Political correctness

You would not know a communist if he or she spelled it out for you, you have been indoctrinated my dear

It started in the universities and through the generations, the fear took hold and found it's way into our kindergarden classes

See Dillo, this is being judgmental. You have no idea about me, my life, or what I've done. All you're doing is assuming. You know what they say when you assume? You make an ass out of u and me.

I know McCarthy would of loved your paranoid sheepish self.

We must be able to make judgements in order to make decisions

There must be an equivalent to Godwin's Law for McCarthy.

If there isn't, we can start one now and call it Doggie The Bubble Mod's Law.

Interesting answer to direct questions.

So lets try and dance around the PC thread being very PC while we do it shall we?. I used the N word in this thread, was that usage racist?

Are black people racist when they use the N word to describe each other?

Are you going to call a African American the N word to his face, yes or no? See, like I said earlier, here's the thing about the internet, it makes people a helluva lot more braver than they are in the outside world.

I never used racial swears on here, however I use to swear like a sailor. These days, I post as if my mother would be reading this thread.

Actually with certain friends of mine I do exactly that, we have several times gone through the spectrum of honky and ****** names thrown at each other, usually while laughing our asses off. once it starts it seems to continue until one of the wives puts an end to it. Is it racist? Not a bit.

I have a thought about that. If you are an American, then that's what you are. If you're a person who labels themselves with a prefix, hyphen, and then the word, American, maybe you should re-evaluate yourself. Being an American is like being pregnant. Either you are or you're not. If you can't call yourself a plain, old, run-of-the-mill, apple pie eating, patriotic American then maybe you should rethink your priorities. And if you're an American, please speak English.

Why do you want everybody to be the same? Not a fun place to live, if that were the case.

I am an American, it's as simple as that. My ancestors going back 6 or 7 generations may not have been American. But I am 100% American.

My family traces it's roots to before the American Revolution and the Berkeley line. My ancestry, the Bishop Berkeley, was going through the colonies trying to open hospitals. Very Californial! And guess what? A Mountain Dew still costs me two bucks at the 66 Diner like everyone else!

It bothers me when I see flags from foreign countries displayed here. The immigrants are not assimilating. I wonder how many "Americans" know how many justices there are on the U. S. Supreme Court.

Here in the southwest, Spanish was spoken 75 years before the Declaration of Independence. Out here, we should all speak Spanish and English. Because I am part of an old family tree, we feel a certain ownership of the country, that those who came later may not feel. But, big BUT, a person who became a U. S. citizen 15 minutes ago is just as equal as I am. Citizenship requirements, (other than anchor babies), are tough. You can be relatively sure that a new citizen will be able to tell you how many justices there are on the U. S. Supreme Court, and more.

I can not help but laugh when I hear people say, "America love it or leave it," because if that were enforced, they would be leaving this country, long before me. Political correctness is just a matter of being polite, and showing respect for diversity.

america-love-it-or-leave-it.jpg

Can't bring yourself to claim that you are less judgemental huh ?:eusa_whistle:

Call it judgmental if you like.

"Well, most folks seem to think they're right and you're wrong..."

"They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions," said Atticus, "but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

So lets try and dance around the PC thread being very PC while we do it shall we?. I used the N word in this thread, was that usage racist?

Are you going to call a African American the N word to his face, yes or no? See, like I said earlier, here's the thing about the internet, it makes people a helluva lot more braver than they are in the outside world.

I never used racial swears on here, however I use to swear like a sailor. These days, I post as if my mother would be reading this thread.

Actually with certain friends of mine I do exactly that, we have several times gone through the spectrum of honky and ****** names thrown at each other, usually while laughing our asses off. once it starts it seems to continue until one of the wives puts an end to it. Is it racist? Not a bit.

This from Ollie who swears he is not racist, nor a Tea Bagger. Is he a Republican, or a conservative? Give them enough rope, and they will hang themselves. Ollie just outed himself. :D

Hangmans-Rope-1.jpg

Last edited:

Yes, because you're not using it as racist because it's your specific friends. You've come to have that comfortable understanding. However, you're not going to walk up to a random stranger on the street and say it, are you?

Under the pervasive guidance of Political Correctness that took hold from elementary school to university, from the media to the arts, from the country fields to factories and offices, Cubans learned to say what it was safe to say. Always in line with the overpowering state. Always following the dictums of the only political party left: the Communist Party.

That's authoritarianism, not necessarily communism.

Why do you want everybody to be the same? Not a fun place to live, if that were the case.

I am an American, it's as simple as that. My ancestors going back 6 or 7 generations may not have been American. But I am 100% American.

My family traces it's roots to before the American Revolution and the Berkeley line. My ancestry, the Bishop Berkeley, was going through the colonies trying to open hospitals. Very Californial! And guess what? A Mountain Dew still costs me two bucks at the 66 Diner like everyone else!

It bothers me when I see flags from foreign countries displayed here. The immigrants are not assimilating. I wonder how many "Americans" know how many justices there are on the U. S. Supreme Court.

Here in the southwest, Spanish was spoken 75 years before the Declaration of Independence. Out here, we should all speak Spanish and English. Because I am part of an old family tree, we feel a certain ownership of the country, that those who came later may not feel. But, big BUT, a person who became a U. S. citizen 15 minutes ago is just as equal as I am. Citizenship requirements, (other than anchor babies), are tough. You can be relatively sure that a new citizen will be able to tell you how many justices there are on the U. S. Supreme Court, and more.

I can not help but laugh when I hear people say, "America love it or leave it," because if that were enforced, they would be leaving this country, long before me. Political correctness is just a matter of being polite, and showing respect for diversity.

100% American has nothing to do with genealogy. It's about VALUES - something for which you constantly betray a severe deficiency.

simple answer is no because i am not rude. Do you even know what i said, i assume would be a better question and how it was used.

Can't bring yourself to claim that you are less judgemental huh ?:eusa_whistle:

Call it judgmental if you like.

"Well, most folks seem to think they're right and you're wrong..."

"They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions," said Atticus, "but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

It IS judgemental----and you place yourself as the judge. I think people have had enough of trying to tippy toe around those who have no self esteem.

This from Ollie who swears he is not racist, nor a Tea Bagger. Is he a Republican, or a conservative? Give them enough rope, and they will hang themselves. Ollie just outed himself.

Hangmans-Rope-1.jpg

To be honest, I don't think Ollie is racist because I can understand where he's coming from. What I'm referring to specifically is when such racial words are used in a hateful manner. Ollie's situation is a rare occasion.

By the way, if you're trying to judge him about it, posting a picture of a noose in a conversation involving African Americans is probably not the best thing. Just sayin'.

Under the pervasive guidance of Political Correctness that took hold from elementary school to university, from the media to the arts, from the country fields to factories and offices, Cubans learned to say what it was safe to say. Always in line with the overpowering state. Always following the dictums of the only political party left: the Communist Party.

That's authoritarianism, not necessarily communism.

Not necessarily America either, what difference does it make? It is oppression

This from Ollie who swears he is not racist, nor a Tea Bagger. Is he a Republican, or a conservative? Give them enough rope, and they will hang themselves. Ollie just outed himself. :D

Hangmans-Rope-1.jpg

Grow the fuck up dumb ass. You think I can't talk like that with my friends who happen to be black? You must live a very fucked up life.

Yes, because you're not using it as racist because it's your specific friends. You've come to have that comfortable understanding. However, you're not going to walk up to a random stranger on the street and say it, are you?

Of course not. It's called respect. Besides that would be racist, and I believe racism to be = to stupidity,

It IS judgemental----and you place yourself as the judge. I think people have had enough of trying to tippy toe around those who have no self esteem.

Did you not read my posts in this thread? I said political correctness when taking to the extreme is wrong. However, political correctness in itself is not wrong.

Also, stop with the whole "it's judgmental" crap. We're all judgmental, everyday of our lives with everybody we need. Every single friend we have, we made a conscious choice to be friend while weighing the pros and cons of said friendship.

100% American has nothing to do with genealogy. It's about VALUES - something for which you constantly betray a severe deficiency.

Oh, I don't like the word "breeding," but when a family stands for something for 300 years, and it is passed down from generation to generation with accomplishments, we certainly do not have justify our values. Our values are recorded as actions in the fabric of American history, as are a large number of other familys.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back