Political posturing before NFL games may come with penalties this year.

NFL considers 15-yard penalty for anthem kneeling

I've said it repeatedly. Keep your politics to yourself on the job. What would happen to you if everyday before work you gave a political speech?

Yeah, knock it off.
Ratings will continue to decline, as they had for years before anybody ever kneeled. There's no coming back from the CTE problem and the increasing competition from other markets.

• Banned

I've said it repeatedly. Keep your politics to yourself on the job. What would happen to you if everyday before work you gave a political speech?

Yeah, knock it off.
Ratings will continue to decline, as they had for years before anybody ever kneeled. There's no coming back from the CTE problem and the increasing competition from other markets.
What other market? Sunday is Football, baseball and golf. The market hasn't changed from what I can tell.

Yeah, knock it off.
What other market? Sunday is Football, baseball and golf. The market hasn't changed from what I can tell.
Soccer's making headways, and kids are watching e-sports instead of signing up for youth football. Basketball's bigger than ever, Hockey's bigger than ever, Baseball's making a comeback... It used to be when you saw a big hit in Football you whooped and cheered. Now you cringe and hope the person's brain doesn't shut down in their 40's. That and conservatives have now abandoned the sport because the players think that their lives matter. It's not looking good for the NFL's future.

• Banned
Soccer lol.

I've been hearing soccer was the new hot thing since my kids were little. Go into any sports bar on Sunday and see how many TVS are on soccer vs football.

The decline imo is the public's disgust with the teams that hire and overlook thugs and their behavior. Every week you hear a new story about a rape, a beatdown, a dwi, a drug bust.
That shit used to fly under the radar but no more in the age of instant 14/7 news.

THAT is the reason for the decline. The kneeling stupidity was just the tipping point.

Yeah, knock it off.
Well it is not going to so you will just have to find a way to deal with the horrific trauma
Why do board noobs always make dumb assumptions and make complete idiots out of themselves?

Perhaps you should look up my thoughts on the whole thing from LAST YEAR before you make anymore of a retard of yourself.

Enjoy ignore idiot.

Yeah, knock it off.

Political posturing before NFL games may come with penalties this year.

Ah if only this title were accurate.

"Political posturing" is exactly what the NFL has been doing for the last decade by trotting players out like marionettes-pawns to stand around genuflecting for a piece of music that has absolute ZERO to do with the game. So don't give us this BULLSHIT about where it started, K?

Now if we want to penalize every team that pulls this fake-patriotism shit just because they have a captive audience who came there for a completely different purpose, have at it. That means everybody gets 15 yards and it cancels out.

A 15 yard penalty before the kickoff? The owners don't have the balls to take the player off the lineup for the game but they might if public outrage becomes strong enough.

Soccer lol.

I've been hearing soccer was the new hot thing since my kids were little. Go into any sports bar on Sunday and see how many TVS are on soccer vs football.

The decline imo is the public's disgust with the teams that hire and overlook thugs and their behavior. Every week you hear a new story about a rape, a beatdown, a dwi, a drug bust.
That shit used to fly under the radar but no more in the age of instant 14/7 news.

THAT is the reason for the decline. The kneeling stupidity was just the tipping point.

Presumably by "thugs" you mean the Defense Department pimping fake-patriotism charades with taxpayer money, right?

The NFL thought it could manipulate the fans and that their product was in such demand. And then they saw vast droves of fans burning their teams’ swag in backyard fires. The Baltimore Ravens were the ultimate losers.... their whole team kneels for the National Anthem in London and then stand for God Save The Queen. The National Anthem was written within eyesight of their home stadium in Baltimore by a man that was being held prisoner by the Queen’s Navy. They then tried to make things better by trying to sign Colin Kaepernick only to have Kaepernick’s girlfriend refer to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti as a “slavemaster”....... for trying to be the lone team to sign her man!

The NFL thought it could manipulate the fans and that their product was in such demand. And then they saw vast droves of fans burning their teams’ swag in backyard fires. The Baltimore Ravens were the ultimate losers.... their whole team kneels for the National Anthem in London and then stand for God Save The Queen. The National Anthem was written within eyesight of their home stadium in Baltimore by a man that was being held prisoner by the Queen’s Navy. They then tried to make things better by trying to sign Colin Kaepernick only to have Kaepernick’s girlfriend refer to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti as a “slavemaster”....... for trying to be the lone team to sign her man!

Feel free to essplain to the class what the fuck a national anthem has to do with an NFL game.

Or for that matter an MLB, NBA, NHL etc etc etc game.

Exactly.

Yeah, knock it off.

Clearly the kneeling has harmed football ratings. Grow up

Feel free to essplain to the class what the fuck a national anthem has to do with an NFL game.

Exactly.

It has nothing to do with it. But football's a business and the players are harming their own businesses. The ones who kneel should get fired.

Just FYI, most employees can't stage any protests at work. The media and teachers are just two exceptions as you're expected to protest on behalf of the left at work. You claim to have worked for the media and you are a terrible writer, so I believe you

Exactly.

I just explained it..... The Fans. Comprende’ ?

Yeah, knock it off.

Clearly the kneeling has harmed football ratings. Grow up

There's no evidence of causation there. Zero. NFL ratings have been in decline for years, as have those of MLB, as have those of NBA, as have those of NHL, as have those of college football, as have those of even NASCAR -- although granted that's not a sport.

In fact it's fair to say that TV ratings for just about everything, sports or anything else, have been in decline for at least a decade.

And why do you think that is?

Ever heard of "the internet"? Ever heard of "streaming"? Or "smart" phones?

Bingo, I fired my TV years ago and I'm hardly alone. The thrift store where I took mine can't even sell them. They won't take them any more. Nobody wants one.

And we did all this at least a year ago. Yet here comes the same Ass-ociation Fallacy looking for different results.

New Topics

Forum List

Back