Politics Will NOT Save You

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.560wind.com/weblogs/kmc/default.aspx

WHY TED KENNEDY DESERVES A BEATING...

8:17am EST
TED KENNEDY DESERVES A BEATING: Well this morning, I am facing a new reality. For the first ever my column has been spiked. Editors believed it to be too "violent, graphic," and "beneath the dignity of a sitting U.S. Senator."

I'm curious what you think...

I did protest politely. I reminded them that much more harsh tactics and actually violent promptings have come from the other side. They were not convinced however, saying that some nut could do something nutty - and point the finger back at the publication. (That's ok - they are still getting up to speed on who we MuscleHeads are...)

Anyway...here is the column as submitted. I would like your take on whether you agreed with my editors or not. Let me know by reaching me here.

"WHY TED KENNEDY DESERVES A BEATING..."
Kevin McCullough 01.12.2006

So I'm sitting at my desk in my WMCA broadcast home studios. I have been hunched over my laptop since the close of my broadcast some three hours previously, only to take a break for dinner out with my son. Upon our return I flipped on the television, like many, to ABC to watch the latest episode of LOST. But unlike many I continued pondering the events of the day, particularly those at the Samuel Alito confirmation hearings.

About two-thirds of the way through the episode Charlie (the character who struggles with heroin addiction), turns to Echo and inquires, "And if I don't help you, what are you going to do, beat me with your 'Jesus' stick?"

That's when it hit me...

"Ted Kennedy needs a beating."

Let me be clear, I don't mean some "pansy slap" on the wrist. I mean a bona fide beating!

Why?

Well the reasons are numerous. Let's start with driving cars into bodies of water and letting young girls drown or cheating on exams at Harvard and getting expelled. We could start with the fact that the senior Senator from Massachusetts tells untruths as easily as most people breathe air, or in his case imbibe alcohol. One could also cite the fact that generally he acts like a donkey's backside in most congressional business, but he makes extraordinary attempts when the judiciary committee convenes and cameras are present.

But in recent days the main reason he needs a good old fashioned "whoopin" has purely to do with his demeanor when facing a gentle couple in Samuel Alito, and his obviously deeply tender, and caring wife.

Maybe the Senator felt it necessary to act like the hindquarter of a mule to shore up his constituency in Massachusetts. But that's where I had to stop myself. Is it realistic to think that the voters in Massachusetts, deep down in their hearts, truly want to be represented by someone increasingly looks like he's just been pushed out of the corner pub, and more importantly express the temperament of someone who has been?

Easily provable false statement, after false statement, emanated from the drunken bloviator time and time again in the Alito hearings. Increasingly harsh rhetoric calling to question the integrity, and character of the judge who sat before him spewed forth from the "great white" of New England.

Kennedy charged Alito with never having sided with people of color in issues of racial discrimination. The facts showed there were at least nine cases, where Alito did side with a person of color, and that was on very rushed research. He continued to pound away at the loser of all losing attacks against Alito, making suspicious claims of Alito's days with a Princeton alumni group. He even went so far as to throw a spittle stained tantrum in front of the cameras with Chairman Arlen Specter over the matter.

And like his all-too-familiar hangovers, when the papers in question were produced, when he kept his staff up the better part of the entire night to scour for any implicating mentions of Alito, the following morning brought something of a splitting headache. Alito's name was not only not implicated in the papers, but never even mentioned.

And when all of that failed... Kennedy flailed back to the charges of racist, racist, racist.

If Judge Alito is the kind of man his peers say he is then he reflected it best in sitting there and never reacting to Kennedy's absolute insanity. I also grew to admire Alito's bride at her ability to be strong, but I grew to admire her affection for her husband when a decent person like she, was unable to take it anymore.

When decency is exposed to that much bile in a short period of time, I wish it would always produce such a tender response.

Which brings me back to what needs to happen Kennedy...a sound beating!

In the words of my grandfather "when life deals a man a beating it will help that man find his priorities." I should know, I've endured quite a few in my life.

When humans go astray God many times will use difficulties in our lives, and sometimes even pain, to help us understand where we wandered, and why we need to get back on track.

I have to think that eventually the state of Massachusetts will tire of Kennedy. Someday someone will wake up and say, we stand for more in this state then what that sad bitter dishonest man represents.

I think it will be vital when that person stands to be counted that they be given every resource necessary. I know that I will personally be writing out a check to such a strategically important cause.

Yes Kennedy needs a beating...mentally, emotionally, and spiritually! You thought I was referring to an actual physical beating?

HA!

What do I look like - a liberal? Like he would feel it anyway...

No, let's retire America's unofficial martini expert - and deliver the politically bloodiest beating that could be leveled at the ballot box.

Now, who do I make that check out to?

I said in another thread that were I Mrs. Alito, I would have wanted to get up and punch Teddy in the nose. McCullough said it much more eloquently, but I think we are on the same page.

Teddy should have been thrown a severe beating in 1969 before being thrown out of office and into jail for choosing to save his political career instead of Mary Jo Kopeckne.

This is just another in a long line of beatings due him.

Forum List

Back