit, Spirit was pressed by Jesus many times in the Old and New Testament. As for you and I, 'we have a kindred spirit that agrees on many levels but may not on all levels, in all places and circumstances.' <yios' will have to punctuated that phrase for them self if it is not correct.

Add this with a few other references and it may make a little more sense for some who cannot perceive. Luke 1:2
"Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word"
From witnesses; of those who lived previously that passed it down, the testimony of those who made records or gave testimony that was recorded in some manner. 1John 1:1-2 "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us". The spirit from the beginning that is of the eternal life was manifested to them and they saw it (could perceive or understand it with their own eyes- being the mental perception). Writing a story creates the visualization for another can see in their minds what the writer is portraying with words that describe the scenario.

Pieces and parts compiled to share what other humans had experience in this world that came from the region beyond (Hebrew- from the region beyond). Spiritually speaking it is that portion which has wings not of the carnal portion of the world but in the spirit which resides within and throughout.

Tomorrow. I hope to still be alive then.
You're a Christian?
Whoa, whoa - let's not be like Jesus (who won't allow non-Christians to participate in Heaven - he sends them to hell) - instead, let's not discriminate against non-Christians here. I voted in the poll, and I'm not unscientifically-minded enough to be a Christian.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back