Police State: Police Officer Slays Marine Sergeant In School Parking Lot...

Too many changes... first the marine was walking away fromt he cop then turned and the cop felt threatened so he shot him. Then he was getting back into the car and starting it and he felt the children were threatened so he shot him. Then he sped through the gate, then he was acting irrationally and yelling while on the track, then he crashed through the gate, then it was an early morning traffic stop....you don't think that's too many changes?

Each one of those stories was told through the filter of a differnt reporter. Reporters frequently get facts wrong.

That many facts wrong??? That must be some pretty stupid reporters.

Quite frankly I don't believe cops value human life... The second they have it in their little brains that someone is a "criminal" (regardless of the circumstances) they go from "good guy" to "Pol Pot."

Totally unfounded by fact. Cops are like the general population 10% are outstanding individuals. 80% are average and 10% are criminals with a badge. I have many friends on various SWAT teams around the country and the last thing they want to do is take a life.
In one case there was a man who had taken two kids hostage.

They could have killed him almost anytime, but instead they did their recon, figured out how to gain entry, and rescued the two kids while the bad guy was kept busy on the phone.

He very meekly surrendered when he found out that he no longer had pawns in the game.

Whoops! That didn't go well.

Try giving it another chance here:

Didn't work, got another one?

Was there supposed to be links after those colons?

Nope, the "Whoops! That didn't go well" was quoted from the link that was provided above it that I thought was someone backing up his claim of the videocam with a link. Apparently, the jokes on me and the guy was lying through his teeth.

Shooting the man dead was not the cop's only recourse. He should be held accountable.

The marine brought this on himself. The sergeant did that right thing. You ae wrong.

The Marine "deserved it"? First of all, you have no idea what happened. Second, there are very few circumstances where a person "deserves" to be fatally shot. Unless he was about to harm the officer or his kids, I don't think you can say he deserved it. Maybe he had a mental disorder; maybe he was just pissed and acting erratically; does that mean he deserved to be killed? The point is, you don't know what happened. Making such a harsh judgement not only makes you sound foolish, but heartless as well.

When a man who has been acting erratically according to his children and is not following a police officer's direction (a police officer who has lawful cause to detain the man), and said man attempts to drive off with the children?

I am neither foolish or heartless, and I would never allow myself to be in that situation. I feel for the guy, but most of all the safety of the girls takes precedence.

No ifs ands buts.

Last edited:
Does that really matter? He shot the man dead right in front of his children. Whether the cop hollered "Stop" or anything really doesn't matter now for that poor guy and his kids. Murder was not this cop's only recourse. He will have to be held accountable for his crime.
Let me get this straight, he was unarmed? I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer and I do not see the justification for deadly force in the article or why the cop was even there. The article says the father went there with his children often.

As a retired LEO you should know that an automobile can be a deadly weapon if used as such.

Fact is you weren't there. You have no idea what threat existed and what split second decision had to be made.

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback these types of events but not knowing all the facts of the case rendering a judgement is foolish.

In all of the varous stories here, not once did they say the guy tried to run the cop down, not once.

NCIS will get involved and the local cops can't cover up stuff from the Feds, so it could get interesting.

The cop should be arrested for manslaughter because the victim didn't have a weapon on him and it looks like didn't make any verbal threats to the cop. I see Federal charges coming his way....he fucked up killing a military person protected by Federal law.

NCIS will get involved and the local cops can't cover up stuff from the Feds, so it could get interesting.

The cop should be arrested for manslaughter because the victim didn't have a weapon on him and it looks like didn't make any verbal threats to the cop. I see Federal charges coming his way....he fucked up killing a military person protected by Federal law.

It wouldn't be a federal crime tho...

Feds don't investigate cops unless they're committing interstate crimes, or a federal agent for that matter.

The second he tried to drive a car with children in it and the children said he was acting erratically, the officer had a subject in a deadly vehicle who would not respond to order.

Something that we have not heard will have to come out if he is not to return to work, which he will, I believe.

I have seen no claim he crashed through a gate

Then you haven't read the articles posted.

The deputy, a 15-year veteran, told investigators he was parked at San Clemente High School writing reports when he spotted Loggins driving "at a high rate of speed" before turning into the lot and crashing into a gate near the football field.

Deputy Says He Shot 'Irrational' Marine to Protect Kids in Car - San Clemente, CA Patch

Cops are fucking liars that will say absolutely anything to justify their authoritarian fuckups..

That's unjust. In this case, I think the cop is lying his a** off but I would in no way assume they all do.

Mr Nick has his own problems with the police that we need not go into here, but that does compromise his view.

I don't think, based on what is being posted, the cop is lying.

Mr Nick has his own problems with the police that we need not go into here, but that does compromise his view.

I don't think, based on what is being posted, the cop is lying.

Article says "Amormino acknowledged that this version of events differs from an earlier account released by the Sheriff's Department, in which the deputy reportedly opened fire because he feared for his own life" The police are lying.

The kids father had more concern for his own children's life than that overzealous cop who fired into the vehicle with the children inside. These children are now scarred for life & have no father. How exactly did this asshole cop who was supposedly concerned for the children improve their situation???

Quite frankly I don't believe cops value human life... The second they have it in their little brains that someone is a "criminal" (regardless of the circumstances) they go from "good guy" to "Pol Pot."

Totally unfounded by fact. Cops are like the general population 10% are outstanding individuals. 80% are average and 10% are criminals with a badge. I have many friends on various SWAT teams around the country and the last thing they want to do is take a life.
In one case there was a man who had taken two kids hostage.

They could have killed him almost anytime, but instead they did their recon, figured out how to gain entry, and rescued the two kids while the bad guy was kept busy on the phone.

He very meekly surrendered when he found out that he no longer had pawns in the game.

Bullshit......

I'm from Northern Illinois - don't tell me about the criminal cops around here..

If you just happened to be standing in front of my house - I could call the cops and claim you were a "suspicious person trying to sell drugs" and you know what?? when the cops arrived they would beat your fucking ass ALL OF THEM ON THE SCENE... You know why?? because I bet you would claim "you were doing nothing." Of course you were doing nothing but there was a call claiming you were doing something and you would probably get pissed if someone claimed you were doing something - hence the ass whooping..

Don't tell me about bitch cops.........

How often do you think the cops catch the "real bad guy?"

You know what the criteria is to be a cop???

21, HS diploma (or equivalent), pass a drug screen, background check and a lie detector test..

That's it...

Every psychologist knows a psychopath can pass a lie detector test...

Law enforcement attracts psychopaths - not "good guys."'

Good guys don't keep people in prison for 5-20 years because they believe their ego is bigger than DNA evidence, and they certainly don't beat confessions out of people to progress their careers...

Oh FUCK THAT.....

A crime is a crime....

I suppose many individuals have knee-jerkingly killed another - when they had no intent to do such - what makes this cop any better?? why because he's a pig?

sometimes for the same reason we might consider someone that has just come from a war zone as a mitigating circumstance for their fear based irrational reaction to a stress situation...I am not saying he should not face any appropriate charges...just sometimes the stresses of policing on an individual should be taken in to consideration in sentencing if the act was not motivated by anything other than unfounded fear or panic

Oh and lets not forget you have already ADMITTED to using excessive force on some "drunk driver."

You should be fired for that but I bet you think using excessive force is FUNNY... I bet it makes you feel all tough and shit..

No, eots did not Admit to excessive force...

And I've yet to see evidence this cop didn't use excessive force...

I worked as a security guard in a big underground parking lot ,I made arrests of car thieves and drunken drivers, I had to deal with junkies and vagrants...I arrested a drunk driver that hit three cars trying to leave the lot and was heading out to busy streets as the bar crowed let out and the streets where full of people ..I played matador with him and smashed his front wind-shield with a baton as he circled the lot looking for a way out then dragged him out the car and held him in a choke hold until police arrived..there where other events like this...so an armed cop with all the back up and resources available to him reacting in this manner seems cowardly and chicken shit and irrational to me

Cops are fucking liars that will say absolutely anything to justify their authoritarian fuckups..

That's unjust. In this case, I think the cop is lying his a** off but I would in no way assume they all do.

I'm not saying they all do...

I'm saying in urban areas, the majority of cops are corrupt...

If you live in a small town in central Illinois I'm sure most are OK and actually do respect your liberties and are extremely respectful.

However, in an urban area they treat us all like sheep... They treat us like they're the SS and we have no rights..... The second one claims they do have civil liberties they beat their ass'.

Hell in the last month in Chicago (2) different pairs of "cops" were arrested for robbing drug dealers.... Two totally different cases...

Shit, back when I was 19-20 they just drove off of Lake Shore Drive onto the beach and robbed me and my brother (not the same cops but different ones)... Why?? because they were the POOOOLICE and they made it clear they could do what they wanted...

Of course they said: "get the fuck off our beach and go back to where you belong."

We were only chilling smoking a joint, they ended up stealing all our weed (implying they were going to go home and smoke it themselves) then stole several hundred bucks from us...

That was fucking 12 years ago...

Who was worse? a 3 kids hanging out on the beach or the 2 adult cops who just drove right onto the beach (right off lake shore drive, which is a 50 mph zone) to steal some young guys weed and their $$$$$$$$$$ to boot??? while laughing about it??

I can give you 10 more other encounters where the cops either ripped us off for everything, beat our asses or arrested us entirely or all 3...

sometimes for the same reason we might consider someone that has just come from a war zone as a mitigating circumstance for their fear based irrational reaction to a stress situation...I am not saying he should not face any appropriate charges...just sometimes the stresses of policing on an individual should be taken in to consideration in sentencing if the act was not motivated by anything other than unfounded fear or panic

Oh and lets not forget you have already ADMITTED to using excessive force on some "drunk driver."

You should be fired for that but I bet you think using excessive force is FUNNY... I bet it makes you feel all tough and shit..

I worked as a security guard in a big underground parking lot ,I made arrests of car thieves and drunken drivers, I had to deal with junkies and vagrants...I arrested a drunk driver that hit three cars trying to leave the lot and was heading out to busy streets as the bar crowed let out and the streets where full of people ..I played matador with him and smashed his front wind-shield with a baton as he circled the lot looking for a way out then dragged him out the car and held him in a choke hold until police arrived..there where other events like this...so an armed cop with all the back up and resources available to him reacting in this manner seems cowardly and chicken shit and irrational to me

I don't believe you can get any more excessive than killing a motherfucker...

If there was an alleged fence holding his ass in then why the fuck did "officer murder" have to kill him??

Oh and lets not forget there were kids in the car none the less..

So using the cops logic he fired into a car that had kids in it that was inhibited by fences.

Would you fire a gun at a man with kids 1-2 feet from him???

How smart was that???

Real life isn't the fucking movies where the "good guy" always misses the "bad guys" when they're firing from 30 feet away.

Kinda proves my point that that cop didn't give a fuck about those kids and only cared about making himself look like a hero - that or the guy is fucking retarded or failed his gun safety training.

I don't believe you can get any more excessive than killing a motherfucker...

If there was an alleged fence holding his ass in then why the fuck did "officer murder" have to kill him??

Oh and lets not forget there were kids in the car none the less..

So using the cops logic he fired into a car that had kids in it that was inhibited by fences.

Would you fire a gun at a man with kids 1-2 feet from him???

How smart was that???

Real life isn't the fucking movies where the "good guy" always misses the "bad guys" when they're firing from 30 feet away.

Kinda proves my point that that cop didn't give a fuck about those kids and only cared about making himself look like a hero - that or the guy is fucking retarded or failed his gun safety training.

Gun safety for law enforcement doesn't have a damned thing to do with not shooting a suspect when there are innocents around. Yes of course you use best judgement, but sometimes the best judgement is to take the shot.

Forum List

Back