Poll: 92% of Iowans Say...

You can't. Homosexuality is a mental sickness not a lifestyle. IMO

Okay -- I know this is your opinion, but what facts do you base your claim off of? I mean, you can't just look up to a clear, blue sunny sky and say it's raining. You have to have facts. So, what facts using the criteria in which the DSM-IV-TSR defines a mental sick... well, in fact, I'm going to widen your definition.

We're going to say that homosexuality is not a sickness but a disorder, because that covers a much wider range of problems. Someone can have a psychological disorder but not have a mental illness (requiring hospitalization).

First, let me ask this: What is your criteria for having a mental disorder?

Second, how does your criteria differ from the Research Diagnostic Criteria (RDC) and Feighner Criteria? Please remember both of which are the most widely accepted psychological criterias for assigning a mental disorder and both criterias are used to define a mental disorder in the DSM-IV and both of which have proven that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. So you must have developed a new criteria that is BETTER than both of those criterias, in which countless thousands of psychologists and psychiatrist worldwide have contributed to and developed through decades of research. Additionally, please tell me which college you obtained your PhD in psychology from.

It's one thing to have an opinion, but you need facts to back an opinion or you're just stating something with absolutely no concrete evidence whatsoever, in which case your posts belong in the conspiracy theory zone to be laughed at by the likes of Terral and Eots.

I suppose you hold a PhD?

I went through all of that effort to lay out for you, the criteria that psychologists use to define a mental disorder. I did... gasp... research. Now I have made this as simple as possible for you to show me, using your own criteria because the two criteria that psychologists use worldwide to define mental disorders have found that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. So, obviously you have a better criteria and more knowledge than they do.

I await your evidence most patiently. If you need more than a day to submit your research, in which I expect to be no less than a 10,000 word paper on the topic, I will wait. By the way, have you ever been published before? You know, your theories on psychological disorders -- I'm sure you have other theories that you've had published.

Incidentally, I'm in the publishing business and I have a few friends over at the American Journal of Medicine. If I like your research paper, which of course I'm sure will show no less than 10 case studies on homosexuality being a mental disorder, I'll submit it to them. The editor is actually a photographer hobbyist and owes me a big favor. I'll do this for you for no charge whatsoever.

Some people are born with a predisposition to violence, is it therefore ok to act on those impulses? Same can be said for homosexual tendencies, could it not?
Honestly, if this is the type of argument you'll be making in your paper, I don't think you'll be published. But, I'll hold my tongue for now.

Let's see here, violence harms other people, whereas being homosexual does not. No one has ever been hurt as a direct result of someone being "predispositioned" to homosexuality, though I don't think one can. I don't think one can predispositioned to being black, latino or gay either.

The American Psychological Association has come out with a statement reporting what we all knew anyway: there is no gay gene. Genetics plays no role in a person's sexual orientation. Homosexuals are not 'born that way.' The attempt to prove that homosexuality is determined biologically has been dealt a knockout punch. An American Psychological Association publication includes an admission that there's no homosexual "gene" -- meaning it's not likely that homosexuals are born that way.
APA revises 'gay gene' theory (OneNewsNow.com)[/quote]

If you keep quoting biased news sources, I'm going to end this discussion with you. Your news sources have an agenda and you are following that agenda by posting them as a credible source for information.

So, to prove that your "news source" is completely inaccurate, here is what the APA actually said:

“Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors,” says the revised brochure. “Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.”

http://www.apa.org/topics/sorientation.pdf

More information about your news source:

AFN is a Christian news service - with more than 1,200 broadcast, print, and online affiliates in 45 states and 11 foreign countries - that exists to present the day's stories from a biblical perspective. We not only feature the latest breaking stories from across the United States and around the world, but also news of the challenges facing Christians in today's society.

Clearly your source is biased. If you're going to make quotes from the American Psychological Association, please quote them directly from their website and not from your Christian conservative website.

Last edited:
Okay -- I know this is your opinion, but what facts do you base your claim off of? I mean, you can't just look up to a clear, blue sunny sky and say it's raining. You have to have facts. So, what facts using the criteria in which the DSM-IV-TSR defines a mental sick... well, in fact, I'm going to widen your definition.

We're going to say that homosexuality is not a sickness but a disorder, because that covers a much wider range of problems. Someone can have a psychological disorder but not have a mental illness (requiring hospitalization).

First, let me ask this: What is your criteria for having a mental disorder?

Second, how does your criteria differ from the Research Diagnostic Criteria (RDC) and Feighner Criteria? Please remember both of which are the most widely accepted psychological criterias for assigning a mental disorder and both criterias are used to define a mental disorder in the DSM-IV and both of which have proven that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. So you must have developed a new criteria that is BETTER than both of those criterias, in which countless thousands of psychologists and psychiatrist worldwide have contributed to and developed through decades of research. Additionally, please tell me which college you obtained your PhD in psychology from.

It's one thing to have an opinion, but you need facts to back an opinion or you're just stating something with absolutely no concrete evidence whatsoever, in which case your posts belong in the conspiracy theory zone to be laughed at by the likes of Terral and Eots.

I suppose you hold a PhD?

I went through all of that effort to lay out for you, the criteria that psychologists use to define a mental disorder. I did... gasp... research. Now I have made this as simple as possible for you to show me, using your own criteria because the two criteria that psychologists use worldwide to define mental disorders have found that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. So, obviously you have a better criteria and more knowledge than they do.

I await your evidence most patiently. If you need more than a day to submit your research, in which I expect to be no less than a 10,000 word paper on the topic, I will wait. By the way, have you ever been published before? You know, your theories on psychological disorders -- I'm sure you have other theories that you've had published.

Incidentally, I'm in the publishing business and I have a few friends over at the American Journal of Medicine. If I like your research paper, which of course I'm sure will show no less than 10 case studies on homosexuality being a mental disorder, I'll submit it to them. The editor is actually a photographer hobbyist and owes me a big favor. I'll do this for you for no charge whatsoever.

Some people are born with a predisposition to violence, is it therefore ok to act on those impulses? Same can be said for homosexual tendencies, could it not?
Honestly, if this is the type of argument you'll be making in your paper, I don't think you'll be published. But, I'll hold my tongue for now.

Let's see here, violence harms other people, whereas being homosexual does not. No one has ever been hurt as a direct result of someone being "predispositioned" to homosexuality, though I don't think one can. I don't think one can predispositioned to being black, latino or gay either.

The American Psychological Association has come out with a statement reporting what we all knew anyway: there is no gay gene. Genetics plays no role in a person's sexual orientation. Homosexuals are not 'born that way.' The attempt to prove that homosexuality is determined biologically has been dealt a knockout punch. An American Psychological Association publication includes an admission that there's no homosexual "gene" -- meaning it's not likely that homosexuals are born that way.
APA revises 'gay gene' theory (OneNewsNow.com)

If you keep quoting biased news sources, I'm going to end this discussion with you. Your news sources have an agenda and you are following that agenda by posting them as a credible source for information.

So, to prove that your "news source" is completely inaccurate, here is what the APA actually said:

“Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors,” says the revised brochure. “Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.”

http://www.apa.org/topics/sorientation.pdf

More information about your news source:

AFN is a Christian news service - with more than 1,200 broadcast, print, and online affiliates in 45 states and 11 foreign countries - that exists to present the day's stories from a biblical perspective. We not only feature the latest breaking stories from across the United States and around the world, but also news of the challenges facing Christians in today's society.

Clearly your source is biased. If you're going to make quotes from the American Psychological Association, please quote them directly from their website and not from your Christian conservative website.[/quote]

What part of "opinion" do you not understand?

Tell me would you engage in homosexual activities? I wouldn't and the reason why I wouldn't is because it's not normal. and anyone that engages in abnormal behavior is in my opinion mentally fucked up. Now I don't need anyone to tell me that. It's what I know to be true.

Now you can parade the homosexual scientists out all day long and they can proclaim it's not a disorder but that's their opinion. We already know that no one is born gay.

Would it make a difference if I gave you APA's link that states what I claimed?

There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

Answers to Your Questions For a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality[/QUOTE]

I've already shown how homosexual behavior effects society, you conveniently choose to ignore those facts. I'm waiting on your "but animals do it so it must be natural" argument. Then I'll shoot it full of holes too. I know you'll simply ignore those facts as well because they will most likely be from NARTH or some such group.

By the way I've read the opinions of those that say homosexual isn't a mental disorder, I just happen to disagree with that opinion.

Last edited:
Which ban? The Federal Marriage Amendment or something like that in the 1990s, the one in California, Florida or countless other states?

Michigan put one into effect in 2004, as I believe Oregon did.

I think Obama is BSing us to say that he believes that there needs to be a ban on gay marriage. I think it's absolute, complete BS and I think if Obama gets re-elected in 2013 he'll pass a federal amendment allowing all gay people to get married.

I think Obama will take a poll and change to whatever way the wind blows......

I still don't understand how you can be a small gov conservative and fight against gay marriage

That is a contradiction that I don't get either. I personally don't think there should be anything about marriage in the laws in any way, I don't get why something that's suppose to be spiritual is also dictated by laws in the first place.

I still don't understand how you can be a small gov conservative and fight against gay marriage

That is a contradiction that I don't get either. I personally don't think there should be anything about marriage in the laws in any way, I don't get why something that's suppose to be spiritual is also dictated by laws in the first place.

Right on!

Michigan put one into effect in 2004, as I believe Oregon did.

I think Obama is BSing us to say that he believes that there needs to be a ban on gay marriage. I think it's absolute, complete BS and I think if Obama gets re-elected in 2013 he'll pass a federal amendment allowing all gay people to get married.

He says he supports civil unions, which is the same position, to the shaggrin of the religious right, that Bush had.

It's also one the left hates as well, as civil unions smell of "separate but equal".

why not let the athies and gay run the country, americas being going down hill ever since those closet judges gave them their way anyhow.

92% of Iowans say same-sex marriage HASN'T impacted their lives at all.

Iowa Same-Sex Marriage Poll: 92% Say It Hasn't Impacted Their Lives

Pretty shocking discovery when you think of how most people's marriages have such a tremendous impact on the lives of those around them.

The God of Moses and Abraham will reign down fire and brimstone on Iowa and it will become the Dead Sea West.

Yeah, I think with all of the other shit going on out there, God's a little busy. Some guy killed his wife and all 4 of their children under the age of 10. Another guy kidnapped and continuously raped an 11 year old girl for almost two decades and fathered two other girls with them.

I've already shown how homosexual behavior effects society, you conveniently choose to ignore those facts.

What facts? You've quoted me religious nonsense from a christian, right-wing website. I have not seen one study done by a neutral party reported by a neutral news service about how homsexuality has hurt society. If you have this information, I look forward to seeing it.

I'm waiting on your "but animals do it so it must be natural" argument. Then I'll shoot it full of holes too. I know you'll simply ignore those facts as well because they will most likely be from NARTH or some such group.

I have no idea what animals do or do not do. I have not studied anything about animal behavior except enough to properly train my dog. And when he humps a boy dog, it's not because he's attracted to him.

By the way I've read the opinions of those that say homosexual isn't a mental disorder, I just happen to disagree with that opinion.[/quote]

Where is your evidence that homosexuality is a mental disorder other than just your completely un-educated opinion? You can't pick and choose one thing the APA says and completely agree with and then in the same breath, choose another thing the APA says and completely disagree with it. Anything they say has decades of research behind it -- what do you have?

Last edited:
How COULD it affect their lives?

It doesn't, which is why the ban on gay marriage is absolutely the most idiotic thing since Jim Crow laws.

You have your opinion, and I have mine

Your opinion comes from ignorance and fear. Mine comes from experience, science, data, research and facts.

If someone were to tell you that Jesus never existed and there is no proof that what is written in the New Testament is complete bullshit, would you not resort to facts and studies done about the existence of Jesus?

Why do you choose to ignore facts when it's convenient for you to? Why not always accept facts as they are?

Because marraige has been defined as a civil union between a man and a woman. What part of that don't you homosexuals understand?

Name one homosexual society that has flourished?

Name one society that has flourished that didn't have homosexuals in it.

P.S. allowing gay marriage doesn't make you a 'homosexual society', whatever the fuck that is.

I admit there are sick fucks all thoughout history and in all societies. But I can guarantee you no homosexuial society has ever flourished.

So, currently the most fundamentalist Islamic societies on earth are the most anti-homosexual, is that correct?

[
Fact is homosexual activity in my opinion is not normal behavior and any one that engages in abnormal behavior is suffering from some sort of mental illness.

Is celibacy a mental illness? Are the hetero couples who marry but choose not to have children mentally ill?

Is Tom Delay on Dancing with the Stars normal behaviour?

You know for a troll, you're not very good. Why don't you engage someone that gives a fuck what you think. Because I sure as hell don't.

Just answer the question. By your logic and reasoning, is celibacy abnormal, and therefore a mental illness?

yes, no, or I don't know, and explain your answer.

[I I've already shown how homosexual behavior effects society, you conveniently choose to ignore those facts. I'm waiting on your "but animals do it so it must be natural" argument. Then I'll shoot it full of holes too. I know you'll simply ignore those facts as well because they will most likely be from NARTH or some such group.

Byn.

You haven't told us what makes homosexuality abnormal.

Last edited:
I've already shown how homosexual behavior effects society, you conveniently choose to ignore those facts.

What facts? You've quoted me religious nonsense from a christian, right-wing website. I have not seen one study done by a neutral party reported by a neutral news service about how homsexuality has hurt society. If you have this information, I look forward to seeing it.

I'm waiting on your "but animals do it so it must be natural" argument. Then I'll shoot it full of holes too. I know you'll simply ignore those facts as well because they will most likely be from NARTH or some such group.

I have no idea what animals do or do not do. I have not studied anything about animal behavior except enough to properly train my dog. And when he humps a boy dog, it's not because he's attracted to him.

By the way I've read the opinions of those that say homosexual isn't a mental disorder, I just happen to disagree with that opinion.

Where is your evidence that homosexuality is a mental disorder other than just your completely un-educated opinion? You can't pick and choose one thing the APA says and completely agree with and then in the same breath, choose another thing the APA says and completely disagree with it. Anything they say has decades of research behind it -- what do you have?[/QUOTE]

Unlike you, I can look at a behavior and determine whether or not I deem it normal or abnormal. I don't need any studies to tell me that two guys fucking each other in the ass is abnormal. And sure I can agree or disagree with any or all of what APA reports. The fact is they happen to agree with me that there is no gay gene.

Seeing that you place years of research in such high regard, why do you dismiss articles from the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality? Who's advisory committee consist of these people:
John Babatzanis, M.D.
Joseph Berger, M.D.
Toby B. Bieber, Ph.D.
Sander J. Breiner, M.D.
Lawrence F. Burtoft, Ph.D.
A. Dean Byrd, Ph.D.
Cora Dobbs-de Fierro, Ph.D.
Richard P. Fitzgibbons, M.D.
Abraham Freedman, M.D.
Hillel Goldberg, Ph.D.
Ian Graham, M.D.
Russell Hilliard, Ph.D.
Elan Karten, Ph.D.
Nathaniel S. Lehrman, M.D.
Felix Loeb, M.D.
Loretta Loeb, M.D.
Uriel Meshoulam, Ph.D.
James Phelan, Ph.D.
Paul Popper, Ph.D.
Sharon Quick, MD, FCP, FAAP
James Randall, M.D.
George Rekers, Ph.D.
Philip Scott Richards, Ph.D.
Christopher Rosik, Ph.D. (Co-Chair)
Marcosa Santiago, M.D.
Jeffrey B. Satinover, M.D.
Gerald Schoenewolf, Ph.D.
Natalie Shainess, M.D.
E. Mark Stern, Ed.D., ABPP
Philip Sutton, Ph.D.
Johanna K. Tabin, Ph.D.
C. Downing Tait, M.D.
G. van den Aardweg, Ph.D.
David Wood, Ph.D. (Chair)

I would argue this group has done a ton more research on homosexuality than APA has.

[I I've already shown how homosexual behavior effects society, you conveniently choose to ignore those facts. I'm waiting on your "but animals do it so it must be natural" argument. Then I'll shoot it full of holes too. I know you'll simply ignore those facts as well because they will most likely be from NARTH or some such group.

Byn.

You haven't told us what makes homosexuality abnormal.

Do you find it normal for a man to fuck another man in the ass? If so then you have serious issues.

It doesn't, which is why the ban on gay marriage is absolutely the most idiotic thing since Jim Crow laws.

You have your opinion, and I have mine

Your opinion comes from ignorance and fear. Mine comes from experience, science, data, research and facts.

If someone were to tell you that Jesus never existed and there is no proof that what is written in the New Testament is complete bullshit, would you not resort to facts and studies done about the existence of Jesus?

Why do you choose to ignore facts when it's convenient for you to? Why not always accept facts as they are?

My opinion is that your the ignorant one Davis S. Fuck your science data and facts, it comes from the left leaning loons that just want to get the agenda moving forward through the courts. I have no fear with gays or lesbians, David S, I have no problem with them at all, so you don't know shit about me.
My opinion is that they should have civil unions, and keep marriage between a man and a woman.

Forum List

Back