Poll: Birtherism...

Do you think Obama was born in Kenya?

• Yes, there are too many gaps in his background to indicate he was.

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • No, this has been thoroughly investigated and vetted, and he was born in Hawaii

Votes: 53 63.9%
  • I don't know... Dammit, I just don't know.

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters
Yes or no, guy.

Not some obscure brochure written by some flunky who didn't bother doing her research.

DO you really think that Obama was born in Kenya, and somehow both Hillary Clinton and John McCain either missed this or ignored it?

That obscure brochure doesn't do it's research because they ask whomever they write about for their personal history.

Obama submitted that info himself.

He lied about his history so he would appear more cool.

At the risk of being masochistic.... How many USMB people really, honestly believe in their heart of hearts that Obama was actually born in Kenya, and there has been a vast conspiracy to cover this fact up?

I know I don't. I think he was born in Hawaii.. I think the Kenyan angle comes into play throughout his academic life... I'll bet you a dime to a donut that Mr. Obama is an incredibly mediocre man who used his "Kenyan" roots to his advantage most of his academic life.

Sorry though... he's just a skinny Hawaiian pothead.

Who went on to be a JD, Editor of the Harvard Law Review, a State Senator, a US Senator and then President.

Makes me wish I had smoked pot in college, but I was too busy working two jobs and the Army Reserve to engage in such foolishiness.

I'm sort of depressed the tally is 3-3.

...but not surprised.

Um, actually, I'm a little surprised. And depressed.

I think it shows that some of the hatred of Obama on the right is so toxic that they will believe anything, no matter how illogical.

I can kind of understand the hatred some on the right had for Clinton. They guy was sleazy and corrupt.

Frankly, the hate the people of my former party have for Obama is kind of disturbing.

I can see a lot of good reasons to vote Against Obama, and if the GOP had run anyone but Mitt Romney, I'd be totally with them.

But this lack of logic on Birtherism, it just makes no sense to me.

The Birtherism makes Obama look good because it appears that they have no other subjects ti criticize him on. Other than being a secret Muslim.

Yes or no, guy.

Not some obscure brochure written by some flunky who didn't bother doing her research.

DO you really think that Obama was born in Kenya, and somehow both Hillary Clinton and John McCain either missed this or ignored it?

That obscure brochure doesn't do it's research because they ask whomever they write about for their personal history.

'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Yes or no, guy.

'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

I'm sure Obama made sure she released that statement.....or else.

Cory Booker all over again.

Obama is a coward. All through his life he was afraid of telling the truth. It's why lying comes so naturally to him.

Last edited:
Gee, what sounds more logical.

That he make a false claim that might come back to haunt him.

Or a low level researcher heard a funny-sounding names and decided to make assumptions.

Had a manager make an assumption that a gal in our office spoke Chinese... which was really funny given that she came from Japan.

No one of significance and integrity on the political scene believe the story.

Or a low level researcher heard a funny-sounding names and decided to make assumptions.

Had a manager make an assumption that a gal in our office spoke Chinese... which was really funny given that she came from Japan.

It's more likely he bull shit them rather than somebody just picked a country out of blue fucken air. They could have picked Somalia, or Niger, Nairobi, the Congo......but no....they picked the country his father was from.

Now where in the heck did they get that idea from......huh?????

You are so gullible.

It's more likely he bull shit them rather than somebody just picked a country out of blue fucken air. They could have picked Somalia, or Niger, Nairobi, the Congo......but no....they picked the country his father was from.

You are so gullible.

Nairobi is in Kenya... And, yeah, there are more Kenyans in the US than Congans, Nigeriens, Somalians, etc...

obama-born-in-kenya-pamphlet-1991.jpg

Obama told his publisher that he was born in Kenya, doesn't that make him a birther?

You are so gullible.

Nairobi is in Kenya... And, yeah, there are more Kenyans in the US than Congans, Nigeriens, Somalians, etc...

Sorry, haven't had my coffee.

You get my point.....of course you don't.

You cannot assume that everyone is from Kenya. Most stories in the news weren't about Kenya back then. So making this assumption is not valid.

My nephew's dad is from Somalia. There are a lot of them here. Feel free to provide a link that proves there are more Kenyans in America than the other African countries.

Obama has this habit of embellishing his accomplishments.

The other day he said he knows more about Judaism than any other president.....because he read about it.

Back in the 80s being from Africa was a big deal. It's not much of a stretch to believe he was telling everyone he was from Kenya when he actually wasn't. My nephew came across this problem when he was telling his classmates that his father was from Somalia and they didn't believe him because he didn't have an accent. Well, since he was born in Florida and his Dad bailed on him while he was still in diapers of course he didn't have an accent.

The researcher got everything else right, but on a lark picked Kenya as the birthplace and they send Obama the proofs and Obama never corrected it....is that your story?

You are so gullible.

Sorry, haven't had my coffee.

You get my point.....of course you don't.

You cannot assume that everyone is from Kenya. Most stories in the news weren't about Kenya back then. So making this assumption is not valid.

My nephew's dad is from Somalia. There are a lot of them here. Feel free to provide a link that proves there are more Kenyans in America than the other African countries.

I agree, making assumptions is not valid, but everyone does it.

The researcher got everything else right, but on a lark picked Kenya as the birthplace and they send Obama the proofs and Obama never corrected it....is that your story?

It wasn't in the book, it was in a promotional packet that Obama probably didn't see until the book tour began..

So not even a nice try.

It wasn't in the book, it was in a promotional packet that Obama probably didn't see until the book tour began..

So not even a nice try.

Still doesn't explain the mistake. How did they pick his father's country? With darts?

You still haven't proved that Kenya has the most immigrants here in the U.S....

So not even a nice try.

but it went "uncorrected" until 2007?

really?

So not even a nice try.

really?

Or that they didn't really distribute them until 2007 because no one really was interested until then.

So not even a nice try.

Still doesn't explain the mistake. How did they pick his father's country? With darts?

You still haven't proved that Kenya has the most immigrants here in the U.S....

Um, yeah, I did... but to the point, the person who wrote it said she made a mistake. That's really kind of the end of the matter, isn't it?

Why would she have any interest in lying now? She no longer works for that company, and frankly, admitting a mistake kind of hurts her professionally.

So not even a nice try.

really?

Or that they didn't really distribute them until 2007 because no one really was interested until then.

That makes sense......but you're avoiding the question.

Where did they get the idea he was from Kenya???

Once again.....Obama likes making things up about his past. He even says he's spent less than any president in the last 60 years.

Wooooooh!!!!!

This guy is willing to boldly proclaim some serious whoppers.

Forum List

Back