POLL: Americans Favor Legalization of Marijuana 51-44%

If one of those now dead had said "I'm not getting into the car with someone high on pot", that one person would now be alive.

Ostracisim, making users into social pariahs, discrimination, will all do more to stop drug use than legalization will help. It might be the only thing left. Totally cutting off any social benefit, including voting for benefits.

If one of those now dead had said "I'm not getting into the car with someone high on pot", that one person would now be alive.

Ostracisim, making users into social pariahs, discrimination, will all do more to stop drug use than legalization will help. It might be the only thing left. Totally cutting off any social benefit, including voting for benefits.

They tried that with alcohol prohibition before going the legal route, and it didnt work.

Why should I be punished for toking up 2-3 times a year, because I enjoy it, just because other people can't handle thier shit? Again, the same reason I oppose gun bans.

They tried that with alcohol prohibition before going the legal route, and it didnt work.

Why should I be punished for toking up 2-3 times a year, because I enjoy it, just because other people can't handle thier shit? Again, the same reason I oppose gun bans.

You shouldn't be punished. But if your spouse chooses to leave you and take the children because of your drug use, you should never see your family again either.

A majority of Americans DO favor legalization of drugs. As we have just seen in the recent election, a majority of Americans also favor more free stuff for doing less for it too.
The American culture is degrading, it is becoming one that will never be able to sustain itself.

When prohibition ended, only the federal law ended. Many states still had prohibitive laws. For decades. Even within states, counties could vote themselves "dry". Some states had only limited stores able to sell liquor. Others stopped all sales of liquor on Sunday. That's why the effects of legalization took so long to be felt. However, every scare tactic used by Carrie Nation has come to pass. Increased alcoholism, increased domestic violence, lowering of the age at which people become alcoholics. Alcoholism is now common among minors. Worse, alcohol has married drug abuse so that the addicts are not only high, but drunk as well.

Good job Majority, many more to ya.

What you might see, is fighting back by communities becoming smaller, tighter and more exclusionary. An increase in the already present divisions.

Wow talk about you major nanny statist. Will that ban include boner pills , coffee, cigerettes, alcohol, all the pills you get from the phamacy for whatever ails you...?

You shouldn't be punished. But if your spouse chooses to leave you and take the children because of your drug use, you should never see your family again either.

A majority of Americans DO favor legalization of drugs. As we have just seen in the recent election, a majority of Americans also favor more free stuff for doing less for it too.
The American culture is degrading, it is becoming one that will never be able to sustain itself.

When prohibition ended, only the federal law ended. Many states still had prohibitive laws. For decades. Even within states, counties could vote themselves "dry". Some states had only limited stores able to sell liquor. Others stopped all sales of liquor on Sunday. That's why the effects of legalization took so long to be felt. However, every scare tactic used by Carrie Nation has come to pass. Increased alcoholism, increased domestic violence, lowering of the age at which people become alcoholics. Alcoholism is now common among minors. Worse, alcohol has married drug abuse so that the addicts are not only high, but drunk as well.

What you might see, is fighting back by communities becoming smaller, tighter and more exclusionary. An increase in the already present divisions.

^^^^

bksimple.jpg

As long as it doesn't hurt anyone else...I really don't care what someone smokes or drinks.

Legalize it all. Who gave the government the power to police drugs?

Since you admit to being under 29 I'll excuse your ignorance. Common sense suggests allowing all drugs to be used without regulation is foolish.

Let's take the antibiotics, for example. They area already being abused in other nations, allowing some formerly deadly bugs to become resistant. Not a good idea.

Some drugs when abused with alcohol can be fatal or worse. We once arrested a guy on reds (barbiturates) and alcohol when we responded to a report that he was beating a metal basketball post on a school yard with a baseball bat. We watched for over 5 minutes and he didn't slow down a bit; so we watched for another five before confronting him. We sent him off to the padded cells in an ambulance and latter learned that he was 'sane' and the 5150 was released when the drugs wore off.

As for MJ, ask any officer or deputy if they would rather deal with a drunk or someone on MJ? The answer universally will be the stoner.

A multi-billion dollar black market exists today. If MJ is taken off the DEA Schedule I list than each state can decide to legalize and regulate or not as their citizens or representatives decide. Each state will then have the ability to regulate and tax MJ.

The adult beverage industry and Big Pharma are two reasons why MJ will remain a Schedule I drug.

There are instant urine tests able to determine if one has used MJ. Of course such tests cannot prove that one is under the influence of the drug. However, patrol officers can be easily trained (many already are) to use field sobriety tests and the standard Breathalyzer to determine under the influence and rule out alcohol.

MJ is ubiquitous in America and uncontrolled can be laced with toxic substances and other much more dangerous drugs (LSD, PCP, MDA, etc).

Last edited:

Considering anyone marrying me will know (and probably participate) in me toking up 2-3 times a year, I dont see this as a problem.

Marijuana is now legal in my state and it's been a great thing so far. I'm very happy a lot of the old generation is dying off so a lot of their idiotic prejudice and wrong view of the world is going with them. Anyone with a brain in their head realizes weed is non-harmful and should be legal. The only thing that sucks is the black market for weed was the purest economic thing in the states and the government is going to come in and gangfuck it for it's own benefit... but that's progress.

I bet more than 50% of the people would favor legalizing taking anything you want without having to pay for it.....

But it doesn't mean it is the right thing to legalize.

Obviously hypocritical and ridiculous laws only teach the young to have contempt for law in general.

Marijuana should never have been prohibited and any reasonable person knows that. It is a total waste of resources trying to make such a simple plant verbotten. It is far past time to lose this approach.

Lighten up and light up.

Americans would favor the legalization of meth and LSD too. Americans would favor of the removal of all penalties for drunk driving (if the party was really fun).

America is rapidly becoming an entire nation of drunk, drug addicted, degenerates.

Unfortunately that's also what the rest of the world believes.

Once you're old-enough to Vote, you'll understand.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-kFlVcg-cU]Marijuana smoking grandparents - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
The cartels are not afraid of legalization because they can always undercut the legal price and many of them have moved on beyond drugs into human trafficking. Among all the legal pot shops in California, it was found that they were pretty much all controlled by cartels. The ownership was split between Mexicans and Russians. As for legalizing and increasing drug use in the black community, you might have a point IF the goal is to commit genocide in that demographic.

The acceptance of the legalization of drugs has a direct connection to the rise of the leech class. It might be necessary to legalize drugs as a method of combating the crushing boredom that plagues the leech class.

Drug laws are actually similar to gun laws, which punish those who can responsibly handle using such things, due to some people not being able to.
Bingo!!!!!!!!

55383-1350143882-handled_trophy.jpg

First Place

COMMON SENSE

Forum List

Back