Poll: 4 out of 5 Americans don't trust Washington

Poll: Majority lacks trust in government

By LIZ SIDOTI
AP National Political Writer Apr 18, 8:43 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) - Can you trust Washington?

Nearly 80 percent of Americans say they can't and they have little faith that the massive federal bureaucracy can solve the nation's ills, according to a survey from the Pew Research Center that shows public confidence in the federal government at one of the lowest points in a half-century.

The poll released Sunday illustrates the ominous situation facing President Barack Obama and the Democratic Party as they struggle to maintain their comfortable congressional majorities in this fall's elections. Midterm prospects are typically tough for the party in power. Add a toxic environment like this and lots of incumbent Democrats could be out of work.

Latest News | Top Stories | News Articles

---

Excellent Sunday Evening Dump of this Poll, AP... :clap2:

3/3 DemocRAT Control and 2/3 DemocRAT Control since 2006 and this is what you get...

Somebody's gettin' their Asses handed to them this Fall.

:)

peace...

I don't trust the government whether there's a Dem or a Repub warming the seat in the Oval Office. Never have, never will.

I will say I do feel slightly more secure with a Repub, but that is SLIGHTLY. Repubs don't want to rip your guns out of your hands, punish you for being industrious and tax you to death to support those who can and refuse to work (I have no problem paying to take care of the old, the infirm and the handicapped who cannot take care of themselves--the God I worshipo expects that of us).

But, all in all, that old "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you" thingy makes me feel really nauseous and insecure.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Always has, always will.

Power doesnt corrupt. Bad people corrupt power.

Hell no surprise there.

I haven't trusted the Government since they issued me a comb then cut off all my hair.

That cracks me up. Never gave it much thought. The "bucket Issue" had a comb in it when we recruits processed in the first night at USMC-RD, then we had all our hair shaved off. Expected to keep it very short thereafter.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Last edited:
I'd like to know why posters don't call out mal and others for calling people rats while they whine and sniffle over the term teabagger.

I'd like to know why posters don't call out mal and others for calling people rats while they whine and sniffle over the term teabagger.

DemocRATS is Part of American Political History... Google it and 2000.

As for Whining about "Teabagger"...

I'm NOT one, but I have Illustrated that when People Use it as a Pejorative Against the Tea Party Members, it's not really an Insult to them...

It's more like they are Dipping their Balls on the Faces of those who Oppose them.

Understand the Language.

:)

peace...

4 out of 5 are also likely conspiracy theory idiots who can't think criticially and just rely on talking points from both sides

Dr. Gregg wanted to fellate the founding fathers..............

Let's cram the cuckoo back in the clock there Doc.

Dr. Gregg wanted to fellate the founding fathers..............

Let's cram the cuckoo back in the clock there Doc.

Titanic sailor is so dumb he can't tell a joke when he sees one

Yeah dude, you are a shining example of brilliance here :lol::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Either those stats are bullshit, or 20% of this nation are complete and utter morons.

Forum List

Back