Poll: 4 out of 5 Americans don't trust Washington

I would love to see a post by anyone in the 22% stating their reasons why he/she actually does trust the government.

I'll try. Because we have the best form of Government on earth. Our form of government has been the model of other nations for 200 years. Now as all of you government haters out there start your posts laughing at me...

I only ask you which government do you propose we emulate? Name a country

Yeah that form of government includes the right of the people to rise up when they think the government is doing something wrong.

The problem with you libs is you think that part of the Constitution (free speech, the right of petition, and right of assembly) should be revoked.

:lol::lol::lol:

I would love to see a post by anyone in the 22% stating their reasons why he/she actually does trust the government.

I'll try. Because we have the best form of Government on earth. Our form of government has been the model of other nations for 200 years. Now as all of you government haters out there start your posts laughing at me...

Yeah that form of government includes the right of the people to rise up when they think the government is doing something wrong.

The problem with you libs is you think that part of the Constitution (free speech, the right of petition, and right of assembly) should be revoked.

:lol::lol::lol:

Swing and a Miss! Strike ONE

While he did include the expected :lol::lol::lol:

He FAILED to name a country we emulate

After the Republicans screwed things up the first half of the decade and now the Democrats' are taking their turn, I've got to wonder who the 20% are?

Heck I have not trusted the govt since I got old enough to think for myself.
Strange that this is being spinned against Obama though. Af if past presidents nor congress has nothing to do with it.
And no I do not trust Obama neither.

LOL.....68% trusted Gubment under Kennedy/Johnson

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

one that foolows the constiution

How in your mind does not trusting the government and the fucking politicians who fuck it up equate to wanting to install a different form of government?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu
I'm sorry but they aren't. Obama and the Democrats are entirely responsible for their policies since 2009 and the voters know that.

the problem is that many of them like his policies while others are just happy neo-cons aren't in power anymore. I hope the government goes back to being balanced party-wise again (meaning Rs take back some seats in nov) in order to stop anything like cap&trade, takeover of student loans, health care, etc.

Party "balance" in the liberal world view is what we had in the 60s. The Democrats controlled everything and Rockefeller Republicans were happy to play golf and let the Democrats have their way.

not quite sure about your rrant, but party balance in my post meant that democrats couldn't just push through anything they wanted without a good amount of republicans on board. keeping their most extreme agenda peices, like cap&trade in check

How in your mind does not trusting the government and the fucking politician who fuck it up equate to wanting to install a different form of government?

I am thinking/hoping he didn't read the thread before posting

How in your mind does not trusting the government and the fucking politician who fuck it up equate to wanting to install a different form of government?

I am thinking/hoping he didn't read the thread before posting

Big government ass kissers forget that the reason we have our form of constitutional government is because the founders didn't trust government.

Our government, specifically the people we elect, was never meant to be trusted.

Another thing I've noted about drug users is when challenged they go into raving tirades that have little to do with facts and more to do with their own hidden rage.

They always claim pot makes you mellow. Try talking reason to a pot head and see how "mellow" they are.

What do your anecdotal tirades about drugs have to do with any of this? BTW, if we are going to talk about drug use, why start with pot? Ever tried to reason with an alcoholic? Ever dealt with an alcoholic that is withdrawing? Ever contemplated the permanent neural damage that alcoholism does? It's one of the most addictive and destructive substances we have, and it's perfectly legal.

Bush was a drunk for 20 years, but I guess he gets a pass, huh?

As I said, it could be one theory why the left is incapable of learning from their mistakes. It's only a theory. One, I think, that has some merit, having lived in California in the early 70s and watching the hotbed of liberalism first hand.

It's not a theory. It's useless conjecture. Personal anecdotes aside.

They arrested their brain's capability to learn from mistakes and to emotionally mature. It could explain their constant rage and their inability to see their own actions in any context.

Like your average 16 year old. ;)

Really? Feel free to quote any relevant peer-reviewed scientific literature that illustrates MJ does that.

Last edited:
Most Americans, indeed, don't trust Washington: with Nixon, Johnson, Ford, Carter, Reagan twice, Bush, Clinton twice, Bush twice, and now Obama, no wonder Americans have a real problem with professional politicians. Most Americans like Obama personally but aren't sure about his administration. It would be far worse if it were McCain in office.

Who knows what is going to happen?

I'm sorry but Democrats took control of Congress in 2006.

There is a separation of powers. It's no different than when Republicans took control in 1994.

That's when the economy started coming back (1995) because Republicans forced Clinton to sign a capital gains tax cut and welfare reform by threatening to embarrass him with an overide.

Same things goes with the Democrats. They took control in 2006 and that's when the economy started to slide.

Bush just gave up when Democrats took control in 2006. I think he was finally forced to see the country was no longer behind him, and he acquiessed to that reality.

Would the 2001 Bush had signed into law something like the stimulus? He would have not.

But the 2008 Bush did. It was wrong of Bush to do so for it only worsened the crisis FOR WHICH BARACK OBAMA HAS EQUAL RESPONSIBILITY since he as a member of the Senate voted for it as well.

It's when you GOP'ers start to move the timelines around to suit your arguments that you lose me.

Believe what you want though. I just won't take it seriously.

Forum List

Back