Poll: 4 out of 5 Americans don't trust Washington

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Poll: Majority lacks trust in government

By LIZ SIDOTI
AP National Political Writer Apr 18, 8:43 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) - Can you trust Washington?

Nearly 80 percent of Americans say they can't and they have little faith that the massive federal bureaucracy can solve the nation's ills, according to a survey from the Pew Research Center that shows public confidence in the federal government at one of the lowest points in a half-century.

The poll released Sunday illustrates the ominous situation facing President Barack Obama and the Democratic Party as they struggle to maintain their comfortable congressional majorities in this fall's elections. Midterm prospects are typically tough for the party in power. Add a toxic environment like this and lots of incumbent Democrats could be out of work.

Latest News | Top Stories | News Articles

---

Excellent Sunday Evening Dump of this Poll, AP... :clap2:

3/3 DemocRAT Control and 2/3 DemocRAT Control since 2006 and this is what you get...

Somebody's gettin' their Asses handed to them this Fall.

:)

peace...

Wow, so out of 305,507,054 people, they got 80% to say they don't trust the government?

Maybe they could get this company to work for the US Census too, since the results are so overwhelming! :clap2:

Applied the 80/20 rule huh?

Further study would have noted the 20% was made up of the 10% that never makes up their mind. Another 5% were too high to understand the question and the last 5 were too scared to say yes because they think its the government calling.

Last edited:
I believe the 80% seems a bit low as well. I would be interested to see a post by someone in the 20% who actually does trust the government and their reasoning.

Heck I have not trusted the govt since I got old enough to think for myself.
Strange that this is being spinned against Obama though. Af if past presidents nor congress has nothing to do with it.
And no I do not trust Obama neither.

I'm so shocked...

You'd think that 80% would stop jumping between the same two political parties if they had so much distrust of the government.

They'd never try a third party. No chance of influencing an election, the media would ignore them or poke fun and they would fold up in a month. :eusa_whistle:

606-5.gif

This poll is hilarious. Under George Bush, 50% of Republicans trust the government?

This is a government that:

Let the greatest mass murderer in American history go

lied us into Iraq, costing the lives of our children and our money

left New Orleans a mess

created a money give a way to the drug companies

spied on American citizens

tax cuts for rich people

Cheney's stock options going up 5000% while passing out no bid contracts

ruined the economy

The most incompetent in American history and Republicans trusted it? Are they mentally ill?

Poll: Majority lacks trust in government

By LIZ SIDOTI
AP National Political Writer Apr 18, 8:43 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) - Can you trust Washington?

Nearly 80 percent of Americans say they can't and they have little faith that the massive federal bureaucracy can solve the nation's ills, according to a survey from the Pew Research Center that shows public confidence in the federal government at one of the lowest points in a half-century.

The poll released Sunday illustrates the ominous situation facing President Barack Obama and the Democratic Party as they struggle to maintain their comfortable congressional majorities in this fall's elections. Midterm prospects are typically tough for the party in power. Add a toxic environment like this and lots of incumbent Democrats could be out of work.

Latest News | Top Stories | News Articles

---

Excellent Sunday Evening Dump of this Poll, AP... :clap2:

3/3 DemocRAT Control and 2/3 DemocRAT Control since 2006 and this is what you get...

Somebody's gettin' their Asses handed to them this Fall.

:)

peace...

I don't trust the government whether there's a Dem or a Repub warming the seat in the Oval Office. Never have, never will.

I will say I do feel slightly more secure with a Repub, but that is SLIGHTLY. Repubs don't want to rip your guns out of your hands, punish you for being industrious and tax you to death to support those who can and refuse to work (I have no problem paying to take care of the old, the infirm and the handicapped who cannot take care of themselves--the God I worshipo expects that of us).

But, all in all, that old "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you" thingy makes me feel really nauseous and insecure.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Always has, always will.

Forum List

Back