Poll: Birtherism...

Do you think Obama was born in Kenya?

• Yes, there are too many gaps in his background to indicate he was.

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • No, this has been thoroughly investigated and vetted, and he was born in Hawaii

Votes: 53 63.9%
  • I don't know... Dammit, I just don't know.

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters
‘Birtherism’ is also a fascinating manifestation of the right’s contempt for the will of the American people, also a consequence of Obama’s 2008 landslide victory.

Realizing they’d never ‘get rid of Obama’ through a fair and open election process, they desperately latched onto this pathetic Hail Mary pass of a political contrivance.

Not some obscure brochure written by some flunky who didn't bother doing her research.

Please.

Young egomanic Obama, in promoting his first book, didn't write his bio or was at least complicit in promoting the fact he was born in Kenya?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obviously, you don't know much about the Publishing world. If you are doing your first book, you kind of get bitch-slapped around by teh Publisher. They pick your cover art, which book signing you go to, and you do whatever they tell you.

Really! What is the name of your book?

Please.

Young egomanic Obama, in promoting his first book, didn't write his bio or was at least complicit in promoting the fact he was born in Kenya?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obviously, you don't know much about the Publishing world. If you are doing your first book, you kind of get bitch-slapped around by teh Publisher. They pick your cover art, which book signing you go to, and you do whatever they tell you.

Really! What is the name of your book?

:lol: Seriously. :lol:

I have never believed the birther stuff to me it has been the media who has drove it and made more of story than it ever should have been.

Yes! The media.

And Orly Taitz

And Sheriff Joe

And whatzit dude in Arizona

And Donald Trump

... who else.
Orly Taitz really the only place I ever see his name mentioned is on message boards Sheriff Joe yeah right a local sheriff could really keep the birther issue going without any attention from the national media the dude in Arizona well that speaks for it's self. Donald Trump the only one you listed who actually has the money and name recognition to push the issue but even he could not keep that going without the medias help every time he talks about this all the media jumps on it and covers it as if it's real news instead of ignoring it and treating it like the non issue it is. So yes the issue is media driven it would have died long ago without the media attention in fact it would have never become a issue if not for the medias obsession with it.

I have never believed the birther stuff to me it has been the media who has drove it and made more of story than it ever should have been.

Yes! The media.

And Orly Taitz

And Sheriff Joe

And Donald Trump

... who else.

All of whom alienate voters daily. The issues are are less newsworthy than the nut cases giving the President the name of his Indonesian stepfather while adhering to their fantasy he was born in Kenya.

I don't know and I really don't care where Obama was born. I have been in Chicago many times and I do not take the word of a Chicago thug like Obama on anything. It seems to me, having traveled to 28 foreign countries, that a cursory check of Obama's mothers passport would settle the question. Either she went to Kenya to download him or she didn't.

I know my travels could be verified that way.

As with the Kennedy assassination, there are always unanswerable questions when you look at something so deeply. Plus, you begin to see things that aren't there.

As for birtherism, I think it's a complex cocktail of racism, sore loser-ship, intolerance of non-GOP, and a touch of crazy.

Yes or no, guy.

Not some obscure brochure written by some flunky who didn't bother doing her research.

DO you really think that Obama was born in Kenya, and somehow both Hillary Clinton and John McCain either missed this or ignored it?

i dont for a second, believe that he was born in Kenya, but I wouldnt be at all surprised if he lied about it to sell a book.

I don't know and I really don't care where Obama was born. I have been in Chicago many times and I do not take the word of a Chicago thug like Obama on anything. It seems to me, having traveled to 28 foreign countries, that a cursory check of Obama's mothers passport would settle the question. Either she went to Kenya to download him or she didn't.

I know my travels could be verified that way.

And if she did? She was still an American citizen, so the point remains moot.

At the risk of being masochistic.... How many USMB people really, honestly believe in their heart of hearts that Obama was actually born in Kenya, and there has been a vast conspiracy to cover this fact up?

Were his parents married at the time of his birth?

Yes! The media.

And Orly Taitz

And Sheriff Joe

And Donald Trump

... who else.
Orly Taitz really the only place I ever see his name mentioned is on message boards Sheriff Joe yeah right a local sheriff could really keep the birther issue going without any attention from the national media the dude in Arizona well that speaks for it's self. Donald Trump the only one you listed who actually has the money and name recognition to push the issue but even he could not keep that going without the medias help every time he talks about this all the media jumps on it and covers it as if it's real news instead of ignoring it and treating it like the non issue it is. So yes the issue is media driven it would have died long ago without the media attention in fact it would have never become a issue if not for the medias obsession with it.

It’s not a ‘non-issue’ to birthers, and a significant number of rightists who support them in silence. Consequently it’s not ‘media-driven,’ it’s part of the political cacophony of irrational hate for Obama, which is indeed newsworthy.

At the risk of being masochistic.... How many USMB people really, honestly believe in their heart of hearts that Obama was actually born in Kenya, and there has been a vast conspiracy to cover this fact up?

I know I don't. I think he was born in Hawaii.. I think the Kenyan angle comes into play throughout his academic life... I'll bet you a dime to a donut that Mr. Obama is an incredibly mediocre man who used his "Kenyan" roots to his advantage most of his academic life.

Sorry though... he's just a skinny Hawaiian pothead.

As with the Kennedy assassination, there are always unanswerable questions when you look at something so deeply. Plus, you begin to see things that aren't there.

As for birtherism, I think it's a complex cocktail of racism, sore loser-ship, intolerance of non-GOP, and a touch of crazy.

'Why Did Obama Tell His Literary Agent That He was BORN IN KENYA??'

Why Did Obama Tell His Literary Agent That He was BORN IN KENYA??

First of all, you are wrong. The article never claims Obama said he was born in Kenya. Someone else wrote that.

Second, to quote the article: "The errant Obama biography in the Acton & Dystel booklet does not contradict the authenticity of Obama’s birth certificate."

Did you even read that drivel?

Forum List

Back