POLL: Americans Favor Legalization of Marijuana 51-44%

I support all forms of drinking and smoking. Why do you want a big government? I thought conservatives suppose to be for small government.

Who are you directing this post to Matthew?^

I support freedom and choice and the dismantling of Nanny government.

The people wanting the government to tell you what to smoke and drink.

We really are going to have to go all the way down before it has a hope of getting better. Perhaps turn Kansas City into Juarez with the Cartels putting contract hits on legal sellers.

In addition to the other divisions, we'll have a new one, user v non-user as users claim discrimination.

It's going to be quite amusing.

Americans would favor the legalization of meth and LSD too. Americans would favor of the removal of all penalties for drunk driving (if the party was really fun).

America is rapidly becoming an entire nation of drunk, drug addicted, degenerates.

Unfortunately that's also what the rest of the world believes.

I support legalization for resonsible recreational substance use. I don't support removal of driving while incoxicated laws, in fact I think they need to be stronger.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKLYgj78X78]Timothy Leary-Live And Let Live - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNQwVINOrzU]Timothy Leary "You Can Be Anyone This Time Around" Live And Let Live 1970 - YouTube[/ame]

We really are going to have to go all the way down before it has a hope of getting better. Perhaps turn Kansas City into Juarez with the Cartels putting contract hits on legal sellers.

In addition to the other divisions, we'll have a new one, user v non-user as users claim discrimination.

The only real difference will be not so many people in jail for the victimless crime of simple possession, do you work for the for-profit prison industry perchance?

Americans would favor the legalization of meth and LSD too. Americans would favor of the removal of all penalties for drunk driving (if the party was really fun).

America is rapidly becoming an entire nation of drunk, drug addicted, degenerates.

Unfortunately that's also what the rest of the world believes.

I support legalization for resonsible recreational substance use. I don't support removal of driving while incoxicated laws, in fact I think they need to be stronger.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKLYgj78X78]Timothy Leary-Live And Let Live - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNQwVINOrzU]Timothy Leary "You Can Be Anyone This Time Around" Live And Let Live 1970 - YouTube[/ame]

Make DWI punishable by 10 years in the slammer and a lifetime ban on a drivers liscence. would work for me.

Yeah, because moonshiners put out so many contracts nowadays on Seagram's executives.

Pull your head out of your ass, idiot.

For the simple fact of precedent, I am against it

Are you a conservative? Do you think the government should be able to throw hundreds of thousands of people in prison for doing it???

Do you think we should spend billions of dollars a year fighting it???

We should allow people to experience the consequences of their behavior. If they commit a crime while on drugs, it's an automatic ten years behind bars. We should not give rehab, medical care, or financial aid to drug users. No welfare and absolutely no disability. Employers should have blanket immunity for firing or not hiring a drug user. Remove children and even pets from the households where drug use is present. Any use of force for self defense where drugs are present in the criminal's bloodstream is justified. That alone would have George Zimmerman out of court. I almost forgot, no student aid, loans, grants or scholarships to users.

Then yes, legalize it.

Are you a conservative? Do you think the government should be able to throw hundreds of thousands of people in prison for doing it???

I think there are indeed certain things that are against the law... and some things worse than others... Pot being a lesser 'evil' if you will... but if you open up the gate for that, you open it up for other drugs as well that are way more harmful to individuals and to society.... I may think it is ok to have fistfights between willing participants, but I do not think it is wise to suddenly legalize it (if you get what I am saying)...

Do I think the 'war on pot' is worth billions and billions? Not necessarily... Do I think keeping things such as cocaine, meth, heroin, etc off the streets is a good thing? Yes... But that is lumped as all illegal drugs and pot is an illegal drug.. and as I said, if you set the precedent of making pot legal because of whatever recreational reason, you open the door for the rest.. and for that reason, I am against it... Am I going to call the cops because I see the neighbor kid lighting one up?? No... I would certainly tell the parents and let them take care of the kid's stupid decision...

I think there are indeed certain things that are against the law... and some things worse than others... Pot being a lesser 'evil' if you will... but if you open up the gate for that, you open it up for other drugs as well that are way more harmful to individuals and to society.... I may think it is ok to have fistfights between willing participants, but I do not think it is wise to suddenly legalize it (if you get what I am saying)...

Do I think the 'war on pot' is worth billions and billions? Not necessarily... Do I think keeping things such as cocaine, meth, heroin, etc off the streets is a good thing? Yes... But that is lumped as all illegal drugs and pot is an illegal drug.. and as I said, if you set the precedent of making pot legal because of whatever recreational reason, you open the door for the rest.. and for that reason, I am against it... Am I going to call the cops because I see the neighbor kid lighting one up?? No... I would certainly tell the parents and let them take care of the kid's stupid decision...

The thing is we already have a line drawn between drugs, alchohol, tobacco and caffine are just three of them. Pot and the others have only been lumped together since the 1930's, and after.

I dont see the harm in moving the line from one side of pot to the other. In fact it would help with the other more serious drugs as you would free enforcement money from weed banning.

The thing is we already have a line drawn between drugs, alchohol, tobacco and caffine are just three of them. Pot and the others have only been lumped together since the 1930's, and after.

I dont see the harm in moving the line from one side of pot to the other. In fact it would help with the other more serious drugs as you would free enforcement money from weed banning.

Yeah, not to mention it would be a pretty lucrative cottage industry. I remember that crappy Mexican pot, way too dry and packed with seeds, if we grew our own high quality MJ not another ounce of that sorry crap would cross the border.

I would increase DWI laws for any substance you can be under the influence of.

One thing i would change is increase the penalties for any BAC or equivalent pot level above 0.20. You can keep the current wrist slaps for .08-.019, but once you go over 0.20 and get caught, jail for 10 years and no driving again, ever.

It was not just pot. This is from your link btw.

But state police said Beer should never have been behind the wheel. The teen only had a learner’s permit which requires someone 21 or older in the car at all times.

He was also driving on one of the deadliest roads in the country, according to AAA.

The agency blames the Southern State’s dangerous curves, poor lighting, heavy traffic and frequent speeding for an alarmingly high rate of crashes compared with other parkways in New York.

State police are continuing to investigate whether alcohol was involved.

Driving Stoned: Safer Than Driving Drunk? - ABC News

Driving under the influence of any substance, including marijuana, in all 50 states, is already a crime.

So yes, he did something wrong. He broke the law.

Again: please be less stupid.

So it was just reckless driving, right? He did nothing wrong except make an error in his driving. He would have made that error without being high.

This is why we really are going to have to go all the way to the bottom.

It was not just pot. This is from your link btw.

But state police said Beer should never have been behind the wheel. The teen only had a learner’s permit which requires someone 21 or older in the car at all times.

He was also driving on one of the deadliest roads in the country, according to AAA.

The agency blames the Southern State’s dangerous curves, poor lighting, heavy traffic and frequent speeding for an alarmingly high rate of crashes compared with other parkways in New York.

State police are continuing to investigate whether alcohol was involved.

Driving Stoned: Safer Than Driving Drunk? - ABC News

He used very poor judgment. If his judgment had not been impaired by pot would he have made the same decisions?

There's no cause and effect, which is why this is going to have to be repeated to it's last bloody act.

Driving under the influence of any substance, including marijuana, in all 50 states, is already a crime.

So yes, he did something wrong. He broke the law.

Again: please be less stupid.

So it was just reckless driving, right? He did nothing wrong except make an error in his driving. He would have made that error without being high.

This is why we really are going to have to go all the way to the bottom.

Where did I say that it was 'just reckless driving'?

Please reread what I actually posted and refrain from addressing what I haven't actually said.

Forum List

Back