Political Liberty and The Right of Popular Rebellion Against Tyranny

yet you wrote that

"The Founders found democracy less useful after winning independence; why do you think they believed only property owners deserved a vote?"
Correct.
The Founders used property-less patriots to fight the British and then denied the same patriots the right to vote.
what? Are you using the term founders to refer to a generation or to a handful of people?

during that era having the vote was not universal, so for you to say the founders 'used' patriots as if only non voters later were the only 'patriots'???

you're either drunk or highly retarded in your education of the subject

Originally there was no tax on income at all. The purpose of only allowing tax payers to vote was because only tax payers were stakeholders
What about colonists who fought for US independence?
Were they stakeholders?
they were because they are beneficiaries of any system they live under. during that era not all citizens/subjects had a vote.

stop using your feelings to think

Originally there was no tax on income at all. The purpose of only allowing tax payers to vote was because only tax payers were stakeholders
Were they stakeholders?
They were stakeholders in liberty. Yes. This does not mean that they would be at liberty to vote themselves benefits from those who pay taxes. We see how that works and it doesn't.

Were they stakeholders?
They were stakeholders in liberty. Yes. This does not mean that they would be at liberty to vote themselves benefits from those who pay taxes. We see how that works and it doesn't.

you're more wrong and crazier than ever

Most people using the term classical liberalism are speaking about this specific kind of society and government. It is at best specious, and at worst disingenuous of people to keep using the term in order to make a point about the Founders' intent(s).
Your link:
"Classical liberalism is a philosophy committed to the ideal of limited government and liberty of individuals including freedom of religion,speech, press, assembly, and free markets..."

"It drew on the economics of Adam Smith, a psychological understanding of individual liberty, natural law and utilitarianism, and a belief in progress.

"Classical liberals established political parties that were called 'liberal', although in the United States classical liberalism came to dominate both existing major political parties."

You should really learn when quotation marks are required in you ramblings.

Classical liberalism

Most people using the term classical liberalism are speaking about this specific kind of society and government. It is at best specious, and at worst disingenuous of people to keep using the term in order to make a point about the Founders' intent(s).
Your link:
"Classical liberalism is a philosophy committed to the ideal of limited government and liberty of individuals including freedom of religion,speech, press, assembly, and free markets..."

"It drew on the economics of Adam Smith, a psychological understanding of individual liberty, natural law and utilitarianism, and a belief in progress.

"Classical liberals established political parties that were called 'liberal', although in the United States classical liberalism came to dominate both existing major political parties."

Classical liberalism
really Georgie? I'll take that gem into consideration

Your link:

Classical liberalism
here is HOW the post you refer to looked:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something along this line is what I am referring to:

Classical liberalism
www.princeton.edu/.../Classical_liberalism.html
Princeton University
Although classical liberalism built on ideas that had already developed by the end of the eighteenth century, it advocated a specific kind of society, government .​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is it that confuses you? The indented part?

:lol:

Yer kidding, right?

seriously, get with the program or sit back and learn something.

No serious person would deny these facts
Is the ACA a form a tyranny?

yes or no please

Of course not, unless of course you would consider a law passed by both chambers of the legislature, signed by the executive, and ruled constitutional by the judiciary as being tyrannous
Tyranny; government by force or coercion.

we no have to buy health insurance or pay a fine (coercion)

therefore the aca is tyranny

faulty logic
No, I just have no President I need to fluff.
I have no policy that I feel must be defended to protect my party.

You choose party over country, and you can't admit that to yourself b/c then you would have to be honest with yourself.

but it's truly liberating.

:lol:

Yer kidding, right?

yes or no please

Of course not, unless of course you would consider a law passed by both chambers of the legislature, signed by the executive, and ruled constitutional by the judiciary as being tyrannous

In addition to being faulty logic this is also factually wrong.

Those who do not have health insurance do not pay a 'fine,' as the ACA makes no provision for criminal penalties, fines, liens, levies, or other punitive measures.

Because no one is subject to punitive measures, the ACA is not 'tyranny.'

Citizens are at liberty to go without health insurance if they so desire.
Uninsured next year Here s your Obamacare penalty. - Aug. 13 2013
The Individual Mandate ObamaCare Watch
Google

yes or no please

faulty logic

You choose party over country, and you can't admit that to yourself b/c then you would have to be honest with yourself.

Dante did NOT vote for Obama in 2008

yes or no please

faulty logic

Dante did NOT vote for Obama in 2008
idc

but after knowing how terrible he is, you voted for him in 2012

that puts a stamp on the fact that you hate the country and our freedoms, b/c you chose government tyranny over freedom

Forum List

Back