Political posturing before NFL games may come with penalties this year.

The NFL thought it could manipulate the fans and that their product was in such demand. And then they saw vast droves of fans burning their teams’ swag in backyard fires. The Baltimore Ravens were the ultimate losers.... their whole team kneels for the National Anthem in London and then stand for God Save The Queen. The National Anthem was written within eyesight of their home stadium in Baltimore by a man that was being held prisoner by the Queen’s Navy. They then tried to make things better by trying to sign Colin Kaepernick only to have Kaepernick’s girlfriend refer to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti as a “slavemaster”....... for trying to be the lone team to sign her man!

Feel free to essplain to the class what the fuck a national anthem has to do with an NFL game.

Or for that matter an MLB, NBA, NHL etc etc etc game.

Exactly.

I just explained it..... The Fans. Comprende’ ?

Nope. In fact that doesn't touch the question at all.

To be fair, I knew when I posed that question that it has no valid answer. That's supposed to be a clue.

The NFL thought it could manipulate the fans and that their product was in such demand. And then they saw vast droves of fans burning their teams’ swag in backyard fires. The Baltimore Ravens were the ultimate losers.... their whole team kneels for the National Anthem in London and then stand for God Save The Queen. The National Anthem was written within eyesight of their home stadium in Baltimore by a man that was being held prisoner by the Queen’s Navy. They then tried to make things better by trying to sign Colin Kaepernick only to have Kaepernick’s girlfriend refer to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti as a “slavemaster”....... for trying to be the lone team to sign her man!

Feel free to essplain to the class what the fuck a national anthem has to do with an NFL game.

Exactly.

It has nothing to do with it.

Precisely. Gold star for you.

Now take that where it goes ---- given that it's got zero to do with the game........ what the fuck is it doing there?

But football's a business and the players are harming their own businesses.

Are they.

Oh don't stop there. Explain how.

:dig:

The ones who kneel should get fired.

--- on the basis of........?

And what should happen to those teams that cave in to the Pentagon-pimped fake patriotism charades --- those who injected politics into the game in the first place? What do you think, boycott? Or maybe the NFL should return that taxpayer money to the government?

Oh wait -- they already did that.

Exactly.

To be fair, I knew when I posed that question that it has no valid answer. That's supposed to be a clue.

You can continue arguing why / how the National Anthem has nothing to do with the game but if the majority of the fans supporting the game says it has something or everything to do with the game, then the singing of the National Anthem has something to do with the game. Customers and the Market teaches you everything you need to know.

Exactly.

You can continue arguing why / how the National Anthem has nothing to do with the game but if the majority of the fans supporting the game says it has something or everything to do with the game, then the singing of the National Anthem has something to do with the game. Customers and the Market teaches you everything you need to know.

And if we asked those fans you claim to speak for without their authorization, they would say --- what?

You can squirm around trying to avoid this question all you want. It still won't have an answer.

standing for the national anthem should be one of them...why bring politics to a sport? ban national anthem in all sporting events.

standing for the national anthem should be one of them...why bring politics to a sport? ban national anthem in all sporting events.

Well, don't 'ban' anything but just let them acknowledge that the practice is jingoistic bullshit, always was pretentious bullshit, and just quit doing it and get on with what everybody is there for -- to play sports. And not to act out a Jingo commercial,

NFL considers 15-yard penalty for anthem kneeling

I've said it repeatedly. Keep your politics to yourself on the job. What would happen to you if everyday before work you gave a political speech?

Yeah, knock it off.

So you're leading the demand for all conservative truck driver to remove any MAGA stickers from their rigs yeah?

No you aren't, you really don't give a shit unless you can whine about black men.

Exactly.

And if we asked those fans you claim to speak for without their authorization, they would say --- what?

You can squirm around trying to avoid this question all you want. It still won't have an answer.

I’m not squirming. In the NFL, it’s all about money today and moving forward. If the NFL felt that the majority of the paying fans did not think it was part of the game, the Anthem would go away. But, too much, or, a majority, believes the Anthem is part of the game. The National Anthem is part of the game.

I've said it repeatedly. Keep your politics to yourself on the job. What would happen to you if everyday before work you gave a political speech?

Yeah, knock it off.

So you're leading the demand for all conservative truck driver to remove any MAGA stickers from their rigs yeah?

No you aren't, you really don't give a shit unless you can whine about black men.
A truck driver does not compare to millions of fans watching football games.
Beat it.

Exactly.

I’m not squirming. In the NFL, it’s all about money today and moving forward. If the NFL felt that the majority of the paying fans did not think it was part of the game, the Anthem would go away. But, too much, or, a majority, believes the Anthem is part of the game. The National Anthem is part of the game.

And here you are talking in circles, still unable to address the actual question. As I warned you would be.

That being --- *******HOW******* is any national anthem "part of the game?

Football game takes place. Team A beats Team B by a score of 27-17. What part of that did the national anthem play?

Hm?

What would the score have been had they skipped it?

And here you are talking in circles, still unable to address the actual question. As I warned you would be.

Football game takes place. Team A beats Team B by a score of 27-17. What part of that did the national anthem play?

Hm?

You are in your own circle. I am talking about how the game is played in the NFL.

Hm?

You are in your own circle. I am talking about how the game is played in the NFL.

So am I.

You can't answer the question because it doesn't *HAVE* an answer. Which proves your premise wrong.

I don't watch football to see guys stand at attention. Do they even show it other than at the Super Bowl?

Nope, they sure don't.
Which is why all these whiners whining because they're told to are full-of-shit hypocrites. Before Kaepernick they didn't even know there WAS a national anthem at NFL games.

Goodell is a MORON for not nipping it in the bud to begin with.

This is true. When the Pentagon came a-pimpin' with our tax dollars to buy Jingo® commercials he should have said "Fuck off". Instead of having to be shamed into sending the money back once the scandal was exposed by Congressional investigation.

Yeah, knock it off.

Not going to happen on this thread either.

So, if players on each team kneel (as they probably would because they stand up for one another’s right to protest), the penalties will always offset.

Industrial strength stupid.

Yeah, knock it off.

Not going to happen on this thread either.

So, if players on each team kneel (as they probably would because they stand up for one another’s right to protest), the penalties will always offset.

Industrial strength stupid.

Yes, industrial strength stupid...it was posted by a conservative.

Yeah, knock it off.
Ratings will continue to decline, as they had for years before anybody ever kneeled. There's no coming back from the CTE problem and the increasing competition from other markets.
What other market? Sunday is Football, baseball and golf. The market hasn't changed from what I can tell.
Soccer's making headways, and kids are watching e-sports instead of signing up for youth football. Basketball's bigger than ever, Hockey's bigger than ever, Baseball's making a comeback... It used to be when you saw a big hit in Football you whooped and cheered. Now you cringe and hope the person's brain doesn't shut down in their 40's. That and conservatives have now abandoned the sport because the players think that their lives matter. It's not looking good for the NFL's future.

The NFL will be fine. Three different networks broadcasted the draft….

Forum List

Back