Political Compass, learn who you are

There real definitions to these terms and people cant seem to get tehm straight.

I was hoping people would LEARN the real meaning of these terms and quit using them incorrectly

A right , center , liberal?

Are you kidding that you dont understand that makes no fucking sense?

Here's mine. It's about where i expected to be.

Though i didn't like the way some questions were worded. They needed a "no opinion" answer as there were some questions that asked you to take a hard stance on something you really didn't agree nor disagree with. But, it put me right about where i expected to be, so i'd have to say it seems pretty accurate.

Political Compass Printable Graph

This is true and, it s a clear failure of this test. It obviously wants to label you, with this in mind it tries to push moderate people in extremist positions (so you ll eventually fit one of the boxes).

Another failure of the test is the fact that it has an imbalance in the examples that represent each category. The left is categorised by dictators and non-violant extremists, while the right faction is populated by much more moderate examples. This obviously shows that the test representation is partial: favouring "the authoritarian right".

I don't really believe you can put everyone in a box, people tend to have views that do not perfectly match one ideology (because they had different experiences). And who says there are only 4 big ideologies? For example: Some people would even refer to religion as an ideology.

lol....aren't you the one that was just arguing semantics?

The simple truth is that I do not fit into any of the little molds you people seem to worship. Like most people I am a study in human contradiction, and I find the idea that any single party line or ideology is best for the nation to be laughable.

Put simply:

I lean right in most things. I am pro-military, pro-Law enforcement and Pro-Gun ownership. believe heavily that small government is key to the success of this nation and I am a fiscal conservative. I do not support the unfettered nanny state and believe that any form of welfare must be limited time-wise and include rehabilitation via lessons in self reliance. I do not think a person should be punished for success and taxation should be uniform and limited.

I oppose the current move towards Healthcare reform.

I oppose amnesty for illegal aliens, oppose open borders and support the tenets of the War on Terror. I support forms of profiling based on common sense and I think that Islamic extremism is a legit enemy.

I am a centrist because I vote issues via conscience. I do not vote solely right or left or because of a D or an R by someones name. I decide, based on what I think is best for the country. Both sides have something to offer when you break through the extremist bullshit of the elites. I am a registered Republican, have been since I was 18, but have voted both ways.

I am a social liberal because I support Gay Rights, Freedom of Choice, and oppose theologically based policy of any sort.

I oppose the Government spying on its own citizens, consider torture to be an aberration and anti-American practice.

There is much more. But this is a good start.

Dude YOU answer the questions and they chart you between the defined positions.

Where you stand on the chart is a reflection of YOUR particular postion according to the definitions.

The guy who said that right, center, liberal was either joking or a fool.

lol....aren't you the one that was just arguing semantics?

The simple truth is that I do not fit into any of the little molds you people seem to worship. Like most people I am a study in human contradiction, and I find the idea that any single party line or ideology is best for the nation to be laughable.

Put simply:

I lean right in most things. I am pro-military, pro-Law enforcement and Pro-Gun ownership. believe heavily that small government is key to the success of this nation and I am a fiscal conservative. I do not support the unfettered nanny state and believe that any form of welfare must be limited time-wise and include rehabilitation via lessons in self reliance. I do not think a person should be punished for success and taxation should be uniform and limited.

I oppose the current move towards Healthcare reform.

I oppose amnesty for illegal aliens, oppose open borders and support the tenets of the War on Terror. I support forms of profiling based on common sense and I think that Islamic extremism is a legit enemy.

I am a centrist because I vote issues via conscience. I do not vote solely right or left or because of a D or an R by someones name. I decide, based on what I think is best for the country. Both sides have something to offer when you break through the extremist bullshit of the elites. I am a registered Republican, have been since I was 18, but have voted both ways.

I am a social liberal because I support Gay Rights, Freedom of Choice, and oppose theologically based policy of any sort.

I oppose the Government spying on its own citizens, consider torture to be an aberration and anti-American practice.

There is much more. But this is a good start.

Take the test and see where you lie, you are very much in the libertarian camp.

If you need a test to tell you who you are, then you dont really have a clue who you are

Everybody knows what they believe.

This test shows you what your positions are nearest in the defined groups.

So many on here do not seem to know the REAL definitions of the terms.

Post your graphs!

pcgraphpng.php

The Political Compass

Take this test and see where you stand with historical figures.

It may just help the people who cant keep straight who is left or right in history.

I think RAVI made this thread a few months ago but I'll take the test again for you...i guarantee i end up almost in the middle just slightly to the lower right.

Huh i slid a little to the right in the last 2 months...i was a little more left last time.

pcgraphpng.php

The Political Compass

Take this test and see where you stand with historical figures.

It may just help the people who cant keep straight who is left or right in history.

I think RAVI made this thread a few months ago but I'll take the test again for you...i guarantee i end up almost in the middle just slightly to the lower right.

Huh i slid a little to the right in the last 2 months...i was a little more left last time.

pcgraphpng.php

you and me both....

Attachments

• $pcgraphpng.png
    $pcgraphpng.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 39
Economic Left/Right: 9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36
PC2010.png

I've taken this test before but thought I'd join the fun. There are some obvious flaws noted above and including some very poorly worded questions and other goofyness. However, of all the many many political test floating around the internet, Political Compass is about as good as one could find.

Forum List

Back