Poll: Birtherism...

Do you think Obama was born in Kenya?

• Yes, there are too many gaps in his background to indicate he was.

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • No, this has been thoroughly investigated and vetted, and he was born in Hawaii

Votes: 53 63.9%
  • I don't know... Dammit, I just don't know.

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters
but it went "uncorrected" until 2007?

really?

Or that they didn't really distribute them until 2007 because no one really was interested until then.

That makes sense......but you're avoiding the question.

Where did they get the idea he was from Kenya???

Once again.....Obama likes making things up about his past. He even says he's spent less than any president in the last 60 years.

Wooooooh!!!!!

This guy is willing to boldly proclaim some serious whoppers.

That's not what he said, but that's okay, I know you are easily confused.

Or that they didn't really distribute them until 2007 because no one really was interested until then.

Once again.....Obama likes making things up about his past. He even says he's spent less than any president in the last 60 years.

Wooooooh!!!!!

I'm not confused. It's a fine line between what he said and what people will think. What he said was meant to look like he's thrifty and that's untrue.

Wooooooh!!!!!

I'm not confused. It's a fine line between what he said and what people will think. What he said was meant to look like he's thrifty and that's untrue.

What he said was that he proposed less new programs than his precedecessors, and he's mostly correct.

But weren't you hear whining last week that your unit was discussing budget cuts because of Obama?

I'm sort of depressed the tally is 3-3.

...but not surprised.

Um, actually, I'm a little surprised. And depressed.

I think it shows that some of the hatred of Obama on the right is so toxic that they will believe anything, no matter how illogical.

I can kind of understand the hatred some on the right had for Clinton. They guy was sleazy and corrupt.

Frankly, the hate the people of my former party have for Obama is kind of disturbing.

I can see a lot of good reasons to vote Against Obama, and if the GOP had run anyone but Mitt Romney, I'd be totally with them.

But this lack of logic on Birtherism, it just makes no sense to me.

just curious, do you know anything about it ??

We have 12 in the survey at this point that are either mentally feeble, simply ignorant, or malignantly motivated.

The three who say the don't know really have no excuse.

Obama is a liar, he has lied to the American people on more than quite a few occasions.
I think he lied to his publisher and said he was born in Kenya, in order to help sell his book.
He lied to the people about being able to keep their health care insurance if they liked it.
If he can do that on camera, to everyone who was watching him on TV, he would certainly lie about where he was born, in order to prop up sales of his book, way before he decided to run for state senate. It's coming back to bite him in the butt.

What he said was that he proposed less new programs than his precedecessors, and he's mostly correct.

But weren't you hear whining last week that your unit was discussing budget cuts because of Obama?

Obama has been cutting the Department of Defense since the day he was sworn in, but he's been advertizing on TV for everyone to use their benefits. He's increased foodstamp usage unemployment, Social Security under medical reasons, you name it. He wants to increase dependancy. He is not thrifty by any stretch, yet that is what he tried to claim.....before he was laughed out of the building.

I know......it's tough defending a lying POS. It's a tough job Mr. Former conservative.

At the risk of being masochistic.... How many USMB people really, honestly believe in their heart of hearts that Obama was actually born in Kenya, and there has been a vast conspiracy to cover this fact up?

meh... the poll doesn't include an option for where I stand on the issue: "I don't care"...

At the risk of being masochistic.... How many USMB people really, honestly believe in their heart of hearts that Obama was actually born in Kenya, and there has been a vast conspiracy to cover this fact up?

meh... the poll doesn't include an option for where I stand on the issue: "I don't care"...

Not caring doesn't indicate that your brain is completely blank on that matter. It's more like he is, but who gives a shit, or he isn't, and similarly who gives a fuck. BUT I don't care.

In his memoir Dreams from My Father, Barack Obama wrote about "Frank", a friend of his grandfather's. "Frank" told Obama that he and Stanley (Obama's maternal grandfather) both had grown up only 50 miles apart, near Wichita, although they did not meet until Hawaii. He described the way race relations were back then, including Jim Crow, and his view that there had been little progress since then. As Obama remembered, "It made me smile, thinking back on Frank and his old Black Power, dashiki self. In some ways he was as incurable as my mother, as certain in his faith, living in the same sixties time warp that Hawaii had created."[20] Obama also remembered Frank later in life when he took a job in South Chicago as a community organizer and took some time one day to visit the areas where Frank had lived and wrote in his book, "I imagined Frank in a baggy suit and wide lapels, standing in front of the old Regal Theatre, waiting to see Duke or Ella emerge from a gig." [21]

In the opinion of Gerald Horne, a contributing editor to the CPUSA publication Political Affairs, Davis was "a decisive influence in helping Obama to find his present identity" as an African-American.[22] Claims that Davis was a political influence on Obama were made by Jerome Corsi in his anti-Obama book The Obama Nation.[23] A rebuttal released by Obama's presidential campaign, entitled Unfit for Publication, confirmed that "Frank" was Frank Marshall Davis, but disputes those claims about the nature of their relationship. Some have used photographic similarities, and the relationship Davis had with the family, as evidence to claim Davis was Obama's biological father.[24]

Obama's Literary Agent Checklist

President of Harvard Law Review...check
Raised in Indonesia...check
Raised in Hawaii...check
Son of American Anthropologist...check
Son of Kenya finance Minister...check
attended Columbia...check
Worked as a journalist...check
worked as editor for Business International Corp...check
Project coordinator NYPIRG in Harlem...check
Executive Director Developing Communities in Chicago...check
Birthplace...

Agent 1: Birthplace? Hmmm, I know! We'll say Kenya!
Agent 2: What?! Why Kenya? What the fuck? How did you come up with that?
Agent 1: I didn't! Barack's white half is claiming he was born in Kenya
Agent 2: His white half?
Agent 1: Ever see that Star Trek Episode

images

Last edited:
this is not an issue for America, frank. several thousand crazies on the far right are simply several thousand crazies on the right who can't influence anything,

this is not an issue for America, frank. several thousand crazies on the far right are simply several thousand crazies on the right who can't influence anything,

Yes, Vanilli, we're crazy because we find it strange that a nobody from Chicago was telling his publisher he was born in Kenya

Yes, Vanilli, we're crazy because we find it strange that a nobody from Chicago was telling his publisher he was born in Kenya

That's what has you upset? A nobody from Chicago? This is why the world laughs at you guys, Frank.

don't forget that obama's own campaign website and snopes both posted the wrong hospital in hawaii then changed it once they got their story straight...

. so many records have been scrubbed or altered.

so much money spent to cover his real past.

you only have to get to the library to read the fun fiction version/account of obama's life in "dreams from bill ayer's father".

he must think we're really dim. or/and he's a narcissist.

Last edited:
don't forget the birfers are themselves the issue, because nothing they allege is factual or important.

...but not surprised.

Um, actually, I'm a little surprised. And depressed.

I think it shows that some of the hatred of Obama on the right is so toxic that they will believe anything, no matter how illogical.

I can kind of understand the hatred some on the right had for Clinton. They guy was sleazy and corrupt.

Frankly, the hate the people of my former party have for Obama is kind of disturbing.

I can see a lot of good reasons to vote Against Obama, and if the GOP had run anyone but Mitt Romney, I'd be totally with them.

But this lack of logic on Birtherism, it just makes no sense to me.

just curious, do you know anything about it ??

I know Obama was born in Hawaii...
I know even if he wasn't, it doesn't really matter, as his mom was an American citizen.
And I know that Birtherism is really an odd brand of crazy that has no place in this country, any more than 9/11 Truthers.

Forum List

Back