Political correctness

I first came into this thread thinking maybe there could be a serious discussion about the issue (see my first post). However, I see the thread for what it is now. Just merely a echo chamber to once again complain about those darn Liberals and how they're the ills of what is wrong with America. Things sure do never change around here.

I first came into this thread thinking maybe there could be a serious discussion about the issue (see my first post). However, I see the thread for what it is now. Just merely a echo chamber to once again complain about those darn Liberals and how they're the ills of what is wrong with America. Things sure do never change around here.

pfffft I avoided all mention of any ideology. You hear it mentioned once and pounce on it.

pfffft I avoided all mention of any ideology. You hear it mentioned once and pounce on it.

Actually, it was mentioned several times. Not by you I must admit, but more than once it was mentioned. Everyone's complaining about political correctness, but it serves a purpose. Like I said in my original post, it's all about moderation.

You want to know why people are PC? It's because they don't want to be like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCbrEbEyheM]YouTube - Kramer, aka Michael Richards, goes on a racist rant[/ame]

Actually, it was mentioned several times. Not by you I must admit, but more than once it was mentioned. Everyone's complaining about political correctness, but it serves a purpose. Like I said in my original post, it's all about moderation.

You want to know why people are PC? It's because they don't want to be like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCbrEbEyheM]YouTube - Kramer, aka Michael Richards, goes on a racist rant[/ame]

And the dumb ass paid for it.

in terms of "names" for people or groups. Could they just make up their fucking minds what they want to be called and stick with it?

I have a thought about that. If you are an American, then that's what you are. If you're a person who labels themselves with a prefix, hyphen, and then the word, American, maybe you should re-evaluate yourself. Being an American is like being pregnant. Either you are or you're not. If you can't call yourself a plain, old, run-of-the-mill, apple pie eating, patriotic American then maybe you should rethink your priorities. And if you're an American, please speak English.

Moderation ? who is moderating whom ?

When I say moderation, I'm talking about how Political Correctness is alright at certain levels. Like I said in my very first post in this thread, I understand it goes overboard and that's wrong. However, that is only one extreme side of the spectrum, the other side being extremely racist. What we need to find is a middle ground.

I have a thought about that. If you are an American, then that's what you are. If you're a person who labels themselves with a prefix, hyphen, and then the word, American, maybe you should re-evaluate yourself. Being an American is like being pregnant. Either you are or you're not. If you can't call yourself a plain, old, run-of-the-mill, apple pie eating, patriotic American then maybe you should rethink your priorities. And if you're an American, please speak English.

Why do you want everybody to be the same? Not a fun place to live, if that were the case.

Political Correctness = Intellectual terrorism

America's change

PC started long before we knew what was happening

:lol: Intellectual terrorism?

You want to call a spade a spade, I'll call a racist a racist for using the N word. Simple as that. :thup:

Why do you want everybody to be the same? Not a fun place to live, if that were the case.

It has nothing to do with being the same-----an American is an American. It's a fact--why twist it ?

I am an American, it's as simple as that. My ancestors going back 6 or 7 generations may not have been American. But I am 100% American.

I think you missed my point too Ollie.

He said:
If you can't call yourself a plain, old, run-of-the-mill, apple pie eating, patriotic American then maybe you should rethink your priorities.

Not every American is like that, but they are Americans.

but I'm offended by the word racist

Tough luck. :D

:lol:

(Not sure if you're being serious.)

Though looking at the example I gave you, someone just using the N word is a bigot, though they are likely a racist too.

Forum List

Back