Political posturing before NFL games may come with penalties this year.

Ratings for the NFL were in decline before this kneeling idiocy started the NFL wanted parity in the league which is just another word for mediocrity and they got it and dropping ratings are the result of it.

Ratings for the NFL were in decline before this kneeling idiocy started the NFL wanted parity in the league which is just another word for mediocrity and they got it and dropping ratings are the result of it.

Ratings have been dropping for years, across all sports, and across all TV in general. Lotsa people cutting the cable upon the realization that anything the boob tube gives 'em they can get off the internet -- including whatever sports they like. I've been doing that for at least ten years.

NFL considers 15-yard penalty for anthem kneeling

I've said it repeatedly. Keep your politics to yourself on the job. What would happen to you if everyday before work you gave a political speech?

Yeah, knock it off.
Well it is not going to so you will just have to find a way to deal with the horrific trauma
Why do board noobs always make dumb assumptions and make complete idiots out of themselves?

Perhaps you should look up my thoughts on the whole thing from LAST YEAR before you make anymore of a retard of yourself.

Enjoy ignore idiot.
Awww. Vag-sore bitch is upset. If you think they are going to start penalizing, in game, for this, you are even more of a fucktard than we thought

The NFL thought it could manipulate the fans and that their product was in such demand. And then they saw vast droves of fans burning their teams’ swag in backyard fires. The Baltimore Ravens were the ultimate losers.... their whole team kneels for the National Anthem in London and then stand for God Save The Queen. The National Anthem was written within eyesight of their home stadium in Baltimore by a man that was being held prisoner by the Queen’s Navy. They then tried to make things better by trying to sign Colin Kaepernick only to have Kaepernick’s girlfriend refer to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti as a “slavemaster”....... for trying to be the lone team to sign her man!

Feel free to essplain to the class what the fuck a national anthem has to do with an NFL game.

Or for that matter an MLB, NBA, NHL etc etc etc game.

Exactly.

It has nothing to do with it.

Precisely. Gold star for you.

Now take that where it goes ---- given that it's got zero to do with the game........ what the fuck is it doing there?

But football's a business and the players are harming their own businesses.

Are they.

Oh don't stop there. Explain how.

:dig:

The ones who kneel should get fired.

--- on the basis of........?

And what should happen to those teams that cave in to the Pentagon-pimped fake patriotism charades --- those who injected politics into the game in the first place? What do you think, boycott? Or maybe the NFL should return that taxpayer money to the government?

Oh wait -- they already did that.

Well, you specifically used the term "game of football" to imply the game played on the field. Then you moved the goalposts and said aha, therefore it has nothing to do with the NFL as a business.

One of the businesses I owned was a restaurant. I instructed my staff to greet everyone as they came through the door.

What you're arguing is that you could refuse to do that because we are a restaurant and it has nothing to do with the food.

True, it doesn't. But you're fired, Pogo.

This is simple, clear and directly analogous. Be honest, you didn't grasp it, did you? You really are that, let's go with slow ...

Surprising to see them do this, considering how PC the league is.

It's only a big deal if you MAKE it a big deal. This accomplishes nothing.
They are not doing it. They discussed it, but they are not going to start handing out in-game penalties for this.

I've said it repeatedly. Keep your politics to yourself on the job. What would happen to you if everyday before work you gave a political speech?

Yeah, knock it off.

So you're leading the demand for all conservative truck driver to remove any MAGA stickers from their rigs yeah?

No you aren't, you really don't give a shit unless you can whine about black men.
Because you can't stay on topic. What a tard. And yes, people who put bumper stickers on their vehicles are dumb. As for MAGA stickers on corporate vehicles, I haven't seen any. Fell free to make up any other failed arguments and move those goal posts anywhere you need in order to make a point.

Yeah, knock it off.

Penalize the entire team for some idiots need to disrespect his country before the game? For the love of God. What is wrong with the NFL? Just make it against the rules and fine the individual. Problem solved.

The NFL thought it could manipulate the fans and that their product was in such demand. And then they saw vast droves of fans burning their teams’ swag in backyard fires. The Baltimore Ravens were the ultimate losers.... their whole team kneels for the National Anthem in London and then stand for God Save The Queen. The National Anthem was written within eyesight of their home stadium in Baltimore by a man that was being held prisoner by the Queen’s Navy. They then tried to make things better by trying to sign Colin Kaepernick only to have Kaepernick’s girlfriend refer to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti as a “slavemaster”....... for trying to be the lone team to sign her man!

The whole team didn't kneel. It was 10-15 players. But that was enough to royally piss off half the Ravens fan base. Fan attendance was so bad after that London game that it prompted the team president to send a letter to season ticket holders acknowledging the kneeling had an affect.

Yeah, knock it off.

So you're leading the demand for all conservative truck driver to remove any MAGA stickers from their rigs yeah?

No you aren't, you really don't give a shit unless you can whine about black men.
Because you can't stay on topic. What a tard. And yes, people who put bumper stickers on their vehicles are dumb. As for MAGA stickers on corporate vehicles, I haven't seen any. Fell free to make up any other failed arguments and move those goal posts anywhere you need in order to make a point.

You derailed your own thread when you purported to cite "political posturing before NFL games" and then immediately shifted away from the entity that inserted that political posturing in there -- the NFL itself in obsequious obedience to the fake-patriotism mob mentality -- and tried to immediately shift it to the entity that reacted to it --- the players who were then trotted out to the field to act as marionette pawns to sell the Jingo commercial. And I immediately called you on it too, and you had no answer and still don't.

So your credibility about "moving goalposts" and "staying on topic" was gone before it ever showed up. You never even were on (your own) topic. And you won't be unless and until you address exactly how that political posturing got itself inserted into NFL games in the first place.

Last edited:

Feel free to essplain to the class what the fuck a national anthem has to do with an NFL game.

Exactly.

Now take that where it goes ---- given that it's got zero to do with the game........ what the fuck is it doing there?

Are they.

And what should happen to those teams that cave in to the Pentagon-pimped fake patriotism charades --- those who injected politics into the game in the first place? What do you think, boycott? Or maybe the NFL should return that taxpayer money to the government?

Well, you specifically used the term "game of football" to imply the game played on the field. Then you moved the goalposts and said aha, therefore it has nothing to do with the NFL as a business.

One of the businesses I owned was a restaurant. I instructed my staff to greet everyone as they came through the door.

What you're arguing is that you could refuse to do that because we are a restaurant and it has nothing to do with the food.

This is simple, clear and directly analogous. Be honest, you didn't grasp it, did you? You really are that, let's go with slow ...

Nope. I did NOT say anything about "NFL as a business" at all. You can't just plug in what you wish I had said and then run with it.

I said, what's it got to do with the game of football. And the game of football is what the players, the fans, the officials, the stadium vendors --- in other words EVERYBODY -- is there for.

Who the fuck goes to a football stadium to watch a Jingo commercial?

WHO?

Exactly.

Are they.

Nope. I did NOT say anything about "NFL as a business" at all. You can't just plug in what you wish I had said and then run with it.

I said, what's it got to do with the game of football. And the game of football is what the players, the fans, the officials, the stadium vendors --- in other words EVERYBODY -- is there for.

WHO?

Exactly.

Are they.

WHO?
So players can piss off customers. It doesn't impact the business. Got it

Yeah, knock it off.

You derailed your own thread when you purported to cite "political posturing before NFL games" and then immediately shifted away from the entity that inserted that political posturing in there -- the NFL itself in obsequious obedience to the fake-patriotism mob mentality -- and tried to immediately shift it to the entity that reacted to it --- the players who were then trotted out to the field to act as marionette pawns to sell the Jingo commercial. And I immediately called you on it too, and you had no answer and still don't.

So your credibility about "moving goalposts" and "staying on topic" was gone before it ever showed up. You never even were on (your own) topic. And you won't be unless and until you address exactly how that political posturing got itself inserted into NFL games in the first place.
Stfu troll. The new guidelines and FINES were announced today so your little merry band of shit starters kneel at their own peril DESPITE what you think on my thread.

Yeah, knock it off.

Stfu troll. The new guidelines and FINES were announced today so your little merry band of shit starters kneel at their own peril DESPITE what you think on my thread.

And you STILL can't answer the fact that you derailed your own thread.

WHO put a fucking national anthem into a football game in the first place? Hm? You want to talk "political posturing before NFL games" ---- which *IS* your title --- THAT is the question you start with.

What's it doing there? What's its function? WHY is it injecting political posturing into an event that has NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICAL POSTURING?

Wassamatta? Is the question inconvenient?

Last edited:

Exactly.

Are they.

WHO?

Exactly.

Are they.

WHO?
So players can piss off customers. It doesn't impact the business. Got it

Players certainly can piss off customers. They can miss a coverage because they weren't paying attention. They can cost their team field position by earning a stupid unnecessary penalty They can, I dunno, throw a tantrum on the field and allow a play to get away. And they should be benched for that or whatever applies, and they usually are.

Those of course are actions that would be part of a football game. You know --- THAT THING THAT EVERYBODY IN THE FUCKING STADIUM CAME THERE FOR.

Real football fans watch games for the game of football and their team.

Conservative assholes go for the pregame flyover...

Please stop coming.

tv51zwjbspz01.jpg

Real football fans watch games for the game of football and their team.

Conservative assholes go for the pregame flyover...

Please stop coming.

Actually the conservative fans are the only one's who can afford to go
to an NFL game. The Coons can't.

If the white's don't watch or attend...the league is finished. NFL advertisers
are all over Goodell about ly's 10% drop in viewership.

The NFL botched this big time. They should have voted that all will stand
and forced the players to strike. Put the players on the road to bankruptcy
early, rather than having to wait until they've been out of football for 5 years.

Forum List

Back